• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

A National Conversation on Immigration

Hope Not Hate wants to have a national conversation on immigration. I think we all need to get involved in their conversation. Oops, our conversation.

They have an online survey and are touring the UK.

I wonder if they have an agenda? Hmmm...

http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/national-conversation-immigration/national-conversation-immigration/

The National Conversation on immigration is one of the largest public engagement projects into public policy ever undertaken.

Crucially, we want to see if we can find common ground. Immigration has been a hugely divisive subject over recent years and there has been little public trust in the way that immigration is managed. Over the last five years, it has consistently been one of the top five issues of public concern and was a factor in how many people voted in the EU referendum.

Employers, public services, families, universities and migrants themselves have also been unhappy with the way in which immigration has been handled, struggling to recruit enough workers or finding themselves caught up in bureaucracy.

One part of me thinks well at least they are making the right noises.

I haven't looked at the website yet, give me a moment....

"The ‘immigration debate’ has been dominated by loud voices who are either very anti- or very pro- immigration, giving little space for the majority in the middle, who see both positives and challenges of immigration, to be heard. "

Can't really find fault with that to be honest. It sounds like a good start at least.

Edited by Sgt Hartman

Have no truc with it.

They want to do it like this so they can present the doctored results to the government think tank on brexit to say "look everyone is cool with it really, just have a registration scheme or something people can fill in at transport hubs when they arrive" 

They know full well the average citizen will not say anything prejudiced at interview and so will fake it to appear pro immigration. 

Also bare in mind that this group regularly hounds people and contacts their employers when they think theyve found a "racist" 

Edited by WorkingPoor

13 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

Have no truc with it.

They want to do it like this so they can present the doctored results to the government think tank on brexit to say "look everyone is cool with it really, just have a registration scheme or something people can fill in at transport hubs when they arrive" 

They know full well the average citizen will not say anything prejudiced at interview and so will fake it to appear pro immigration. 

Also bare in mind that this group regularly hounds people and contacts their employers when they think theyve found a "racist" 

As i said, they are passing this back to the home affairs commitee so it'll be claimed as a great national survey has been done and everyone is cool with immigration, also watch out for 5 big speeches on brexit starting wednesday this is where the betrayal will be revealed.

Run by HOPE not hate in partnership with British Future, our National Conversation on Immigration seeks to better-understand what the public thinks about immigration, and to involve them in the process of deciding what happens after we leave the EU.

We are working alongside the Home Affairs Committee, feeding into their own investigation

Edited by WorkingPoor

50 minutes ago, ccc said:

What an arrogant bunch of SJWs they are. In their bio they claim to have single-handedly wiped out support for the BNP in predominantly ethnic wards in the ‘stans  quite a bold statement for an organisation that I have never heard of that as far as I can tell spent the grand total of.a few hundred pounds on a leaflet run and distribution campaign. Completely ignoring UKIPs success, the real reason for the BNPs demise.

Hope not hate GFYs

Edited by longtomsilver

2 minutes ago, Goat said:

The problem is there really isn't a middle ground, even the "very anti-" are unlikely to be opposed to "high value" immigration that actually adds value to society and to support anything else very quickly becomes "very pro-".

I mean what could the middle ground look like?  We want a cap of no more than 100,000 unemployable benefit dependent rapey head-choppy immigrants per year?  What kind of person would support that?

They may sound like they're making the right noises, but the reality is they're trying to label any opposition as extreme whilst claiming the (non-existant) middle ground for themselves.

For me I'd say the middle ground are those who want to be specific. For example if you showed me a young German guy and a Somali bloke who wanted to come to Britain. Both are immigrants but I'd say one of them has more of a propensity to be a pain in this country's arse than the other and we should be able to pick and choose using available stats and figures. Your countrymen over-represented in the crime stats? Well you're not coming in until it's under control.

That's not a blanket ban but it does help us target 'problem areas'. It also shows that we don't tolerate poor behaviour. The middle ground (for me at least) neither approve, nor disapprove of immigration but would like a better system to keep out the worlds wankers.

It also will never be implemented in a month of Sundays.

In truth, these surveys aren't going to do jack shit really. The issue has gone so far down the line now that anything like this is an exercise in futility. I speak to my other half whose currently trying to sort stuff to do with immigrant housing in a large UK town and the system is so broken, abused and taken advantage of, that it died on it's arse years ago. 

Our main issue isn't the tossers trying to get in IMO (though it's a very close second on the list), it's the ones that are already here who are causing havoc and aren't going anywhere.

1 minute ago, This Time said:

I'm actually very against high value immigration unless it's from a country that's similar to us economically. We have no right to steal the best and the brightest from developing countries - that's part of what's holding them back. If we need more doctors and engineers we should bloody well train them ourselves.

UK should have a set salary - 40k for single, 60k for family.

I am very Ok with, say, taking junior/young (under 25) Nurses and Drs and letting work for in the UK for up to 5 years.

The benefits for them is they will receive better training than in their home countries and they ought to be able to go home with a substantial cash sum after 5 years.

Both the skills and money ought to benefit they're home countries.

12 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Quite surprised Mr Cox hasn't turned up on Radio 4, or a little piece to camera for news bulletins.

Unusual.

Normally the MSM never misses an opportunity to remind us of the awful immigration stance of Trump, and let's not forget his terrible comments about women.

Mr Cox such a strong cheerleader for the values of Jo. There are more things that separate us than we have in common.

Is he away on holiday ?

Miss you Brendan.

Yeah, I thoughht hed be making a case for Oxfam.

1 minute ago, spygirl said:

The post 2000 of bringing in 100ks of Somali single mums with 6+ kids, to sit around on benefits. Or the various Roma Big Issue sellers. Go on someone make a case for why.

I was talking to my local big issue seller over the weekend. Lovely lad and he is only one of two Brits I know selling the BI in Swansea these days. All the rest appear to be Romanians.

He pointed out to me that increasingly people are not giving him money but are now giving beggars sat next to him the money instead - and he has noticed that people are often giving 2 or 3 times to a beggar sat beside him as they used to give him for the BI.

(There has been a big surge of beggars appearing next to all the supermarkets across Swansea. I am not really sure what is going on. How many are genuine. How many are professionals - plenty of these I suspect.).

Not wanting to hijack this thread but that is an interesting move if people are making such choices. I wonder why?

3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

There has been no debate, thats why its a hot topic.

There also been no justication or figures behdind the post 2000 immigration.

The Windrush stuff, brigig in Nurses, bus drivers etc in the 50s/60s - Yep, I can understand why.

The post 2000 of bringing in 100ks of Somali single mums with 6+ kids, to sit around on benefits. Or the various Roma Big Issue sellers. Go on someone make a case for why.

Besides, Id guess this will be more a lecture than a conversation.

I'd love to sit down and debate with them, but they would likely call the police within about 5 minutes to try and get me done for "Hate Speech" or something. 

This mob have harrassed people and lost them their jobs for years.