• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Damian Green can fuck off

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5431067/All-40s-pay-old-age-tax-says-Damian-Green.html

Radical plans to make millions of workers aged 40 and over pay hundreds of pounds extra in tax every year to fund the growing number of people who will live to 100 have been put forward by ex-Deputy Prime Minister Damian Green.

I can’t even be bothered as to what they needs to do to save money before coming at thos that they already tax. 

It will be when they introduce this, that I pack it all in 

What a git! And those under 40 will likely have an even longer life (110 maybe). Why not tax them too? Sorry spunko & JoeD!

Can they not think of any other solutions but to tax us? How about another 'bonfire of the quangos' or cut the fleet of ministerial Jags? Shelving 'Help To Buy' would be a good start, as would reducing some of those tax credits and bennies.

Agreed.  The introduction of that or the restriction on tax relief for pension contributions will see me typing my notice.

They should stop looking for more ways to squeeze even more money out of the minority of net tax contributors and start doing something about reducing the spend on net recipients.

Welfare reform was a good start but now it's time for tax credits and stopping those immigrants who are a net cost.

There's no point pretending to link specific new taxes to specific areas of spend while running a huge budget deficit.

His new tax won't even cover the interest on the debt.

So he can fuck off.

Edited by SpectrumFX

Sky have been twisting it on their news as simply a tax for the over 40s to support OAPs.

I agree with the previous posters, why not remove the imported waste from the system who never intend to contribute anything to the UK.

As someone over 40 trying to fill a huge hole created by previous governments in my pension arrangements the last thing I need is more tax or less relief on what I am desperately paying in.

Where is my broom handle, Damien needs some of it up his #%$* #@~*

Edited by Chewing Grass
speeling

From 2014 estimates by Smith and Williamson of who is a net contributor.

To be a net contributor household gross income needs to be greater than £35k.

Right; I think we have just set the bar for immigration applicants.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/tax/10638283/How-much-we-give-the-state-in-tax-and-how-much-we-get-back.html

2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/tax/10638283/How-much-we-give-the-state-in-tax-and-how-much-we-get-back.html

It has got to be significantly above the break even.  More people means more pressure on infrastructure and a worse quality of life for all. 

Thus, to make it worthwhile and for the greater good, anybody coming in needs to make a significant contribution. I would set it at trice the break even figure. 

5 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Thats breaking even.

We need to profit from our guest workers.

Set the bar at 50k.

1 minute ago, ashestoashes said:

if you've got dementia living to 100 should be optional, think it will be in the future

Also, afaik, dementia tends to be hereditary. So, if they are going to do this, there has never been an incident of dementia in my family. The heart attacks get us first. So, I don’t see why I should contribute, it isn’t going to affect me. 

1 minute ago, One percent said:

It has got to be significantly above the break even.  More people means more pressure on infrastructure and a worse quality of life for all. 

Thus, to make it worthwhile and for the greater good, anybody coming in needs to make a significant contribution. I would set it at trice the break even figure. 

I wouldn't have any immigration personally because as I have said elsewhere it's at very best a quick fix that only adds to long term problems.

The figure is very telling of just how all pervasive the state has become because I would regard a household income of £30k as comfortably off whereas the reality is that the household is actually a net cost.

2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I wouldn't have any immigration personally because as I have said elsewhere it's at very best a quick fix that only adds to long term problems.

The figure is very telling of just how all pervasive the state has become because I would regard a household income of £30k as comfortably off whereas the reality is that the household is actually a net cost.

Average earnings ~£27k, aren''t they?

Edited by Hopeful

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Also, afaik, dementia tends to be hereditary. So, if they are going to do this, there has never been an incident of dementia in my family. The heart attacks get us first. So, I don’t see why I should contribute, it isn’t going to affect me. 

I assume it's not intended to be  restricted to dementia but who knows.  Anyway it's just a political has been trying to pass off an aspect of the taxation system in other countries as his own grand idea in order to get in the papers.

Just now, Hopeful said:

Average earnings ~£27k, arent't ther?

That's the thing, most people are net takers despite working hard at a full time job. There's something very wrong with that.

3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Set the bar at 70k and you won’t have any...  it is the third world dossers in the main flooding in for the free money. 

Just now, Frank Hovis said:

I assume it's not intended to be  restricted to dementia but who knows.  Anyway it's just a political has been trying to pass off an aspect of the taxation system in other countries as his own grand idea in order to get in the papers.

He's just missing the limelight, it's all about DAMIEN GREENE

Hello, I'm over here

1 hour ago, UmBongo said:

What a git! And those under 40 will likely have an even longer life (110 maybe). Why not tax them too? Sorry spunko & JoeD!

Can they not think of any other solutions but to tax us? How about another 'bonfire of the quangos' or cut the fleet of ministerial Jags? Shelving 'Help To Buy' would be a good start, as would reducing some of those tax credits and bennies.

I can't see myself living to 110. Hope if I do my siblings or friends do too :ph34r:

1 hour ago, One percent said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5431067/All-40s-pay-old-age-tax-says-Damian-Green.html

Radical plans to make millions of workers aged 40 and over pay hundreds of pounds extra in tax every year to fund the growing number of people who will live to 100 have been put forward by ex-Deputy Prime Minister Damian Green.

I can’t even be bothered as to what they needs to do to save money before coming at thos that they already tax. 

It will be when they introduce this, that I pack it all in 

Whats wrong with billing the people who require thare care?

Stop tiptoeing around fucking pensioners.

Either theyve worked and saved fir a pension. Or tgey can fuck off and live 3 to a room, just like the young kids are exoected too.

Stop pissing around and keeping all these dementia patients alive. Whack them.

1 minute ago, spunko2010 said:

I can't see myself living to 110. Hope if I do my siblings or friends do too :ph34r:

You get worn out. Things hurt.

Life becomes boring.

You takes drugs to shit and piss rather than party all night will naked ladies....

No More Games. No More Bombs. No More Walking. No More Fun. No More Swimming. 67. That is 17 years past 50. 17 more than I needed or wanted. Boring. I am always bitchy. No Fun — for anybody. 67. You are getting Greedy. Act your old age. Relax — This won’t hurt.

30-40 years ago the baby boomers voted in a massive range of perks for the aged, which was easy for them as there weren't many.  Now they're the older ones they're demanding that these perks be honoured, even though there are far more of them and fewer actually working people.

It’s a catch 22 for the government, take away all the freebies the pensioners think they are entitled to but generally don’t need and use the savings to pay for elderly care 

And get voted out by the generation that votes 

Hence stupid ideas like this get floated 

24 minutes ago, dgul said:

30-40 years ago the baby boomers voted in a massive range of perks for the aged, which was easy for them as there weren't many.  Now they're the older ones they're demanding that these perks be honoured, even though there are far more of them and fewer actually working people.

Anecdotal but not uncommon. We know someone, ex-council library assistant bought a 3 bed terrace years ago, now 90 plus on a council pension for 30 years, free lunches every day and free transport to that lunch in a council minibus, free stairlift fitted as stairs are difficult , free TV license and bus pass, lots of NHS pills and weekly visits  ... house 'worth' £1,500,000 which her family (who never even visit) will keep / inherit when clogs popped. In the meantime those 30 and 40 year olds in BTL rentals owned by her generation, and those a couple of decades younger, pay the bill. </rant>

15 minutes ago, Malthus said:

It’s a catch 22 for the government, take away all the freebies the pensioners think they are entitled to but generally don’t need and use the savings to pay for elderly care 

And get voted out by the generation that votes 

Hence stupid ideas like this get floated 

Browns benefit doomsday machine.

Best way would be start cutting vast number of public sector workers to pay for Browns largesse.

Gidiot sort of dud tgat with capping pay rises.

Hed have done better to cap ukgov spending and take money out of civil servuce and MPs pension fund.

3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Browns benefit doomsday machine.

Best way would be start cutting vast number of public sector workers to pay for Browns largesse.

Gidiot sort of dud tgat with capping pay rises.

Hed have done better to cap ukgov spending and take money out of civil servuce and MPs pension fund.

No. They need to start with those not working or who are doing the 16 hour a week Bennie shuffle. Not come after those who already pay tax. 

I am beyond apoplectic over this. 

They can just fuck off.