• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
shindigger

Lesser Bohemians

I think that would be me.

Theres stuff about some sort of cultural kickback started in a Spoons in Camden on the Times website.

Can anyone post a non firewalled link. Or supply means of avoiding same?

Cheers.

9 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Susan Hill (The Woman in Black), Roger Daltrey, John Cleese and Michael Caine amongst others resist the luvvie tyranny of Lily Allen and Eddie Izzard to say that they support Brexit.

For Brexit

PAy-MICHAEL-CAINE-Characters-Lieutenant-

Anti-Brexit:

37DC454700000578-3772751-image-m-77_1472

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5389635/Brexiteer-artists-come-closet.html

Faaaaaasands of em.

1 minute ago, blobloblob said:

Hasn't John Lydon also declared his support for leaving?

I suspect a lot support it but the peer pressure makes them keep quiet; John Lydon doesn't do peer pressure, bless 'im.

I was introduced to somebody at a conference as "He supports Brexit"; ffs there is such an orthodoxy in certain occupations (I'm public sector) that I'm not surprised some people keep quiet about their views.  I said something like "and bloody proud of it" which immediately shut them up.

Whilst I'm not famous, if I were I'd be one of the 4%. Some friends of mine are Labour supporters and activists, they are all remain, pro-EU and consider Brexit voters idiots! I do have to bite my tongue and nod. No point falling out, especially if they feed me occasionally.

The media, establishment, luvvie driven pro-Remain onslaught continues, when we should be getting on with it. It is like having an open wound that is not allowed to heal.

1 minute ago, One percent said:

When the outcome was announced, I texted the following to my daughter “Independence day!”

she didn’t speak to me for days. :)

I had a friend come round the next week, as we took tea in my sunny garden she was devastated. After letting her go on I quietly noted that had the vote not been for Brexit I would have started the emigration process for myself; she was stunned as she assumed that all intelligent people voted Remain and the Brexit lot were all moronic troglodytes.  

We are still friends and regularly lunch but there are certain subjects that we both avoid.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

I had a friend come round the next week, as we took tea in my sunny garden she was devastated. After letting her go on I quietly noted that had the vote not been for Brexit I would have started the emigration process for myself; she was stunned as she assumed that all intelligent people voted Remain and the Brexit lot were all moronic troglodytes.  

We are still friends and regularly lunch but there are certain subjects that we both avoid.

Don’t forget racist. Everyone who voted leave is a racist. Oh and old

13 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Susan Hill (The Woman in Black), Roger Daltrey, John Cleese and Michael Caine amongst others resist the luvvie tyranny of Lily Allen and Eddie Izzard to say that they support Brexit.

It seems to broadly be a case of 

People old enough to have experienced life before we entered the EU - Leave

People only ever lived in a UK in the EU - Stay

Think I'll go with those with the most experience. 

You could argue that those older ones are clinging on to some notion of nostalgia for a time when the UK was a far better place that it is now, but that's hardly a great advert for the EU if it's meant the longer destruction of the UK and a lower standard of living for all. 

1 hour ago, One percent said:

I bet. Lots of young people with unicorn hair screaming at the sky?  xD

Not just them most of those i went with were remain voters public sector /bank/HR types  ,some one said in an upset tone "you" don`t realise what you have done  and there was a guy that has his own financial advising business running around like a headless chicken as he look at the markets on his phone

I just sat there hungover laughing my tits off ,i must say the atmosphere was a little tense until everyone was pissed later in the day 

4 hours ago, gilf said:

It seems to broadly be a case of 

People old enough to have experienced life before we entered the EU - Leave

People only ever lived in a UK in the EU - Stay

Think I'll go with those with the most experience. 

You could argue that those older ones are clinging on to some notion of nostalgia for a time when the UK was a far better place that it is now, but that's hardly a great advert for the EU if it's meant the longer destruction of the UK and a lower standard of living for all. 

Also the older ones know the lies told to them when they were asked to vote to join the Common Market and the way it suddenly morphed into the eu without any vote on the matter.

Edited by twocents

22 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Not just them most of those i went with were remain voters public sector /bank/HR types  ,some one said in an upset tone "you" don`t realise what you have done to me and there was a guy that has his own financial advising business running around like a headless chicken as he look at the markets on his phone

I just sat there hungover laughing my tits off ,i must say the atmosphere was a little tense until everyone was pissed later in the day 

The two words added for clarification.

"Public sector /bank/HR types" and organisations like the CBI and IoD were so keen on joining and pressurised employees to vote to join. 

Not quite the sort of pressure they're capable of applying now but plain pressure nontheless.  The upset with the 2016 vote was pure self interest and nothing to do with the interest of the country in general.

Edited by twocents

13 minutes ago, twocents said:

Also the older ones know the lies told to them when they were asked to join the Common Market and the way it suddenly morphed into the eu without any vote on the matter.

^ This.

I well remember the Maastricht shenanigans. My vote in the EU referendum of 2016 was cast back in the early nineties.

I'm old (and lucky) enough to have lived the first couple of years of my life pre-EEC though for half that time I was living in West Germany - see people did go abroad before the EEC/EU. My grandfather visited Cologne, though he didn't see much from 18,000 feet and he didn't stay long 😁

Actually that's a lie about my grandfather.

It was Dusseldorf. 😀

Edited by the gardener

1 minute ago, the gardener said:

^ This.

I well remember the Maastricht shenanigans. My vote in the EU referendum of 2016 was cast back in the early nineties.

I'm old (and lucky) enough to have lived the first couple of years of my life pre-EEC though for half that time I was living in West Germany.

Many people had to wait that 3 to 4 decades to cast their vote against what was happening.

14 minutes ago, twocents said:

The two words added for clarification.

"Public sector /bank/HR types" and organisations like the CBI and IoD were so keen on joining and pressurised employees to vote to join. 

Not quite the sort of pressure they're capable of applying now but plain pressure nontheless.  The upset with the 2016 vote was pure self interest and nothing to do with the interest of the country in general.

With out a doubt ,ccc has proved that OTS everyone had a vested interest