• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
SNACR

This is fucking amazing anyone else tried it?

7 minutes ago, SNACR said:

Don't worry, it's not a coked up strangle-wank, or anything like that, but this chocolate, bloody hell waaay better than I was expecting.

26980.jpg

That’s exactly what I was expecting. xD

im not seeing anything but a white space.  

I watched a doc a few years ago where they went to some chocolate factory in some Central/South American country and when they tasted the chocolate the presenter  and film crew almost orgasmed on the spot. Not only that but simply looking at the chocolate it just looked fabulous - unlike anything I have seen here for sale in Europe. Deep, deep black and a consistency that implied strength in the chocolate. If that makes any sense.

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

Showing now snaccy.  Where did you buy it?  

It’s on offer at the moment in Waitrose, they’ve got a load of different sorts at the front of the store at the Keynsham one so probably in the same place in all of them.

Edited by SNACR

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Showing now snaccy.  Where did you buy it?  

You can get online and in Waitrose. I've not tried it yet but if I've got to panic buy for snowmaggedon I might treat myself to some. 

Ta both. I will seek it out. 

1 minute ago, SNACR said:

It’s on offer at the moment in Waitrose, they’ve got a load of different sorts at the front of the store at the Keynsham one so probably in the same place in all of them.

1 minute ago, Dipsy said:

You can get online and in Waitrose. I've not tried it yet but if I've got to panic buy for snowmaggedon I might treat myself to some. 

12 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I watched a doc a few years ago where they went to some chocolate factory in some Central/South American country and when they tasted the chocolate the presenter  and film crew almost orgasmed on the spot. Not only that but simply looking at the chocolate it just looked fabulous - unlike anything I have seen here for sale in Europe. Deep, deep black and a consistency that implied strength in the chocolate. If that makes any sense.

According to the blurb, on their website, with this one it’s something to do with roasting for longer at a low temperature, I guess it’s the chocolate equivalent of a nice joint of slow-cooked meat.

https://www.ombar.co.uk/collections/all

What I quite like about it, is the sugar content is low-ish and it’s not refined sugar and it is so rich in flavour that you possibly be less likely to gorge on it compared to something like a Toblerone.

Edited by SNACR

On 19/02/2018 at 22:32, SNACR said:

According to the blurb, on their website, with this one it’s something to do with roasting for longer at a low temperature, I guess it’s the chocolate equivalent of a nice joint of slow-cooked meat.

What I quite like about it, is the sugar content is low-ish and it’s not refined sugar and it is so rich in flavour that you possibly be less likely to gorge on it compared to something like a Toblerone.

Just to update, this hypothesis, earlier in the thread, has turned out to be bollocks.

The rate I'm going through bars, a trip to the factory to see the oompah lumpahs making it, has got to be a lock in, by the weekend.

Edited by SNACR

On 2/19/2018 at 22:26, SNACR said:

You mean the old coop Waitrose on the by pass? If so I will have a look. Didn't realise you so close by.

On 2/19/2018 at 22:32, SNACR said:

Was it on ToS that people were discussing a "sugar reset"? I can't remember where I read about it, it was on a forum somewhere a few years ago. I ended up trying it - basically avoiding ALL overly sugary foods for a week or two - and then things without much sugar in, like this dark chocolate bar, tasted infinitely better.

A very easy way to reduce sugar intake is to not buy cereals.

2 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

Was it on ToS that people were discussing a "sugar reset"? I can't remember where I read about it, it was on a forum somewhere a few years ago. I ended up trying it - basically avoiding ALL overly sugary foods for a week or two - and then things without much sugar in, like this dark chocolate bar, tasted infinitely better.

A very easy way to reduce sugar intake is to not buy cereals.

Best way is to stop having sugar in hot drinks etc. Once you cut down you start to notice how sweet somethings are in reality.

I even noticed that the bread in fast food places like McD has sugar in it.

Other stuff like pre-made chiller cabinet deserts are so sickly as to be bordering on unpleasant.