• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Poacher turned gamekeeper or just another trougher

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5414951/New-financial-watchdog-tax-avoider.html

The man appointed to police Britain’s financial system yesterday admitted using a notorious scheme that helped cut tax bills.

Charles Randell was given the job despite admitting in his Treasury interview that he had been made to pay back £114,000 to the taxman, plus interest.

Anyone who doesn't take advantage of the many legitimate ways of not paying tax doesn't have enough interest in the taxation system to get that job.

I don't know that scheme but the fact that it had to go to court means that it would at the least have appeared to investors as a legitimate tax avoidance vehicle.

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

Anyone who doesn't take advantage of the many legitimate ways of not paying tax doesn't have enough interest in the taxation system to get that job.

I don't know that scheme but the fact that it had to go to court means that it would at the least have appeared to investors as a legitimate tax avoidance vehicle.

Nope.

Anyone with any sense would have run a mile from film tax scams. They just didnt smell right.

Expensive lawyers and accountants who work in tax always make their money by exploiting the system as far as they can push.  There is no other way for them to behave (because if they didn't, the customer would pick someone who did).  Their entire and only source of wealth is the continued complexity of the tax system.

This guy has form, but it's hardly surprising.  Anyone they'd pick would have sailed close to the wind on at least a few occasions.

And these people are hardly going to champion making things more simple.  But they're the only ones in the running.  Looks like we'll have more of the same.

Edited by dgul

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Dave Bloke
      The French are going to start taxing ex-pats as if they still lived in France. So many French people have fucked off abroad with their pensions that it has blown a hole in the French government's finances. The French government is currently introducing legislation that would tax all French income at source at French rates, rather than the rate you might pay in your country of residence - this will hit pensioners who've escaped to Lisbon, Morocco or even Brussels (yes really, Brussels) hard.
    • By Frank Hovis
      Here are the charts for 15/16, 16/17 and 17/18 forecast and I think we're seeing here what we're picking up upon generally:
      VAT - people buying things - goes up steadily: 133, 138, 143 - increasing population buying increasing amounts of tat NI - people having jobs no matter how low paid - goes up steadily - 115, 126, 130 - increasing population albeit in monkey jobs Income Tax - people earning over £12k a year - is actually projected to fall - 170, 182, 175 - increasing population but less tax = less good jobs So more people buying things, more people in work, but the wages over £12k pa are actually reducing.

For the second time today I will say it: Atlas Shrugged.

• By Mirror Mirror
      Italy mulls tax breaks to lure retirees to its Southern regions. This piqued my interest, not sure why.
      At least Five Star have realised that African migrants areen’t the problem to the depopulation problems.
      My other thought was, I wonder who else might have moved into your chosen region recently.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/08/24/italy-mulls-massive-tax-break-lure-retirees-including-britons/?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1535108411