• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spunko

Dark Web Paedo

(NSFW maybe)

_100090055__99943740_falder.jpg

The story itself is atrocious, but a few take away points I've noticed:

Paedophile Matthew Falder has been sentenced to 32 years in jail after admitting 137 charges including rape and blackmail.

Sentencing at Birmingham Crown Court, Judge Philip Parker QC said Falder's crimes began with voyeurism as a student, but escalated.

Falder's offences against 46 victims include blackmail, voyeurism and encouraging the rape of a child.

Some of his victims, who were teenagers at the time, were visibly upset.

The Cambridge graduate will spend a further six years on licence after his release from prison.

1. GCHQ have admitted via proxy they were involved in tracking this guy, who used Tor/proxies and Russian email addresses etc. No mention on how they found him - the NCA clearly couldn't - but deeply worrying if Tor is compromised by GCHQ as already mooted for years now.

2. His long-term girlfriend is sticking by him  - WTF. For 32 (well, 16) years? Is this the "Battered Wife Syndrome" that Dianne Carrot is referring to? :ph34r:

3. No mention of him being autistic that I can find - this has to be the first time in recent memory that an Autist defence hasn't been rolled out for someone of his, erm, appearance. If he isn't "on the scale" then my name's Diane Carrot!

NSFW/more details if interested: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/feb/19/dark-web-paedophile-matthew-falder-jailed-for-32-years

6 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

(NSFW maybe)

_100090055__99943740_falder.jpg

The story itself is atrocious, but a few take away points I've noticed:

1. GCHQ have admitted via proxy they were involved in tracking this guy, who used Tor/proxies and Russian email addresses etc. No mention on how they found him - the NCA clearly couldn't - but deeply worrying if Tor is compromised by GCHQ as already mooted for years now.

2. His long-term girlfriend is sticking by him  - WTF. For 32 years? Is this the "Battered Wife Syndrome" that Dianne Carrot is referring to? :ph34r:

3. No mention of him being autistic that I can find - this has to be the first time in recent memory that an Autist defence hasn't been rolled out for someone of his, erm, appearance. If he isn't "on the scale" then my name's Diane Carrot!

NSFW/more details if interested: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/feb/19/dark-web-paedophile-matthew-falder-jailed-for-32-years

Fucked if I can get my head around that sort of mentality more than anything else.

She must be damaged goods herself.

7 minutes ago, JackieO said:

Hey?

Every time someone of "above average intelligence" is involved in a computer crime, the autism defence gets rolled out to try to lighten the sentence or stop them being extradited.

I`m sure they said on the news that  he was a doctor 

As for tor i don`t believe anything is not compromised  ...man make it man will break it 

I seen how much ducting went into the round building there was floor after floor needing massive amounts of ventilation 

Edited by Long time lurking

1 hour ago, spunko2010 said:

Every time someone middleclass of "above average intelligence" is involved in a computer crime, the autism defence gets rolled out to try to lighten the sentence or stop them being extradited.

1 hour ago, Hopeful said:

This guy seems to be a sociopath

Yep, he set out to manipulate and to hurt.  I'm not an expert on this by any means, but I think it can be difficult to distinguish between the behaviour of an autist and a sociopath.  

When Hans Asperger started investigating he originally used the term 'autistic psychopathy' and he was an expert.  The terminology's changed over time as it's become better understood, but it's no surprise that the uninitiated can't tell the difference.

I think an old boss of mine was likely High Functioning Autistic, but at times I wondered if it was Sociopathy.  It wasn't possible for me to work it out.

This is the best explanation I could find: http://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=180726&start=45

It's not really hard to establish that autistic people are not borderline sociopaths, due to generally lacking many of the definitive traits that sociopaths have. This does not mean that some autistic people are not borderline sociopaths or diagnosable with anti-social personality disorder, but this is most likely far from a majority. 

One thing that has been brought up has been supported with research - that autistic people tend to have normal affective empathy and lack in cognitive empathy. ASPD tends to lack in affective empathy but have normal cognitive empathy - this is one reason they are good at manipulation. Someone with ASPD also tends to lack a conscience, a sense of regret, and other things that tend to complicate treating people as complete tools all the time. These are not traits that are typically associated with autistic people. 

Any particular person is not a representative population. If you find that you have sociopathic traits, that does not mean that a) all or most autistic people have sociopathic traits, b) that autistic people who say they don't have those traits are lying, and c) that going to extremes to reject such a negative label as "sociopath" is a conscious attempt to manipulate and lie, nor is it climbing on a "moral high horse."

Edited by Napoleon Dynamite

9 minutes ago, Napoleon Dynamite said:

Yep, he set out to manipulate and to hurt.  I'm not an expert on this by any means, but I think it can be difficult to distinguish between the behaviour of an autist and a sociopath.  

When Hans Asperger started investigating he originally used the term 'autistic psychopathy' and he was an expert.  The terminology's changed over time as it's become better understood, but it's no surprise that the uninitiated can't tell the difference.

I think an old boss of mine was likely High Functioning Autistic, but at times I wondered if it was Sociopathy.  It wasn't possible for me to work it out.

This is the best explanation I could find: http://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=180726&start=45

I am guessing that if a person has never been involved with a sociopath they might mistake autistic traits.

Once you have met a sociopath and experienced them however, I think the distinction is likely to be evidently, clear. As your quoted text says:

ASPD tends to lack in affective empathy but have normal cognitive empathy - this is one reason they are good at manipulation. Someone with ASPD also tends to lack a conscience, a sense of regret, and other things that tend to complicate treating people as complete tools all the time.

My experience of a sociopath is that they will have planned several steps ahead, will play people against each other, will have limitless energy to pursue, and be only concerned with self.

Edited by Hopeful

51 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

As for tor i don`t believe anything is not compromised  ...man make it man will break it 

Absolutely.

When the 2014 programme for the annual BlackHat conference was announced, it included a talk by a team of researchers from CERT, a Carnegie Mellon University research institute, claiming to have found a means to compromise Tor. But the talk was cancelled and, unusually, the researchers did not give advance notice of the vulnerability to the Tor Project in order for them to examine and fix it where necessary.

This decision was particularly strange given that CERT is worldwide coordinator for ensuring software vendors are notified of vulnerabilities in their products so they can fix them before criminals can exploit them. However, the CERT researchers gave enough hints that Tor developers were able to investigate what had happened. When they examined the network they found someone was indeed attacking Tor users using a technique that matched CERT's description.

Shortly after this IIRC, Silk Road 2 and a whole load of other darknet drug and fraud sites were simultaneously busted by the FBI. Although the vulnerability has allegedly been fixed since, you have to question whether it's been fixed, or "fixed". If you make the not unreasonable assumption that the FBI nobbled someone at CERT to facilitate the original bust, then it's pretty well inconceivable that they would not have used the same levers to ensure that a door was left open for them in the future.

IMO it is sensible is to assume that Tor is compromised.

41 minutes ago, Napoleon Dynamite said:

I think the distinction is that an Aspie may lack certain emotional empathy but not have the motivation or desire to USE that, to manipulate for 'immoral' goals.  Aspie's by and large aren't really interested that. They may be interested in 'systems' (e.g. hacking a computer system) but not for the goal of getting someone to do all sorts of pervy shit.  It's just not on the radar.  Actually Aspie's do have a degree of empathy and (remember it's a spectrum!) some Aspie's actually can have tremendous empathy and feeling - just the neurology mechanism tends to shut that down as the emotional/empathy can become overpowering to the extent that a person cannot function, like a sort of shutdown.  Think of the Vulcan's in star trek - they control their emotions because paradoxically the feel so much and control it to prevent not being able to function.

A sociopath on the other hand may have some of the characteristics of lack of empathy but will use that and act on it to control, dominate others, do pervy shit.

Having worked for a boss who quite clearly displayed a lot of sociopathic behaviorial traits (and saw her actions on different people and across departments (yup, it was in academia!) ) I think they are two distinct entities.

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

middleclass

His family are described as "very wealthy", from Cheshire, and he's a University lecturer so he's probably some sort of toff.

There seems to be a lot of depressing news today. The abused baby with the amputated legs, this, Barry Bennell etc. Grim for a monday.

2 hours ago, Hopeful said:

I am guessing that if a person has never been involved with a sociopath they might mistake autistic traits.

Once you have met a sociopath and experienced them however, I think the distinction is likely to be evidently, clear.

Yep.  I don't think I've ever met one, well not one that I recognised anyway.

Reading the dating thread I'm amazed at how many have been involved with Cluster B and NPD/BPD women too.  That shrink4men site is eye opening.

I must (luckily) live a sheltered life.

I reckon half the people on the dark net are law enforcement looking for the other half. I was a conference a few months ago where a cybercrime copper went into the "chatrooms" on the dark net posing as a 13 year old girl, within 30 seconds he had been propositioned  (probably by the FBI or NCA) but it's horrific to imagine how may of these perverts there are out there.

2 hours ago, ccc said:

He sounds like an ideal candidate for Parliament.

Or Oxfam.

16 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

32 years is not enough for this scumbag. Mind you, it's much closer to being enough than any the Rotherham gang got.

Im not sure.

Ive not seen a detailed breakdown of what he did. Some of the stuff reads like internet prank calls.

11 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

I reckon half the people on the dark net are law enforcement looking for the other half. I was a conference a few months ago where a cybercrime copper went into the "chatrooms" on the dark net posing as a 13 year old girl, within 30 seconds he had been propositioned  (probably by the FBI or NCA) but it's horrific to imagine how may of these perverts there are out there.

Ive always assumed that interweb chat is blokes talking to blokes pretending to be teenage girls.

Pre-interweb a friends mum used to do wanklines. Id go round to pick him up for a drink and his 55yo 20 stone would be pretending to be a busty 20yo.