• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hapax legomenon

12 people suffer burns in Hackney

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-39618490

At least 12 people have suffered burns from a suspected "noxious substance" at a club in east London, police say.

Hundreds of revellers were evacuated from Mangle E8 in Sidworth Street, London Fields, after police were called at about 01:10 BST.

Police said 10 of those affected were taken to hospital by ambulance, while a further two presented themselves at A&E.

Their injuries are non life-threatening.

It is understood about 600 people had been attending an event at the nightclub before it was evacuated.

Not sure what kind of substance could do this in a nightclub. Perhaps pepper spray or the like accidentally released. 

5 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Pepper spray I reckon. 

Didn't similar happen in an airport not too long ago?

Frankfurt IIRC; some immature prat thinking it's a giggle rather than the RoP would have my money.

29 minutes ago, One percent said:

I was just about to post a link to this flossy but under the islamification of Europe thread. 

My guess is that it is an acid attack being played down by the so-called BBC 

I thought of that but this is more likely some low level prank or an accident.  

3 minutes ago, This Time said:

Looks like you were right in the first place then.

Yes, I will call the Met police now and give the the official DOSBOD analysis. Should save them a lot of time.

1 minute ago, This Time said:

Looks like you were right in the first place then.

Sadly yes, it does look like it.  If it is what I suspect, it is yet another attack on our way of life. 

I never liked nightclubs in my youth, but I hold that if this is what people want to do, then that is their choice.  By carrying out attacks such as what we saw in Paris and maybe here, it just begins to limit how people live their lives.

its all ok though as khan (my dad was a bus driver) the mayor of London, says that we should accept this as just a part of living in London. 

1 minute ago, XswampyX said:

Yes, I will call the Met police now and give the the official DOSBOD analysis. Should save them a lot of time.

Which was is dosbods massive calling it though fossy?  Kids or rop?

17 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

Wait a while or they may think we don't actually know what we're talking about

16 minutes ago, One percent said:

Sadly yes, it does look like it.  If it is what I suspect, it is yet another attack on our way of life. 

I never liked nightclubs in my youth, but I hold that if this is what people want to do, then that is their choice.  By carrying out attacks such as what we saw in Paris and maybe here, it just begins to limit how people live their lives.

its all ok though as khan (my dad was a bus driver) the mayor of London, says that we should accept this as just a part of living in London. 

Which was is dosbods massive calling it though fossy?  Kids or rop?

Acid has got to be deliberate. It is not as if someone would be walking around a nightclub with acid without being up to something. 

4 minutes ago, One percent said:

how on earth are these chemicals available to the general public

Don't have to be, basic knowledge of chemistry a favourite subject of many students from the fertile crescent eastwards to degree level means that a whole host of substances from noxious to narcotic can be manufactured at home from basic ingredients.

Remember all the explosions and ferocious fires recently around cambidgeshire and oxfordshire in rental type properties, they were all probably synthetic drug labs.

Making small quantities of strong acids is comparative childs play.

10 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Don't have to be, basic knowledge of chemistry a favourite subject of many students from the fertile crescent eastwards to degree level means that a whole host of substances from noxious to narcotic can be manufactured at home from basic ingredients.

Remember all the explosions and ferocious fires recently around cambidgeshire and oxfordshire in rental type properties, they were all probably synthetic drug labs.

Making small quantities of strong acids is comparative childs play.

o.O  it is worrying as there are more of these kinds of attacks.  

This a few days ago

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3289709/islington-acid-attack-burns/

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

o.O  it is worrying as there are more of these kinds of attacks.  

This a few days ago

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3289709/islington-acid-attack-burns/

This would indicate that undilute residue was left behind at the scene for forensic analysis.

London Fire Brigade  said tests had shown the unknown liquid had a PH level of 1 making it a "strong acid and oxidising substance”.

I would suspect battery (sulphuric) acid, remarkably lemon juice is officially ph2.5.

pH is a logarithmic scale.

Anyway, the sun is reporting the nightclub incident was the result of a fight. Though how anyone is getting a bottle of strong acid past the bouncers I'm not sure.

1 hour ago, One percent said:

Update

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-39618490

it is not gang related 

ph test indicates a strong acid.

how on earth are these chemicals available to the general public.  They should be sold under licence. 

There are quite a lot of reasonable uses for strong acids.  I'm pointing a wall at the moment and needed some for cleaning up the lime streaking.  Just bought 5l over the counter.  OTOH, when I bought it they did ask for my name and address, which I thought was excessive but might just be to keep an eye on who might be going mad with acid.

26 minutes ago, Rave said:

pH is a logarithmic scale.

Anyway, the sun is reporting the nightclub incident was the result of a fight. Though how anyone is getting a bottle of strong acid past the bouncers I'm not sure.

Yes, and from The Sun:

Met Police said: "Officers believe a dispute between two groups of people developed inside the venue, resulting in a noxious substance being sprayed by a male suspect directly at Victims 1 and 2. Other people inside the venue suffered the effects of the substance.

So it looks like something personal rather than a mass attack with the other ten just being in the wrong place at the wrong time.