• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

Upskirting

Never heard of it.

If there are circa 20 cases a year and they can be charged already under some other umbrella laws, it seems thoroughly redundant to draft new laws. In fact of those 20 cases, i'll bet at least half are teenagers larking about who just need the fear of god put into them by the police and their phone taken away for six months.

18 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43112450
As there is no law specifically naming and banning the practice, victims and police are presently only able to pursue offences of voyeurism or indecency.

In Scotland upskirting has been an offence since 2010 when it was listed under the definition of voyeurism.

I think Scotland should also outlaw upkilting. I demand equality.

1 hour ago, Hail the Tripod said:

In fact of those 20 cases, i'll bet at least half are teenagers larking about...

The stereotype of Dirty Old Man is alive and kicking here.

Our McDonalds famously has Perv's Corner. 

The four tables alongside the toilets offer a viewing platform for stair gazers. The old blokes fiddling with their phones whilst furtively filming don't even try to hide it.

Likewise the escalators in M&S.

I don't think it's teenagers at all.

Not around here anyway.

MP Maria Miller, who chairs the women and equalities select committee, said more must be done to stop the "horrific crime" of upskirting.

I was taken aback at the use of the word "horrific".  It's not nice of course and most likely very irritating and maybe sickening but horrific seems a bit of an exaggeration and horrific for that doesn't leave much room to describe sex attacks like rape.  Of course there's always an exception to the rule.

I expect police resources will be further stretched now with even more staff shortages.

10 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

Never heard of it...but then I've never witnessed builders wolf-whistling either.

Perhaps I'm in a different planetary system to the Law makers.

It used to be "horrific".

Edited by twocents

What's there going to be to see, when they review the footage?

Mostly granny knickers with 1 in a 100 showing a bit of camel toe and 1 in 1000 Sharon Stone Basic Instinct, if they're really lucky.

1 hour ago, Chewing Grass said:

Non issue really, up north most women wear trousers these days and a good many would probably deck any sad fucker who tries it.

The size of the average northern UK woman's thighs would surely make everything else invisible even if she was wearing a skirt - the picture would be just an amorphous mass of dimpled flesh.....

Edited by swissy_fit

7 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

The size of the average northern UK woman's thighs would surely make everything else invisible even if she was wearing a skirt - the picture would be just an amorphous mass of dimpled flesh.....

:D

'Up-thighing'

"Check out the knees and cankles on that!"

Edited by JoeDavola