• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

Nice problem to have

3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Strippers, coke. 

Repeat til broke.

On CDAN a major A list superstar has done just that, £190m.  I've just bought 6 lucky dips so potentially Dosbods stately home and island.

8 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Say you won £150M on the eurolotto tonight. 
What would you do with it all?

Travel the world until I start falling to bits

2 minutes ago, the gardener said:

Sod that. If I had £150m the world can bloody well come to me.

Do you live in the UK ? if so, It doesn't appear that you need £150m for that

I'd set up a series of charities, each seed funded with about a million or so.  Each charity will have a series of weird and unobtainable goals/targets; I'd get in professional managers, then get people in to sort out how the money would be spent and how they'd get funding, etc -- although I'd be sure to really screw down their T&Cs with hard targets for them to achieve.

My goal in all this will be to try to keep the charities going without any actual intervention.  If they actually make money all the better, but there would be an expectation of them losing it all eventually.

Obviously I'd not spunk it on the charities all at once -- it would be best if I invested the bulk of the money and then as my legacy had the returns from the investment going into yet more nonsense charities.

I've not really thought that much about what the charities would do (as I've not won the £150m).  I'm open to suggestions.  But a couple of ideas:

• Perhaps I'd open a ghost sanctuary.  Get an old farm with lots of outbuildings somewhere and pay for some charlatans to exercise the ghosts from wherever they are, and put them in the sanctuary (the details of how they'd be captured and transferred is what the £1m is for).  I'd go with the marketing line 'A ghost is not just for Christmas-past, a ghost is for life', or something.  I'd fund this one from paid exorcisms, paid visits to the sanctuary, and perhaps extra money for overnight stays.  All with gift aid, of course.
  • Or perhaps a museum of high performance computing, which will have loads of mainframes etc from the past.  And I'll put it in Tregaron, with a focus on high-performance computing in Wales.
  • Or maybe I'd set up 'Guide horses for the blind', where blind people will be led around by horses.  Oh, wait -- someone's done that.

29 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Say you won £150M on the eurolotto tonight. 
What would you do with it all?

Thanks for reminding me, just stuck a fiver on two lucky dips. If I won I would buy an island and pay The Smiths to reform for a one off gig for Dosbosians.

2 minutes ago, dgul said:

I'd set up a series of charities, each seed funded with about a million or so.  Each charity will have a series of weird and unobtainable goals/targets; I'd get in professional managers, then get people in to sort out how the money would be spent and how they'd get funding, etc -- although I'd be sure to really screw down their T&Cs with hard targets for them to achieve.

My goal in all this will be to try to keep the charities going without any actual intervention.  If they actually make money all the better, but there would be an expectation of them losing it all eventually.

Obviously I'd not spunk it on the charities all at once -- it would be best if I invested the bulk of the money and then as my legacy had the returns from the investment going into yet more nonsense charities.

I've not really thought that much about what the charities would do (as I've not won the £150m).  I'm open to suggestions.  But a couple of ideas:

• Perhaps I'd open a ghost sanctuary.  Get an old farm with lots of outbuildings somewhere and pay for some charlatans to exercise the ghosts from wherever they are, and put them in the sanctuary (the details of how they'd be captured and transferred is what the £1m is for).  I'd go with the marketing line 'A ghost is not just for Christmas-past, a ghost is for life', or something.  I'd fund this one from paid exorcisms, paid visits to the sanctuary, and perhaps extra money for overnight stays.  All with gift aid, of course.
  • Or perhaps a museum of high performance computing, which will have loads of mainframes etc from the past.  And I'll put it in Tregaron, with a focus on high-performance computing in Wales.
  • Or maybe I'd set up 'Guide horses for the blind', where blind people will be led around by horses.  Oh, wait -- someone's done that.

Migrant hostels next door to the year’s most vocal celebrity virtue signaller.

4 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Migrant hostels next door to the year’s most vocal celebrity virtue signaller.

Sorry, but they've got to be nonsense and/or pointless charities.

7 minutes ago, dgul said:

Wierd goals.

Or wierd workers?

Hi did you get my text about how nice your boobs are?

7 minutes ago, dgul said:

I do like the idea of setting up some charities or trusts. 
A bee one to help fund land purchases for apiaries for beekeeping groups. 
An allotment one to ensure that legal fees are paid to get rid of thatsillybitch.

Just now, spygirl said:

Wierd goals.

Or wierd workers?

Hi did you get my text about how nice your boobs are?

Both.

The boobs is a good one -- I'd set up a charity explicitly for ex-charity workers made redundant as a result of sex-scandals.

1 minute ago, One percent said:

We need to report back after the draw. Anyone who disappears must be the winner and spunko needs to track them down. 

Mr Pin??