• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

A National Conversation on Immigration

1 minute ago, ThePiltdownMan said:

Anyone who thinks there's anything genuine about this is seriously deluded. It wouldn't surprise me if they are harvesting IP addresses for any wrongthink.

Well, you don't need to worry, they're coming for me based on the answers I put in, I can assure you.

("Turns out Hitler isn't quite dead!")

1 hour ago, billfunk said:

My take:

15. What policy changes would the Government have to make, to gain your trust and support in its approach to migration. Please give your ideas in a couple of sentences.
If we need Doctors in the UK then we need to start training them here. We can't claim shortages when we have a centuries-old medical tradition with a fantastic infrastructure of hospitals, universities and medical professionals. To say that the UK is implored to poach Doctors from other countries is a lie. Another lie is when companies say they cannot find British people to work for them. Prior to the neoliberal turn in the eighties, the mechanism for finding staff was to raise wages until demand was met. Immigration has replaced this. If a company was to offer a liveable wage then they would not struggle to find employees The fact is companies are desperate to pay people as little as possible and fight wage inflation any way they can. Most people see through this.

16. Is there anything else you’d like to add or suggest?
It takes around £7k per person to run the country. If we import millions of people on low wages, often supplemented with tax credits and housing benefits, then we are in effect importing a fiscal deficit. If the current method of immigration adds so much wealth to the country why do the establishment rub austerity in our faces? Why does the national debt continue to grow? Why are our public services continually getting cut and under pressure? There is a disconnect here. Please point me to the great wealth immigration has generated.

oh what's that Woosh I just heard.... oh yes, your ideas going completely over the head of SJWs

2 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Hope Not Hate wants to have a national conversation on immigration. I think we all need to get involved in their conversation. Oops, our conversation.

They have an online survey and are touring the UK.

I wonder if they have an agenda? Hmmm...

http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/national-conversation-immigration/national-conversation-immigration/

The National Conversation on immigration is one of the largest public engagement projects into public policy ever undertaken.

It's a bit rich them wanting a conversation now - haven't they been one of the obstacles to discussion on the subject.

I suspect they mean have a conversation and then see it their way.

2 hours ago, Fully Detached said:

I like the picture of the fluffy looking old boy being given the opportunity to put his views across. To me the subliminal message says "you old people couldn't possibly be as big a bunch of cunts as you've made us think you are, so come along, say your bit, and then let us point out where your thinking is a bit muddled. It's probably all just a big misunderstanding on your part"

Exactly. 

It's another case where people need to be educated because the authorities aren't getting their message across. 

You see it all the time with politics.  A massive vote against a policy isn't because the policy is rubbish it's because the policy makers haven't been getting their message across.

Apart from that there's no need for a survey now as we had that with the 2016 referendum vote along with recent general elections going back to 2010 when Cameron and May (who both won) promised to reduce immigration down to tens of thousands - after 8 years still waiting.

Edited by twocents

1 hour ago, billfunk said:

My take:

15. What policy changes would the Government have to make, to gain your trust and support in its approach to migration. Please give your ideas in a couple of sentences.
If we need Doctors in the UK then we need to start training them here. We can't claim shortages when we have a centuries-old medical tradition with a fantastic infrastructure of hospitals, universities and medical professionals. To say that the UK is implored to poach Doctors from other countries is a lie. Another lie is when companies say they cannot find British people to work for them. Prior to the neoliberal turn in the eighties, the mechanism for finding staff was to raise wages until demand was met. Immigration has replaced this. If a company was to offer a liveable wage then they would not struggle to find employees The fact is companies are desperate to pay people as little as possible and fight wage inflation any way they can. Most people see through this.

16. Is there anything else you’d like to add or suggest?
It takes around £7k per person to run the country. If we import millions of people on low wages, often supplemented with tax credits and housing benefits, then we are in effect importing a fiscal deficit. If the current method of immigration adds so much wealth to the country why do the establishment rub austerity in our faces? Why does the national debt continue to grow? Why are our public services continually getting cut and under pressure? There is a disconnect here. Please point me to the great wealth immigration has generated.

I suggest the government will find it impossible to gain trust on the subject as they've told so many outrageous lies about it.

1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I was talking to my local big issue seller over the weekend. Lovely lad and he is only one of two Brits I know selling the BI in Swansea these days. All the rest appear to be Romanians.

He pointed out to me that increasingly people are not giving him money but are now giving beggars sat next to him the money instead - and he has noticed that people are often giving 2 or 3 times to a beggar sat beside him as they used to give him for the BI.

(There has been a big surge of beggars appearing next to all the supermarkets across Swansea. I am not really sure what is going on. How many are genuine. How many are professionals - plenty of these I suspect.).

Not wanting to hijack this thread but that is an interesting move if people are making such choices. I wonder why?

Austerity - I don't mean the practical realities of it, but the mental effect it has on people i.e. the masses have sucked up the message and are now more likely to give money to beggars believing they have fallen on hard times. 

Any increase is only a reaction to that, more opportunity for those willing to pretend they are in a desperate situation. It's not your classic story of getting up at the end of the day and getting in a BMW to drive home, but people completely ingrained in the benefits system, they have a roof over their head, hand outs but do this to bump up their income. 

Edit : Father/Mother in law run a homeless charity, they are incredibly generous people, given their lives to helping people, but know every trick in the book and way more cynical than most people about peoples situations. they will help anybody if they can, they just don't believe the stories.

Edited by gilf

1 hour ago, This Time said:

I'm actually very against high value immigration unless it's from a country that's similar to us economically. We have no right to steal the best and the brightest from developing countries - that's part of what's holding them back. If we need more doctors and engineers we should bloody well train them ourselves.

It's also stealing indigenous youngsters potential to be high value employees if given suitable training.

1 hour ago, TheNoSnowMan said:

HnH are dangerous Marxists psycho's with financial links to a certain 'cough' Open 'cough' Society. I wonder why that is?

My question as well, who are they funded by ? Got to be a good bit of money kicking around to have an office in SW1. Also, in what way are they 'feeding into' the Home Affairs Committee ? The more I hear of such arguments, the more I tend toward the conspiraloon angle that globalists are funding a far left movement of useful idiots to achieve a society that suits their objectives. What's the betting that this outfit are staffed by well off middle class 'experts' that don't like to stray too far from the herd.

1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I was talking to my local big issue seller over the weekend. Lovely lad and he is only one of two Brits I know selling the BI in Swansea these days. All the rest appear to be Romanians.

He pointed out to me that increasingly people are not giving him money but are now giving beggars sat next to him the money instead - and he has noticed that people are often giving 2 or 3 times to a beggar sat beside him as they used to give him for the BI.

(There has been a big surge of beggars appearing next to all the supermarkets across Swansea. I am not really sure what is going on. How many are genuine. How many are professionals - plenty of these I suspect.).

Not wanting to hijack this thread but that is an interesting move if people are making such choices. I wonder why?

Beggars on the way in - charity buckets at the till on the way out.

It can't be good for business.

2 minutes ago, twocents said:

Beggars on the way in - charity buckets at the till on the way out.

It can't be good for business.

Indeed. I won't shop at the local Sainsbury's mini because of the homeless beggar sitting near the entrance.

12 minutes ago, the gardener said:

Hope not Hate - wasn't that Jo Cox involved in that vile organisation?

Why would I engage with an organisation that's sole purpose is to destroy the way of life of my country?

Presumably they are trying to present a survey showing a general public backing of their ideological position. The more anti-migration people that choose to chip in the weaker their results are for their intended purpose. You're actually not helping them by doing the survey. 

53 minutes ago, davidg said:

oh what's that Woosh I just heard.... oh yes, your ideas going completely over the head of SJWs

I left my email address in case they want a discourse with me/ shop me to the plod for being a fascist. All my arguments were economic so I would be interested to know what thought crime I have committed. Wanting a higher standard of life is fascistic, apparently.

Target population for the UK should be around 15 million. That's what the country can support in terms of food production without resorting to ridiculously high intensive agriculture. The UK isn't Africa's Lebensraum and living in such northern climes should be reserved for workers and people who have paid into the system.

With that in mind we should lease some part of Africa and anyone not working or who hasn't contributed to the benefits system should be shipped out to live there. We should aim to get the population down to below 50 million by 2050 and 30 million by 2100.

5 minutes ago, davidg said:

Target population for the UK should be around 15 million. That's what the country can support in terms of food production without resorting to ridiculously high intensive agriculture. The UK isn't Africa's Lebensraum and living in such northern climes should be reserved for workers and people who have paid into the system.

With that in mind we should lease some part of Africa and anyone not working or who hasn't contributed to the benefits system should be shipped out to live there. We should aim to get the population down to below 50 million by 2050 and 30 million by 2100.

That's the plan of the global elite - but without the 'shipping out' costs.  Big pits and lime are cheaper, don't you know...

6 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Hope Not Hate wants to have a national conversation on immigration. I think we all need to get involved in their conversation. Oops, our conversation.

They have an online survey and are touring the UK.

I wonder if they have an agenda? Hmmm...

http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/national-conversation-immigration/national-conversation-immigration/

The National Conversation on immigration is one of the largest public engagement projects into public policy ever undertaken.

Hope Not Hate are a government funded Antifa with an office.

Nick Lowles (chief executive of Hope Not Hate) was involved with Antifa back in the day, and Red Action (Harrods bombing, possibly the (still unsolved) Warrington bombing which killed a young boy too...

https://www.civilliberty.org.uk/newsdetail.php?newsid=1215

Definite commie scum, probably worse.

Not to be trusted in any way.

19 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Hope Not Hate are a government funded Antifa with an office.

Nick Lowles (chief executive of Hope Not Hate) was involved with Antifa back in the day, and Red Action (Harrods bombing, possibly the (still unsolved) Warrington bombing which killed a young boy too...

https://www.civilliberty.org.uk/newsdetail.php?newsid=1215

Definite commie scum, probably worse.

Not to be trusted in any way.

Wish I had known that before I completed the survey :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, Horrified Onlooker said:

Wish I had known that before I completed the survey :ph34r:

Sorry, I'm a slow and irregular dosbodder these days, otherwise I would have been right on this thread early.

They didn't ask for your name did they? 

Here's Millennial Woes talking about the Hope Not Hate witch hunt that came before he was doxxed. He offers Nick Lowles a chance to discuss the issued with him, but Nick didn't ever accept as far as I know.

28min video, but perfectly understandable at 2x speed. Nothing much happening on the screen, just Woes chatting in his dressing gown, so just listening is fine if you wanna do other shit while it's on.

Edited by Carl Fimble
28, not 8

6 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Sorry, I'm a slow and irregular dosbodder these days, otherwise I would have been right on this thread early.

They didn't ask for your name did they? 

They do ask for an email address.

If I become the first DOSBODDER lynched by the SJW/Antifa mob, I expect you to provide for my kith & kin.

Pray for St Horrified Onlooker the martyr!

I might set up a Just Giving page...