• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spygirl

FGM detectives CH4

4 minutes ago, spygirl said:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-fgm-detectives

Based on the last TinTin book - Tintin and the clit cutters ...

xD Surely more like Inspector Clouseau (there's a pink panther joke there somewhere) - no successful prosecution ever?! I presume it's the same offficers as on the Madeleine McCann jolly case. 9_9

1 hour ago, One percent said:

I really do have a problem with all that modified and messed around with food 

?

Leftover Clit and Labia pasty?

'Dont throw it away Dr Ahmed. We had a busy night at the kebab house last night. Plenty of holes need filling on spit ...'

Seem to be reading more attempts recently to 'normalise' FGM. So comparing it to circumcision, or conflating piercings with FGM, or downplaying its severity by claiming there are differing levels of it, with the lowest type being akin to just a 'scratch'.

Insidious and worrying, especially as the UK authorities do not have the backbone to stand up to the practice.

Edited by Fossildog

11 minutes ago, Fossildog said:

Seem to be reading more attempts recently to 'normalise' FGM. So comparing it to circumcision, or conflating piercings with FGM, or downplaying its severity by claiming there are differing levels of it, with the lowest type being akin to just a 'scratch'.

Insidious and worrying, especially as the UK authorities do not have the backbone to stand up to the practice.

I think comparing it to male circumcision is the way forward. Both are assault done in the name of Religion.

Both should be made illegal and carry long prison sentences.

Do we have any Jewish Dosbodders who may wish to offer an alternative view?

47 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

I think comparing it to male circumcision is the way forward. Both are assault done in the name of Religion.

Im ambivalent of male circumcision.

You can make strong hygiene case. And it does seem effective against AIDs infections.

FGM is just not equivalent. You are talking taking major parts of the girls body away - clit and labia, both have a lot of blood supply.

1 hour ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Male circumcision is also done for non-religious reasons and is sometimes extremely beneficial to both the male concerned and any subsequent partners. It's not the same as FGM at all which although variable in it's level of repulsiveness is generally aimed at reducing female pleasure.

Nobody is arguing over removal for medical reasons in later life.

To do it for none medical reasons is still assault and most of the supposed (preventative) medical benefits have been debunked over the years. (Reason why it's far less common in the states that it used to be)

My comparison between the 2 is merely that they are both assaults predominantly carried out under religious mumbo jumbo.

I am against both. I'm sure FGM is far more brutal. Doesn't make MGM acceptable.

1 minute ago, Bkkandrew said:

137,000 victims of FGM and no prosecutions.

How can that be?

The law is applied differently to different groups of people. Simples. 

I bet if you took a razor blade to you daughters bits, you would feel the full force of the law. And rightly so

1 hour ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

I entirely agree and was pleased to see last week that Iceland has now made both illegal.

There were the usual complaints from those who wish to cut pieces off their children in the name of religion.

1 hour ago, swissy_fit said:

Male circumcision is also done for non-religious reasons and is sometimes extremely beneficial to both the male concerned and any subsequent partners. It's not the same as FGM at all which although variable in it's level of repulsiveness is generally aimed at reducing female pleasure.

But male children aren't given the choice

The problem with the medical argument for circumcision is that everybody knows medical reasons aren't the deciding factor.

If it was proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that circumcising boys did more harm than good, Jews, Muslims and many American parents would still want to have their baby boy snipped.

A new born baby has rights. One of those rights is to get to adulthood without having their genitals mutilated. Once they are adults, they can make their own choice.

22 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

But male children aren't given the choice

That's a bit poncey for me, there are loads of things that we don't give children the choice about, and rightly so because we know better than them or should do at least.  Male circumcision isn't done with the intention of lessening the pleasure of the baby's later adult sex life. 

1 minute ago, swissy_fit said:

That's a bit poncey for me, there are loads of things that we don't give children the choice about, and rightly so because we know better than them or should do at least.  Male circumcision isn't done with the intention of lessening the pleasure of the baby's later adult sex life. 

But the kid cant get it back.

Arguably, more advantages of a foreskin than disadvantages https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3225416/

We've had ths conversation before though :Beer:

10 minutes ago, NewryH said:

So, what are the religious reasons then? Not asking anyone to condone it,just interested. Did God look at a child and think 'not bad, but maybe just snip this off'.

Probably to make masturbation more difficult/less pleasurable

17 minutes ago, NewryH said:

So, what are the religious reasons then? Not asking anyone to condone it,just interested. Did God look at a child and think 'not bad, but maybe just snip this off'.

Previously children were sacrificed into the flames of Moloch so this was seen as a real sacrifice but one that didn't actually kill the child (usually).

2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Previously children were sacrificed into the flames of Moloch so this was seen as a real sacrifice but one that didn't actually kill the child (usually).

So basically 'they' thought it's  wrong to kill a child so we'll  just cut a bit off as that will sort of mimic sacrifice. And even today that is still thought to be ok.

27 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Sounds like a cool God they worship. 

Is there actually a nice God out there? They all sound like nasty cunts to me.