• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
gibbon

Car keyed, any solutions?

Car got keyed the other day while parked on the street. She's old and body work far from perfect but still annoying as hell. Is there anything I can do apart from a new panel which won't be happening seeing as its only a cheap run around. Tried some scratch repair stuff from wilkos for a few quid but that didn't touch the sides. Got some matched paint from halfords for a tenner and painted it in but it's still quite visible for some reason, least up close. Guessing this is the end of the line?

Edited by gibbon

1 minute ago, gibbon said:

Car got keyed the other day while parked on the street. She's old and body work far from perfect but still annoying as hell. Is there anything I can do apart from a new panel which won't be happening seeing as its only a cheap run around. Tried some scratch repair stuff from wilkos for a few quid but that didn't touch the sides. Got some matched paint from halfords for a tenner and painted it in but it's still quite visible for some reason, least up close. Guessing this is the end of the line?

Track them down and kill them. 

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Just strengthens my resolve to get some money up together and get the fuck out the city. Last week I walked out my local supermaket and some drugged up nutter was waving a axe around in broad daylight. Also get to walk past about 10 druggies every day out their heads on spice lying on the floor to add to the ambience. Like most our inner city's turning into a sewer.

Just now, gibbon said:

Just strengthens my resolve to get some money up together and get the fuck out the city. Last week I walked out my local supermaket and some drugged up nutter was waving a axe around in broad daylight. Also get to walk past about 10 druggies every day out their heads on spice lying on the floor to add to the ambience. Like most our inner city's turning into a sewer.

I don't envy you! I have to admit I think society is too soft on the underclass. More consideration should be given to people that just want to get on wih their life's in peace and quiet.

7 minutes ago, gibbon said:

I didn’t realise that you lived in Mogadishu. 

4 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

I don't envy you! I have to admit I think society is too soft on the underclass. More consideration should be given to people that just want to get on wih their life's in peace and quiet.

👍 out of reps. 

I'm in a small village in the Cambrian mountains for the weekend, far away from anywhere much.

Yesterday evening there were a few druggies hassling people outside the shop.

There is no escape.

35 minutes ago, gibbon said:

Maybe T cut over the paint?

I'd also ask: does it matter?  My car is street parked for forty hours a week during daylight hours so it's at risk of this; if it happened I'd be annoyed but I'd do some DIY bodge as you're doing and otherwise just leave it.  It's a machine.

38 minutes ago, gibbon said:

Even if you caught them in the act, there's virtually nothing you can do about it. Bang them out and you're getting charged. Go down the proper route, court etc. and you can look forward to your one pound a month justice that will most likely be paid out of your tax anyway.

59 minutes ago, One percent said:

My friend's car has been done. We think some arseholes on her allotment did it, but can't prove it. She's having nasty notes stuck around the site about her too. :(

6 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

My friend's car has been done. We think some arseholes on her allotment did it, but can't prove it. She's having nasty notes stuck around the site about her too. :(

Are the suspects the same idiots causing all the hassle or do allotment sites have more than their fair share of loons?

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Are the suspects the same idiots causing all the hassle or do allotment sites have more than their fair share of loons?

She thinks the note writer might be the same one who did some nasty notes to other people a few years ago, and that's a different nutter to the shouty bastards who've been making life a misery for her and their committee. 

We have our own nutter here. I believe every site has a nutter and if you think your allotment site doesn't then it's probably you.

We got rid of one nutter who moved to a nearby site. They hate him too now but have struggled to get rid of it.

7 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

She thinks the note writer might be the same one who did some nasty notes to other people a few years ago, and that's a different nutter to the shouty bastards who've been making life a misery for her and their committee. 

We have our own nutter here. I believe every site has a nutter and if you think your allotment site doesn't then it's probably you.

We got rid of one nutter who moved to a nearby site. They hate him too now but have struggled to get rid of it.

And there was me thinking that all that allotment dwellers were after a slice of the good life. 

1 hour ago, gibbon said:

What colour is the car ? 

7 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

You don't make the idea of having an allotment in the NW of the U.K. seem that attractive! How about using a little modern technology to catch the nutters? 

Just now, swissy_fit said:

You don't make the idea of having an allotment in the NW of the U.K. seem that attractive! How about using a little modern technology to catch the nutters? 

She's had enough of being on the committee and is jacking it in in the next few weeks.

Is it into the paint or just the clear coat - sometimes difficult to tell depending on paint colour.

Soapy water trick will tell you how much is through into the paint. Quite like this guy's videos - this one is for clear coat fix.

9 minutes ago, One percent said:

This?

1DD01094-E7CE-4D94-898A-33188A23AAAD.jpeg

Under the Occupiers act we'd be liable.
Some people do joke about digging pits with dirty bamboo spikes in.
The last police person I spose to suggested electrifying the fencing.

15 minutes ago, Malthus said:

What colour is the car ? 

Black

15 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

My one year old car got keyed....I used a grey rubbing down compound and it kinda worked.  It's a very fine abrasive and filled the scratches.

Bastards. Need to stop single mums shitting out unlimited thug spawn. Think the rubbing compound is the same stuff I got from wilkos. Grey thick liquid?

3 minutes ago, gibbon said:

Black

Bastards. Need to stop single mums shitting out unlimited thug spawn. Think the rubbing compound is the same stuff I got from wilkos. Grey thick liquid?

As above , if you aren’t too fussy and just was to cover up the scratch run a black magic marker over the scratch