• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Chewing Grass

People who don't give a shit about anyone else

Saw this article about some twat in Tunstall 0bjecting to an ambulane being parked outside his/her house on an emergency call.

‘I couldn’t give a s**t if the whole street collapses. Now move your van from outside my house. '

Then ventured down to the bottom of the article where there was reference to a certain teaching assistant from Small Heath in Birmingham who left another note saying ‘You may be saving lives but don’t park your van in a stupid place and block my drive’ .

'Teaching assistant Hassan Shabbir Ali, 27, later apologised for writing the note ‘in the heat of the moment’.

Surprised that somebody in such a responsible role dealing with young children would do something as low as harassing an ambulance crew, at least he was caught (assuming he is a bloke).

http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/18/angry-note-left-ambulance-saying-dont-give-sht-move-van-7322757/

1 minute ago, Chewing Grass said:

Saw this article about some twat in Tunstall 0bjecting to an ambulane being parked outside his/her house on an emergency call.

‘I couldn’t give a s**t if the whole street collapses. Now move your van from outside my house. '

Then ventured down to the bottom of the article where there was reference to a certain teaching assistant from Small Heath in Birmingham who left another note saying ‘You may be saving lives but don’t park your van in a stupid place and block my drive’ .

'Teaching assistant Hassan Shabbir Ali, 27, later apologised for writing the note ‘in the heat of the moment’.

Surprised that somebody in such a responsible role dealing with young children would do something as low as harassing an ambulance crew, at least he was caught (assuming he is a bloke).

http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/18/angry-note-left-ambulance-saying-dont-give-sht-move-van-7322757/

It's cunts like those individuals that mean I don't give a shit about anyone else.

Simply deny them access to the emergency services.

"You need an ambulance? Sorry we don't cover your address as there is no access for emergency vehicles"

"But my Grandad is having a heart attack!"

"We don't give a shit"

Edited by billfunk

In many countries the emergency services are seen as low rank public servants 

They dont do "our first responders" jingoism 

So there is a marked cultural difference

In france for instance the police are seen as "the fist of the state"

I never got the pro military jingoism either, at the end of the day they are servants of the crown same with police 

i certainly dont put them on a pedestal far from it and look on with disdain at all the promotion stuff on social media.  

I wouldnt admonish an ambulance crew with a note on their windscreen but i also dont have to be forced into "our first responders" jingoism either. 

"You wait till you need an ambulance mate!!!!" yeah well i pay my taxes and i can rightly expect one, unless we are getting into the realms of "we're not going to treat you because we dont like your attitude"? 

Well thats a slippery slope.

Again part of the story is missing here, sometimes 5 or 6 ambulances turn up to a single shout this is a regular occurence  with private paramedics racing in first followed by as many ambulances as can get in, quite often local reports come in with "2 paramedic rapid response vehicles and 3 ambulances etc etc" sometimes 3 or 4 fire appliances as well from all over the county.

Maybe a HAZMAT unit too.

Edited by WorkingPoor

4 hours ago, Kilham said:

This is why a common culture is vastly more important than a common skin colour.

That's the old ethno vs civic nationalism debate. Problem with civic nationalism is the argument that anyone can be, for example, British, and that it will only take a matter of time for anyone new to the country to assimilate and absorb and adopt British culture and values. This worked well with, for example, the Windrush era immigrants although it could be argued that subsequent generations have not adopted British values quite as well. Then of course we have the mass immigration of recent years and the scale of this has meant that adoption of our values is not necessary for some as many areas have been allowed to exist with a predominantly foreign culture as the norm. Parts of the UK now resemble enclaves of third world countries, albeit with flushing toilets and running water.

Edited by Fossildog

There are two accounts referenced in the article,  the first a lady (ethnicity unknown) who leaves a note and then goes out shouting at them.  The second this Hassan fella who leaves the note about them blocking his drive.

The most striking thing for me is how much of an issue parking has become in this country that people feel this strongly,  or that an ambulance can’t attend an emergency without blocking people’s drives.  I blame poor planning and overpopulation..  though writing notes on ambulances isn’t that smart,  presumably this is just people venting their upset in such a way because they don’t know how else to do it.  

Ambulance drivers are professionals..  they shouldn’t really have to deal with verbal abuse,  but they should be able to manage these situations.  It’s just a day in the life of dealing with the general public, surely?

As someone who has probably called a greater than average number of ambulances in my time (usually to deal with actually unconscious, and more usually pretend unconscious people on my buses) I must say that some of the drivers seem to delight in parking as awkwardly as possible. I get that on a shout they need to get to the patient as quickly as they can, but sometimes they left the ambulance hanging out well into the road when it would have been quicker to drive it properly into the kerb and get out 5 yards closer to where they were needed.

8 hours ago, Libspero said:

The most striking thing for me is how much of an issue parking has become in this country that people feel this strongly,

When it was proposed the field got turned into allotments (And thus ending the constant rampaging by kids jumping on cars, drunken girls etc that were the direct consequence of the field being there) two lots of the neighbours had HUGE hissy fits about the idea someone from the allotment might block their driveway.

I couldn't believe it. They were deadly serious and really angry about it. Seriously angry. I talked one round really easily by showing them the plans to put a massive car park on the place so no one needed to park on the road. As I live much nearer than both of them it'd most likely be me it affects rather than them, but that's people for you. Fucking nobheads about parking.

The sheer amount of dickheads about these days is why I tend to avoid going anywhere that has large crowds, cinema/concerts etc. There is always some fucking idiot determined to ruin it for everyone else. I've got quite a short fuse for that kind of thing so end up getting into bother. I'd rather just avoid it altogether now.

I was in London over the weekend. Jesus Christ what a seething, irritable mass of humanity that is. I couldn't live there if you paid me.

11 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Fucking nobheads about parking.

I live a short walk from a London commuter line station. Every year there is a move to make the road parking restricted, which I have always been against. Problem is some (few) people park so inconsiderately that it leaves you absolutely gobsmacked. Next time it gets mooted i’ll be supporting imposing restrictions, and sooner or later another road will be shut off forcing people into grossly overpriced car parks.

9 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

The sheer amount of dickheads about these days is why I tend to avoid going anywhere that has large crowds, cinema/concerts etc. There is always some fucking idiot determined to ruin it for everyone else. I've got quite a short fuse for that kind of thing so end up getting into bother. I'd rather just avoid it altogether now.

I was in London over the weekend. Jesus Christ what a seething, irritable mass of humanity that is. I couldn't live there if you paid me.

That was my overwhelming feeling on my last trip to the U.K. about 7-8 years ago. Awful people. Totally opposite to my upbringing and what I regarded as British culture.

14 hours ago, wherebee said:

Hassan Shabbir Ali,

Import third world people, get third world attitudes to society.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-43110194

Compare and contrast.

Town, age. But something is missing?

Can you see it???

Why the fuck should she care?

As long as Brits keep on paying benefits for her what does she care?

18 minutes ago, spygirl said:

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/stoke-on-trent-news/woman-arrested-after-west-midlands-1231722

'Hassan Shabir Ali  a 27 year old teaching assistant allegedly !! Should know better '

She did more than leave a note.

There were two incidents and shabby hessian was not arrested. The other 26 year old woman was. She's probably safe to arrest being hideously white I imagine. Deplorable.

1 hour ago, Sgt Hartman said:

The sheer amount of dickheads about these days is why I tend to avoid going anywhere that has large crowds, cinema/concerts etc. There is always some fucking idiot determined to ruin it for everyone else. 

Same here. I dread going to the supermarket each weekend for the same reason.

I've been invited to go along with friends to the Norwich Winter Beer Festival this Saturday. Should be a joyous day out catching up with friends and trying different ales but I fecking hate crowds. I might encounter the same dickhead I saw at the last Beer Fest in October.

16 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

The woman has been arrested and is in custody. WTF ???

BBC Link

Staffordshire Police said the incident was not reported, but the force took action after seeing details on Twitter.

Ch Insp John Owen tweeted: "Emergency services must be able to carry out their roles without fear of abuse."

The woman, from Tunstall, was arrested on suspicion of public order offences and remains in police custody.

Mike Duggan, operational manager from the West Midlands Ambulance Service, said the paramedics also received verbal abuse as well as the note.

"This is not solely about the note," Staffordshire Police said, "the arrest related to matters of verbal abuse."

What happened to the sensible action of screwing up the note, ignoring the ranting woman, and getting on with your job/life ?

11 hours ago, Libspero said:

There are two accounts referenced in the article,  the first a lady (ethnicity unknown) who leaves a note and then goes out shouting at them.  The second this Hassan fella who leaves the note about them blocking his drive.

The most striking thing for me is how much of an issue parking has become in this country that people feel this strongly,  or that an ambulance can’t attend an emergency without blocking people’s drives.  I blame poor planning and overpopulation..  though writing notes on ambulances isn’t that smart,  presumably this is just people venting their upset in such a way because they don’t know how else to do it.  

Ambulance drivers are professionals..  they shouldn’t really have to deal with verbal abuse,  but they should be able to manage these situations.  It’s just a day in the life of dealing with the general public, surely?

Indeed and the sheer numbers of emergency vehicles rushing hither and thither on the roads all over the place must have without exaggeration multiplied maybe 10 times since the end of the 1990s. 

When you might have encountered an ambulance or police car once a month or so (in other words very much a rarity) with full on sirens and flashing lights suddenly appearing behind you in your rear view mirror and wanting to overtake now you can expect that just about every other day.

50 minutes ago, twocents said:

Indeed and the sheer numbers of emergency vehicles rushing hither and thither on the roads all over the place must have without exaggeration multiplied maybe 10 times since the end of the 1990s. 

When you might have encountered an ambulance or police car once a month or so (in other words very much a rarity) with full on sirens and flashing lights suddenly appearing behind you in your rear view mirror and wanting to overtake now you can expect that just about every other day.

^ This

They are justifying their budgets by attending every single call out mob handed 

They have bloated the services and dont want any budget cuts so they send 4 ambulances 3 fire engines and a chopper complete with an "air road" vehicle which is some car for the chopper landing site.

"our furst responders" do me a favour 

Like troops they get paid for the job they do

no need for all this furst responders worship

Edited by WorkingPoor