DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Daft Punk Bollocks

• 4 weeks later...

I'm confused here, is the track in the OP from Daft Punk? I quite like it - remember it quite well.

I've never really "got" Daft Punk. And that's coming from someone into electronica. It just washes over me. For me their best effort was probably the Pharrell Williams collaboration in 2013, "Get Lucky". But then that doesn't sound much like them.

One of my most valuable 12" singles is their dull 1997 track "Around the World" played only once, still in pristine condition in its original shrink-wrap. When last I looked: apparently, at times, people will pay up to £35 for that.

8 hours ago, DTMark said:

I'm confused here, is the track in the OP from Daft Punk? I quite like it - remember it quite well.

I've never really "got" Daft Punk. And that's coming from someone into electronica. It just washes over me. For me their best effort was probably the Pharrell Williams collaboration in 2013, "Get Lucky". But then that doesn't sound much like them.

One of my most valuable 12" singles is their dull 1997 track "Around the World" played only once, still in pristine condition in its original shrink-wrap. When last I looked: apparently, at times, people will pay up to £35 for that.

I believe the OP is making reference to the outfits and general approach taken by Magic Fly in the 1970s, which appear more or less copied directly by Daft Punk in some of their work.

Daft Punk appear to be one of those groups that have reinvented their music in a more popular style in order to gain more sales -- which appears to be a sell-out to their artistic values, but on the other hand, did make them suitably wealthier.

Get Lucky? I'm entertained by this version:

All music becomes significantly more amusing when sung in a Bluegrass style.

15 hours ago, dgul said:

Get Lucky? I'm entertained by this version:

All music becomes significantly more amusing when sung in a Bluegrass style.

Apart from one moment where the lead reaches for a note he can't hit (I can empathise with that after a few drinks on a Friday night), they're actually really quite good.

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/03/2018 at 02:38, DTMark said:

I find them a bit hit and miss but really like these two tracks from daft punk .

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...