• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Shit school logo

Just now, Ina said:

Great Yarmouth is one of Britain's biggest shitholes.  Agreed the logo is shite.  Some graphic designer was probably paid a few grand for that.

Which he clearly spent on alcohol before doing the job.

(Or from a previous thread, was one of my design interviewees taking the piss)

12 minutes ago, man o' the year said:

No wonder that lion has that look on his face - he has a fish up his bum!

Is it a lion?

I thought it was Worzle Gummage morphing into a mermaids arsehole.

That looks fine to me, clearly has heraldic origins. The worst are the latest fad in graphic design logo ones, shit to start with then age terribly (letters, swooshes, landscapes, that sort of thing)

Edited by Panther

27 minutes ago, Panther said:

That looks fine to me, clearly has heraldic origins. The worst are the latest fad in graphic design logo ones, shit to start with then age terribly (letters, swooshes, landscapes, that sort of thing)

Its not the actual heralrd -w hwcih is fine. Some half lion/half fish thing.

Its the fact that school, in order to create this historic sign, have hired some idot who's just stuck half n half together, not bothering to join up the bodies.

5 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Its the fact that school, in order to create this historic sign, have hired some idot who's just stuck half n half together, not bothering to join up the bodies.

That's how heraldry is, it's stylised not naturalistic.

27 minutes ago, spygirl said:

The lions got half a foot.

I like proper version - half sea.

The school version - unpaid intern with cheap graphics package.

I agree, it takes a certain level of high-end stupidity or disinterest to fuck it up as much as they did for the school logo

Having said that, as the client I'd never have accepted it.

The coat of arms is exactly how I would have done it.

Edited by Hopeful

If the fish and the lion had matched up the school board would have said the designer person copied it from the other one and they wouldn't pay a fee for that.  It had to appear original even if it was just copied.  

Isn't it a bit isty though (species- ist?) and I expect fish lovers would rather the fish was in front or at least side by side.  Maybe the lion should have scales and gills or the fish fur and claws?

Edited by twocents

The Lion-Fish shite is the result of talentless Media/Marketing managers and their in-house, zero-ambition, ‘do what their told’ graphic designers from pack-em-in (high profit) university design degrees.

Edited by OurDayWillCome