• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

I feel like chicken tonight

DHL laser like focus on their new contract.

Just be thankful that Hermes didnt win the contract. Everyone would have raw chicken left in their dustbins and hedges....

Still problems.

Exactly how many days without trade can a huge operation like KFC keep going for before we start seeing bankruptcies?

Can the franchisees sue KFC ltd for non-delivery?

Edited by dgul

1 minute ago, dgul said:

Still problems.

Exactly how many days without trade can a huge operation like KFC keep going for before we start seeing bankruptcies?

Franchises will be hit badly I assume, as will anyone on a zero hours contract.

900 outlets in the Uk! I wonder how many are in France with similar populations?

The 'little' mixed race girl in the link must be ravenous - there is always Greggs. Fuckin Greggs

Edited by mattydread
Ketborad

I await to see what the problem is.

Teething logistics problem would see wrong orders rather than no chickne for several days.

Is the problem solely in the logistic? That would require a huge fuckup.

Or is there something wrong with the chicken itself - dodgy usebys, fraudulent country of origin?

This problem is unprecedented. I cannot think of any thing like this.

New CEO started end of last year. A woman. I blame sex equality.

14 minutes ago, spygirl said:

I await to see what the problem is.

Teething logistics problem would see wrong orders rather than no chickne for several days.

Is the problem solely in the logistic? That would require a huge fuckup.

Or is there something wrong with the chicken itself - dodgy usebys, fraudulent country of origin?

This problem is unprecedented. I cannot think of any thing like this.

New CEO started end of last year. A woman. I blame sex equality.

Driver on the radio last night saying that they had switched to DHL but DHL hadn't finished the new hub - described it as a building site with lorries backed up all over the place. Was taking a day to unload rather than an hour, and then the same problem with dispatching to individual stores.

Does sound like a total DHL fuck up.

2 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Driver on the radio last night saying that they had switched to DHL but DHL hadn't finished the new hub - described it as a building site with lorries backed up all over the place. Was taking a day to unload rather than an hour, and then the same problem with dispatching to individual stores.

Does sound like a total DHL fuck up.

Theres got to be more than one hub.

Youd expect regional ones all over the country.

Equally, youd expect KFC to have been on the case earlier rather than it letting it all go to shit.

8 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Theres got to be more than one hub.

Youd expect regional ones all over the country.

Equally, youd expect KFC to have been on the case earlier rather than it letting it all go to shit.

I think it is just the one in Rugby.

Of course they could have tried to get the previous logistics partner to pick up the pieces - except they were probably all to busy pissing themselves over the cock up.

2 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

I think it is just the one in Rugby.

Of course they could have tried to get the previous logistics partner to pick up the pieces - except they were probably all to busy pissing themselves over the cock up.

Was that the plan for a more efficient, cheaper logistics network - using one hub.

Wow.

You cant buy smarts like that.

On 2/19/2018 at 12:49, spygirl said:

DHL laser like focus on their new contract.

Just be thankful that Hermes didnt win the contract. Everyone would have raw chicken left in their dustbins and hedges....

Hermes deliveries here seem to take weeks, the local courier just can't be arsed to come this way very often.  Suspect they pay their drivers too little.

1 hour ago, mattydread said:

I bet those muzzer chicken joints that infest uk high streets have got shit loads of rancid chicken to bang out to kuffur

Krunchy Fried Cat

People have been phoning Tower Hamlets police to complain.

One radio voxpop said 'It is devastating. I have mobility problems so need to keep visiting my KFC in order to eat.'

I think this may finally have thrown a light on peak stupidity.

@The Idiocrat - looks like you were right!

I think there is more to this than logistics problems

i think there is a problem with the chicken itself or the supplier of the chicken 

But they don't want to say because it will destroy their business. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2999689/The-35-day-life-KFC-chicken-shed-34-000-birds-Documentary-reveals-conditions-23-million-birds-fast-food-chain-uses-year-kept-in.html

Russel Hume

Fairfax Meadow

2 sisters chicken 

All a bit coincidental isnt it? 

Edited by WorkingPoor

17 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

People have been phoning Tower Hamlets police to complain.

One radio voxpop said 'It is devastating. I have mobility problems so need to keep visiting my KFC in order to eat.'

I think this may finally have thrown a light on peak stupidity.

@The Idiocrat - looks like you were right!

:D Good grief. They had a fat schoolgirl on the news yesterday evening saying how much she missed her KFC.

I'd like to think I was right and we're at peak stupidity. But, like I got peak house prices completely and utterly wrong, it could well be that peak stuidity is some years away, and we just can't envisage how utterly, utterly stupid things can get. As usual, the film Idiocracy could be particularly prescient:

full-release.jpg

23 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

I think there is more to this than logistics problems

i think there is a problem with the chicken itself or the supplier of the chicken 

But they don't want to say because it will destroy their business. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2999689/The-35-day-life-KFC-chicken-shed-34-000-birds-Documentary-reveals-conditions-23-million-birds-fast-food-chain-uses-year-kept-in.html

Russel Hume

Fairfax Meadow

2 sisters chicken 

All a bit coincidental isnt it? 

I think KFC deals with farmers directly.

2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

I think the driver on LBC last night was suggesting they come in already processed from Europe.

I like the tin foil hat version but it would be too much of a coincidence given the timing of the change of logistics provider.

10 minutes ago, spygirl said:

HN51 bird flu outbreak at one or more of their farms and being covered up is my guess.

They need 34 days to grow a chicken to shop ready and they probably stagger the batches so maybe one batch was unfit so need to buy 10 days or so till next batch is ready for slaughter? 

lets see how long this goes on for 

This is their set up:

Edited by WorkingPoor

5 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

HN51 bird flu outbreak at one or more of their farms and being covered up is my guess.

They need 34 days to grow a chicken to shop ready and they probably stagger the batches so maybe one batch was unfit so need to buy 10 days or so till next batch is ready for slaughter? 

But DHL has been blamed. Would a third party be happy to take the rap and be made to look incompetent. Reputation damaged etc

5 hours ago, mattydread said:

I bet those muzzer chicken joints that infest uk high streets have got shit loads of rancid chicken to bang out to kuffur

All with the secret sauce added no doubt....:Sick1:

21 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

This is their set up:

I'm moving closer and closer to becoming a vegetarian.

37 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

But DHL has been blamed. Would a third party be happy to take the rap and be made to look incompetent. Reputation damaged etc

No, this is all down to some high-flying management tosser with a spreadsheet convincing KFC management they can get a cheaper distribution outfit and thus squeeze more profit out.

DHL do the same thing for other outfits like Iceland and they probably have an equally talented tosser who put a bid together and promised KFC the earth.

Unfortunately the UK’s university system has over-produced talentless tossers with MBAs and the country is awash with people who think being able to use Primavera is the key to success and a fortune.

https://www.oracle.com/uk/applications/primavera/products/project-management.html

im08t0-primavera-p6-prof-1-1729628.jpg

Edited by Chewing Grass
freddy fat fingers