• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Byron

Snow Track.

Londonistan 

started throwing it down about 7am.  Walked the dog in quite a smattering of snow with it laying quite well.  Not much of a covering but enough to give an impression. 

Sadly it stopped around 9am. Flurries all morning but the snow on the ground disappeared which was odd as it didn’t get above 1c

South East County Durham - very light scattering on me car this morning, a few short-lived flurries observed from within in the smoking-shed several times at work, and some light hail-stones as I parked-up at home.

Glad I had a vest on under me T-shirt...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

30 minutes ago, One percent said:

Londonistan 

started throwing it down about 7am.  Walked the dog in quite a smattering of snow with it laying quite well.  Not much of a covering but enough to give an impression. 

Sadly it stopped around 9am. Flurries all morning but the snow on the ground disappeared which was odd as it didn’t get above 1c

Snow will sublime even below 0c.

Anyway, today was Wiltshire flurry this morning about 10ish, Reading flurries this afternoon about 4ish.

Pitiful quantities lying around here are there.

Cold tonight.  -5c atm.

3 minutes ago, dgul said:

Snow will sublime even below 0c.

Anyway, today was Wiltshire flurry this morning about 10ish, Reading flurries this afternoon about 4ish.

Pitiful quantities lying around here are there.

Cold tonight.  -5c atm.

Ta.  I had to look that up. Everyday is an education. :)

6 minutes ago, InLikeFlynn said:

North Devon

-2C at ten pm.

Dry and dusty: no snow yet

I hope you don’t get it later in the week. I’m down that way for my holiday next week and I’ve really been looking forward to it. I don’t want my trip disrupted 😩.

Bridgend today. Sun shinning, clearish skies, icey cold bitter winds. No snow.

Vale of Glam this evening.Very very cold. No snow.

1 minute ago, twocents said:

I doubt the anticipated snow and arctic temperatures will abate until shops have sold all their anti-freeze stocks along with all their snow shovels etc.

Aye.

And no doubt next year, it'll be the Tesla electric sledge - and Musk's re-launchable ice-skates...!

XYY

Surrey, heavy showers on and off until about 2pm, some of it settled - about 0.5cm. Some flakes floating in the air at the moment. I believe we may we due some more in the early hours but I'm not expecting much.

50 miles south of Edinburgh, a few small flakes starting to drift lazily down. Prepared for Snowmageddon including stockpiled food and fuel for the generator so expect half an inch.