• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Hypocrisy at its finest.

Recommended Posts

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5399247/UNICEF-kids-rights-campaigner-jailed-rape-boy-13.html

A leading children's rights campaigner, who helped governments around the world tackle the issue of abuse, has been jailed for raping a 12-year-old boy.

Former UNICEF consultant Peter Newell admitted three counts of indecent assault and two counts of buggery and was sentenced to six years, eight months in prison.

He has also been placed on the sex offenders register indefinitely.

Along with his partner, Rachel Hodgkin, Newell helped prepare UNICEF's Implementation Handbook for the Convention on the Rights of the Child, launched in Geneva in January 1998.

The document, which provides a detailed reference of law, policy and practice aimed at promoting and protecting the rights of children, is still used by governments all over the globe.

It is also used by various United Nations agencies, non-governmental organizations, human rights institutions and academics.



You couldn’t really make this up.  It’s time we good rid of all these dogooding charities ang bodies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Outstanding.

The sort of man who goes around giving emotion-charged speeches on how everyone must protect the rights of children, picks up his huge fee, and then goes and rapes one.

It doesn't particularly surprise me with the UN - it's all corruption and self-serving.  Why the US continues to pour money into that shambles escapes me; maybe Trump will turn off the tap.

 

You can still read his publications about the rights of children on the Save the Children website; bet they paid him lavishly for those as well.

This one caught my eye:

 

Quote

 

Legal frameworks for combating sexual exploitation of children

Respect for human dignity is the foundation of human rights. Sexual exploitation of children is a gross violation of their right to respect for their human dignity and physical and mental integrity. Fulfilment of States’ human rights obligations under international law requires effective protection for all children from all forms of sexual exploitation. This document intends to summarise and take stock of the international and national legislative progress that has been made towards the fulfilling of the commitments undertaken at the World Congresses against the Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children (Stockholm 1996, Yokohama 2001) and calls for urgent action to consolidate legislation and implement it effectively.The III World Congress against the Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children is slated to take place in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, in November 2008.


 

https://resourcecentre.savethechildren.net/authors/newell-peter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Outstanding.

The sort of man who goes around giving emotion-charged speeches on how everyone must protect the rights of children, picks up his huge fee, and then goes and rapes one.

It doesn't particularly surprise me with the UN - it's all corruption and self-serving.  Why the US continues to pour money into that shambles escapes me; maybe Trump will turn off the tap.

 

You can still read his publications about the rights of children on the Save the Children website; bet they paid him lavishly for those as well.

This one caught my eye:

 

https://resourcecentre.savethechildren.net/authors/newell-peter

He has authored or coauthored eight of the nine reports on that link.  Maybe he was just doing fieldwork?

why are his reports still there. Height of insensitivity. 

 

Edit to add, @Frank Hovis had filtered to reports written by this odious character. 9_9 my second point still stands

Edited by One percent
Pressed submit too early

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

This gets at the root of why all this virtue signalling nonsense is so annoying.

Those that feel the strongest need to signal their virtue, are those that have no virtue. 

 

From the front line so to speak ,you realy have to read the whole thread ,the thoughts of daughter of aid workers 

 

Edited by Long time lurking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

From the front line so to speak ,you realy have to read the whole thread ,the thoughts of daughter of aid workers 

 

Very good find LLL. Exactly my experience of the NGO cockroaches in this part of the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Cause or effect?

Good question.

There are regular cases of police officers who have been working for years on child protection being done for related offences.  I doubt they start off like that, as if they were then they would be less than keen to go into an area where they would feel compromised, but years of exposure to such things can have its effect and if you keep seeing something presented in a sexual manner then you will begin to see it that way yourself.  It's the sort of work where I would very much time limit the years an officer can serve on it - max of two years say.

I think similar thing happen to teachers, though this applies to both male and female teachers, where because they spend so much of their time with children they begin to see them (well, 14/15 on) as their peer group and would think a relationship with one perfectly normal.  I don't know if there is a thread on similar on here yet but there was one in The Sun today who had been caught with a boy pupil after a school dance.  It's the socialising with pupils that blurs the boundaries, one other started from drinking with them on a school trip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Good question.

There are regular cases of police officers who have been working for years on child protection being done for related offences.  I doubt they start off like that, as if they were then they would be less than keen to go into an area where they would feel compromised, but years of exposure to such things can have its effect and if you keep seeing something presented in a sexual manner then you will begin to see it that way yourself.  It's the sort of work where I would very much time limit the years an officer can serve on it - max of two years say.

I think similar thing happen to teachers, though this applies to both male and female teachers, where because they spend so much of their time with children they begin to see them (well, 14/15 on) as their peer group and would think a relationship with one perfectly normal.  I don't know if there is a thread on similar on here yet but there was one in The Sun today who had been caught with a boy pupil after a school dance.  It's the socialising with pupils that blurs the boundaries, one other started from drinking with them on a school trip.

I'll never trust my dog-sitter again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Similar Content

    • By JackieO
      Roper's and leftists feel the love for a somali criminal

    • By sarahbell
      Oldham Council
      https://www.uk.coop/COTY_Shortlist

      In Oldham, we began our co-operative journey in 2011, and it has been exciting and challenging in equal measure.Our whole-system approach has seen us actively encouraging residents to take part in decision-making, using our spending power to secure added social value for residents, as well as scaling even greater heights in terms of our partnership working – all of which are helping us towards our joint ambition for a co-operative future.
      We recognise the most effective way to design services and deliver the outcomes that matter to residents is to do it with them; or even better, to create the right conditions for them to do it for themselves. Our approach has seen us support the creation of the Oldham Food Network, a community-led network driving Oldham’s co-operative approach to food and growing. We also invested £400k in our Green Dividend programme, allowing residents to bid for up to £5k to make their local area greener and more pleasant place to live. This has funded 46 projects helping over 2000 households to create accessible green space in their local area.
      In Oldham co-operation is about creating the environment for others to act. We are building co-operation into the fabric of the town, building a place that is forward thinking and ambitious, where everyone has a choice, and every voice is represented. We use a simple formula: #ourbit #yourbit #result to describe our approach, where everybody does their bit and everybody benefits.
    • By One percent
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44093868
      The government is to pay hundreds of thousands of pounds to European rough sleepers who were illegally detained and deported.
      Figures obtained by the So-Called BBC reveal that in the year to May 2017, 698 homeless EU nationals were targeted and removed from the country.
      The Home Office said no further action was being taken against European citizens for rough sleeping. 
      Law firms told the So-Called BBC that at least 45 clients were currently pursuing claims.
      Each claim is worth thousands of pounds, and varies according to the length of time spent in detention as well as other aggravating factors.
       
      It seems the government is powless to stop our streets turning into shitholes. When are we leaving the EU?
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.