• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

A third of UK adults 'underestimate calorie intake

The recommended daily calorie allowance is 2,500 for men and 2,000 for women.

it seems like it was only last month, that we were told men & women should only eat 1,600 cal a day.

I don't think it is unrelated, either teach everyone how to calorie count correctly, our just set a fake target to compensate for their fake calorie counting.

Edited by snagger

2 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

'kin ell - a thousand calorie a day difference in estimates according to that article. Any wonder there's so many fat fuckers.

1000 calories is two extra main meals a day.

Hardly the odd extra biccy.

3 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

I haven't got a clue what my calorie intake is. How many people do and does it help them stay thin? 

Mate of mine has lost something like 7lbs in a month by ensuring that he's only eating 1500 calories a day. He didn't have that much to lose, was just developing a belly, but taking the care to measure exactly what he's eating has worked very well for him.

25 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Mate of mine has lost something like 7lbs in a month by ensuring that he's only eating 1500 calories a day. He didn't have that much to lose, was just developing a belly, but taking the care to measure exactly what he's eating has worked very well for him.

Fair enough if it works for him. I'm just too lazy/thick to make it happen, probably why I'm 2 stone overweight.