• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Peak Dosser

Well there's always the DM comments that make me LOL. You won't get that in the Guardian.

Seeing a homeless person freezing their nick nacks off makes me feel even more comfy in my centrally heated 6 bed farm house conversion! Lovely!
---

There is a beggar in Leeds City Centre.  Wellington Street with a dirty sleeping bag and a dog on a string.  At 3.30 pm every day he jacks it in, walks back to the car park and drives home.

I think its similar unthinking response that Charity used to get.

Dicks like Steptoe say homeless and expect no questioning. Such as, are tgey homeless - not in a most cases.

Do they have a home in Romania. Yes. So the question is more 2 homeless.

Do they sprnt all their benefit on cider and smack. Normally.

1 hour ago, satch said:

We have a better class of beggar locally, a number EE old women who all have mobiles (yes they beg while on the mobile) and yes their mobile is newer than mine .... if they are homeless how do they charge them up as most modern mobiles need charging every couple of days? Where do they keep the charger as they have nothing with them bar a cardboard notice say GOD BLESS HUNGRY AND HOMELESS in black marker pen ... remarkable as they do not speak any English bar pleeeeeeese, pleeeeesse.

In addition we have a selection of accordian player who have travelled hundreds of miles through many countrires to entertain us. And they all play one song and only one song and yes it is the same song played very slowly  .... somewhere my love from Dr Zhivargo IIRC ..... Multiculturalism at its best and a valuable asset to the diversity profile of UK.

that sort of beggar needs deporting

38 minutes ago, Ina said:

There is a beggar in Leeds City Centre.  Wellington Street with a dirty sleeping bag and a dog on a string.  At 3.30 pm every day he jacks it in, walks back to the car park and drives home.

Why do they always have dogs on string?

19 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

I give nothing to beggars or charity these days.

Going back a number of years occasionally I’d encounter a “tramp” type bloke (they were always men) who was obviously down in life’s luck. They were quite happy to be taken for a cuppa and bacon sandwich and be listened to. Most of them were interesting people and either happy to be a nomad or striving to change.

Over the years I noted increasingly that beggars don’t want to go to a cafe....they just want the money!.

These days, IMO, charity begins at home!

I expect they don't want to lose their pitch.

41 minutes ago, One percent said:

Yeah but why string?  

It's about image - and marketing. 

For instance a leather or chain lead would look too prosperous.  Maybe too savvy and well to do.  If it was a very well worn leather lead nearly worn through and seriously fraying at the edges then that might just do the trick but then there's the chance that it might break and the dog would be off.

String is quite reliable as well as rock bottom.

Edited by twocents

22 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

Going back a number of years occasionally I’d encounter a “tramp” type bloke (they were always men) who was obviously down in life’s luck. They were quite happy to be taken for a cuppa and bacon sandwich and be listened to. Most of them were interesting people and either happy to be a nomad or striving to change.

Over the years I noted increasingly that beggars don’t want to go to a cafe....they just want the money!.

And, after you have politely said 'piss off' to an unwanted greeting, all that, 'Have a nice day Sir' 'God bless you Sir', as if they give a fuck.

the local shit hole high street near me during the day normally has at least 10 beggars. They're normally out of their heads on spice with their begging bowl out. I know one of the street traders on the same street. He told me one time this woman brought a £15 blanket off him, gave it to one of the beggars. Not 30 mins later the beggar came up to him and aggressively demanded he take it back and give him the money.  I would have chinned him.

Edited by gibbon

4 hours ago, Economic Exile said:

Careful, don't do that now EE, or you will be jailed for a hate crime! 

6 hours ago, One percent said:

Why do they always have dogs on string?

its kudos look at me dog on a string im poor.the reality is if your poor fk the dog off they will say its for company or protection but have you ever seen a beggar with a malnutrished dog ? no.

5 hours ago, MrPin said:

I never saw these "beggars" until the 80s. Before that we had tramps, who did itinerant farm work.

If you go West, theres still some active old tramp trails.

100+ years ago tramps would drift out West in summer for the harvest, then return to London for shelter - London being a couple of degrees warmers.

Now those old tramp trails are used for begging in West country - drifting out to Bath for begging.