• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

1 minute ago, DeepLurker said:

Can I just take this opportunity to remind DOSBODers to not antagonise Fubra. They made a decision for financial reasons; that's fine, they pay for the HPC forum.

+ 1

I like this new forum, but I am grateful to FUBRA for providing HPC for us for several years completely free. It's their forum so they're free to impose whatever rules they want, even if we don't agree with all of them.

1 hour ago, JoeDavola said:

+ 1

I like this new forum, but I am grateful to FUBRA for providing HPC for us for several years completely free. It's their forum so they're free to impose whatever rules they want, even if we don't agree with all of them.

Just remember that if you are not paying for the product, you ARE the product.

1 hour ago, DeepLurker said:

Can I just take this opportunity to remind DOSBODers to not antagonise Fubra. They made a decision for financial reasons; that's fine, they pay for the HPC forum.

I feel a little sorry for them. There were some comments that weren't remotely suitable for a commercial site in the current environment. Now the election thread has garnered just two comments all day. Kinda sad for what was recently a thriving site.

As one of the first posters on this site that fateful evening, I will repeat my then sentiments, which are that, at its heart, this website is a last bastion of free speech, away from the commercial pressures leading to the censorship witnessed lately on YouTube, Facebook and HPC.

45 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I feel a little sorry for them. There were some comments that weren't remotely suitable for a commercial site in the current environment. Now the election thread has garnered just two comments all day. Kinda sad for what was recently a thriving site.

Nah, it just went on topic.

1 hour ago, DeepLurker said:

I can see your argument.

However I honestly think islamification is the biggest threat facing the West. Too many media sources have been ignoring the issue or saying that it's not a problem...

Barely visited it since Dosbods was born. Only ever read OT and seen as i recently bought a pwopadee i have no reason to go back.

I wish it no ill though. Kept me entertained for at least a decade.

Here's to a decade and longer of Dosbods. :-)

Loved the old place, out taught me a lot. Still have a noise round the main forum. The quality of some of the posters was top drawer and they really knew their shit. 

Posting on here now mainly because I can say shit without stars.

1 minute ago, Shaneyson said:

Loved the old place, out taught me a lot. Still have a noise round the main forum. The quality of some of the posters was top drawer and they really knew their shit. 

Posting on here now mainly because I can say shit without stars.

Agreed. And I think I will have a foot in both camps for some time to come. Just a shame that I am moderated over there.

2 hours ago, Cunning Plan said:

Just remember that if you are not paying for the product, you ARE the product.

I really don't have a problem with that- I believe in capitalism, I buy stuff sometimes, why would I object to seeing adverts for stuff I might be interested in?

I'll keep reading HPC and posting there if I have something to contribute. I do hope HR makes it over here!

In the longer term I do wonder if this forum- as great as it is- has a future, seeing as pretty much everyone that I've seen posting here has come here from HPC. People do come and go from forums for whatever reason, I've lost my login details for one I spent over 10 years on, made 10,000+ posts, and made a number of friends through, and haven't yet bothered to try and get back in. Without new members this place will eventually, over a period of years, dwindle away. Not a pressing problem at the moment to be sure, but worth thinking about.

13 minutes ago, Rave said:

I really don't have a problem with that- I believe in capitalism, I buy stuff sometimes, why would I object to seeing adverts for stuff I might be interested in?

I'll keep reading HPC and posting there if I have something to contribute. I do hope HR makes it over here!

In the longer term I do wonder if this forum- as great as it is- has a future, seeing as pretty much everyone that I've seen posting here has come here from HPC. People do come and go from forums for whatever reason, I've lost my login details for one I spent over 10 years on, made 10,000+ posts, and made a number of friends through, and haven't yet bothered to try and get back in. Without new members this place will eventually, over a period of years, dwindle away. Not a pressing problem at the moment to be sure, but worth thinking about.

That's a tad negative. Think of this place as being a bunch of friends talking about stuff. That is all.

7 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

That's a tad negative. Think of this place as being a bunch of friends talking about stuff. That is all.

Negativity wasn't my intention, sorry if it came across that way. It's just my experience of 15 years of forum use is that people come and go. It seems inevitable to me that some of the members of this forum will drift away. If there's absolutely no new people coming in, then the forum will become less busy, and hence less vibrant and interesting over time.

Is there a thread or place to discuss people who've gone AWOL from HPC and who we'd like to see over here? I can think of a few.

And...is there a list of people who aren't welcome here? It's all very well saying that this is a great place for free speech, but if we're not welcoming people with whom we might disagree...

1 minute ago, XswampyX said:

And? :Beer:

I was being ironical. I think the thirty-four* other vaguely anti-islamic threads might get them first.

*Top of my head number - other numbers are available.