• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Cowboy builder?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5381869/Terraced-house-millionaires-row-COLLAPSES.html

A terraced house collapsed leaving a gaping hole in a street where homes fetch over £1.5 million.

The two storey property in West Hampstead suffered a total collapse with floors and the frontage reduced to rubble but the roof left intact but hanging precariously without any support.

Residents living next to the boarded up property were evacuated as firefighters tried to make the property safe.

Failed to get planning permission to turn it into multiple flats. My guess is that the owner decided to have a go anyhow.

i would bet good money that this is a foreign owner employing cowboys and who thinks that the rules don’t apply to them. 

8 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Love it.

"It is unclear whether or not building work was going on at the house..."

Really? There's a fucking JCB sat inside of it, you raving arseclowns.

Decorative feature, like those saddoes who put motorbikes in the living as a conversational feature.

Just now, spygirl said:

Decorative feature, like those saddoes who put motorbikes in the living as a conversational feature.

I was watching one of those ' Move to the Countryside, Considerably Richer than Yow' programs yesterday. One if the houses had that very thing. A gaudily painted motorbike in the livingroom. I remember thinking that, when you really thought about it, it really was a bit odd.

That said, 90% of the nation brings a tree into their living room in December. We are a strange species.

5 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

I was watching one of those ' Move to the Countryside, Considerably Richer than Yow' programs yesterday. One if the houses had that very thing. A gaudily painted motorbike in the livingroom. I remember thinking that, when you really thought about it, it really was a bit odd.

That said, 90% of the nation brings a tree into their living room in December. We are a strange species.

Have you ever seen any of the couples buy one of the properties they have wandered round?  

My guess is that it’s a very nice few days away for free. 

More cowboy home owners doing dodgy building work

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5381533/Couple-illegally-converted-garage-extra-house.html

couple flouted planning regulations by converting their garage into an extra home - and then hid it behind fences and a fake garage door. 

Dr Reeta Herzallah and Hamdi Almasri, from Enderby, Leicestershire, were visited by officers from Blaby District Council, who began investigating them in October 2015.

They found the couple had converted their garage into extra living space, installed a fence which blocked a parking slot, and created an unauthorised access route onto the B4114 dual carriageway.    

Top rated comment is telling...... Edit i miss read it:D

9 minutes ago, One percent said:

More cowboy home owners doing dodgy building work

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5381533/Couple-illegally-converted-garage-extra-house.html

couple flouted planning regulations by converting their garage into an extra home - and then hid it behind fences and a fake garage door. 

Dr Reeta Herzallah and Hamdi Almasri, from Enderby, Leicestershire, were visited by officers from Blaby District Council, who began investigating them in October 2015.

They found the couple had converted their garage into extra living space, installed a fence which blocked a parking slot, and created an unauthorised access route onto the B4114 dual carriageway.    

Edited by Long time lurking

42 minutes ago, One percent said:

Have you ever seen any of the couples buy one of the properties they have wandered round?  

My guess is that it’s a very nice few days away for free. 

No, now you mention it. It's mainly them laughing like the loaded ponces that they are over some wanky quip.

"So do you have a budget in mind?"

"Oh, about a zillion quid"

"Splendid! So really you could have afforded to use an agent, instead you came on this program just to show everyone how rich you are!"

"HAAAAW HAAAAW HAAAW!"

"Essentially you're the worst type of 'keeping up with the Jones' wankers this country has to offer?"

"Absolutely! The main reason we're moving is because all our neighbours have threatened to kill us!"

"HAAAAW HAAAAW HAAAW!"

Nothing to see here.

Obviously the house was owned by a BTL Landlord who has decided because of all the tax changes to give up.

It is a well known fact that when a BTL Landlord gives up, the house suddenly becomes unavailable for others to occupy and just vanishes.

The photos clearly show that this is what is happening and by next weekend, there will be nothing left.

All turned to dust.

5 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

No, now you mention it. It's mainly them laughing like the loaded ponces that they are over some wanky quip.

"So do you have a budget in mind?"

"Oh, about a zillion quid"

"Splendid! So really you could have afforded to use an agent, instead you came on this program just to show everyone how rich you are!"

"HAAAAW HAAAAW HAAAW!"

"Essentially you're the worst type of 'keeping up with the Jones' wankers this country has to offer?"

"Absolutely! The main reason we're moving is because all our neighbours have threatened to kill us!"

"HAAAAW HAAAAW HAAAW!"

My take on it is completely different. I look at them and think,

”seriously, you have amassed that level of wealth? But you are a nuclear grade (to borrow one of your excellent phrases sgt) plonker. How the fuck did you do it?”

im still thinking it’s a freebie holiday. Yes Ethel types the lot of them. 

Mind, we could pair up on dosbods and get a load of free holidays. It would get you away from the kids. xD  you could team up with tmt or joe and pass yourselves off as a gay couple. Then, especially if you are with joe, you could hit the bars and try and pick him out a date. 

1 hour ago, SNACR said:

You can see where they've taken a load bearing wall out from the ends of the joists.

And propped up the ends of the joists with a tiny bearer - see two pieces of wood with two bolts through - either knocked that swinging the JCB round or undermined the prop itself whilst digging out, or it just failed..

I would guess the side dividing wall was originally where the joists end and at some later date it's been extended a few feet into the next door building. They've removed what was one side of the house and then started digging around to make an extra floor for more ££££s.

It'll be an easy fix, a few bricks to fill in the hole, some magnolia + twigs in a vase next to that fireplace and it'll be good enough for renters.