• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Twitter sinister censorship - #twitterlockout

I have not looked into it in detail but overnight Twitter appears to have done something to over 1,000 Twitter accounts - all people who consider themselves conservative or right of centre.

Well known twitter folks and ordinary twitter folks are complaining that they were locked out of their accounts. Many people complaining that on getting back in that they have lost thousands and even tens of thousands of followers.

#twitterlockout

This is very sinister.

I can't help but wonder whether there is now some group policy account or similar up in Twitter HQ where anyone who posts anything that Twitter does not agree with has their account added to? Hence, at a mere click, it would be easy to not just shut them all out of Twitter en masse but to actually shut down all conservative thoughts, speech, etc, - and a major ability for such folk to communicate with each other - in some kind of emergency situation. I am going to use the word coup here.

Considering that you can go on social media and see the most horrific islamic videos and posts - stuff about how to FGM, how to beat your wife, how you are allowed to rape non-muslim women if you have a 'sexual emergency' and your wives are not close at hand, etc, but that those who question and challenge such things are censored I find the apparent policies of the likes of twitter, youtube, etc, to be more and more alarming with each that passes.

Don't forget, twitter employees were videoed talking openly about #shadowbanning, and who they targeted for #shadowbanning, recently. You can only imagine what else is going on that we don't know about?

9 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

This surely creates space for an alternative.  Let Twitter sideline itself into a Guardian reader chat room.

I would boycott it had I ever joined.

Too many organisations now think that putting something on Twitter means that everyone will know about it.

My sons' school for one. It wasn't until I finally got an account (which I still don't know how to check and can't really use) that I discovered how much info I had been missing out on.

Pisses me off.

5 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Too many organisations now think that putting something on Twitter means that everyone will know about it.

My sons' school for one. It wasn't until I finally got an account (which I still don't know how to check and can't really use) that I discovered how much info I had been missing out on.

Pisses me off.

The people who think Twitter is broadcasting to the world are brought up short when they actually crash up against real people.

I was in a Board meeting a year or two ago and before it started in the small talk period the woman from governance asked the Chair how the garden party was.  There was a polite enquiry from the rest of the room as to what garden party this was.  It turned out that it was at Buck House to collect an award; and had been pre and post publicised on the company's twitter account.  The room as one said that they weren't on twitter; so the announcements and pictures had probably only been read by the Chair and the comms department that put them up there.

Just because something is new doesn't mean it's of worth.  And if anyone wants to buy an Amstrad phone that does emails then contact Sid James.

Twitter's share price has done remarkably well since the summer - supposedly on incresing user base.

I find it odd that this has happened - obviously the Wall Street boys only cre about the headline numbers - if Twitter is censoring or removing a large portion of its users. Where is the increase coming from? Just loads more fake bot accounts? Or is the increase in users from Yemen or Upper Bongo Land filling the gap of users being deleted in places like Europe and the US?

24 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Well apparently twatter is trying to purge Russian bots and it`s this that has lead to the locking of these accounts 

Just now, Long time lurking said:

Twats i have lost a seventh of my followers  i only have six now 

:D