• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Sign in to follow this  
Great Guy

John Major

Recommended Posts

He wasn't keen on the British people having their say on anything. 

Even when he knew that he and his party were deeply unpopular his response was along the lines of we aren't getting our message across.

He more or less opened the door as wide as possible to Blair, Brown and NuLabour and their "project" for Britain.  He's just as culpable as them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks to me like all Mogg has to do is wait. I hope to see him reach out to the north soon. I hope he picks his moment well.

Big ask, but who the fuck do you vote for up there if you have more than one brain cell?

Surely it must be becoming clear to anyone half engaged in this, that Barnier et al are determined to scupper this process with the gleeful, rat like, treacherous, tamperings of the British Labour party in connivance?

I've never voted tory in my life, but think id have to if Mogg became leader. Being a Dorseterian it's a shoe in for blue every time down here anyway. 

Extraordinary circumstances and all that. There must be millions thinking the same. I bloody hope there are.

What on earth has the Labour party become? Good fucking lord.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maastricht was a huge sell out of the UK by Major. Denmark and France had referenda but not us.  He can get lost.

The horrific scale of the treaty's scope that this scummer forced upon us:

 

The Maastricht Treaty ([maːˈstrɪxt]; formally, the Treaty on European Unionor TEU) undertaken to integrate Europe was signed on 7 February 1992 by the members of the European Community in Maastricht, Netherlands.[1] On 9–10 December 1991, the same city hosted the European Council which drafted the treaty.[2] Upon its entry into force on 1 November 1993 during the Delors Commission,[3] it created the three pillars structure of the European Unionand led to the creation of the single European currency, the euro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, shindigger said:

Looks to me like all Mogg has to do is wait. I hope to see him reach out to the north soon. I hope he picks his moment well.

Big ask, but who the fuck do you vote for up there if you have more than one brain cell?

Surely it must be becoming clear to anyone half engaged in this, that Barnier et al are determined to scupper this process with the gleeful, rat like, treacherous, tamperings of the British Labour party in connivance?

I've never voted tory in my life, but think id have to if Mogg became leader. Being a Dorseterian it's a shoe in for blue every time down here anyway. 

Extraordinary circumstances and all that. There must be millions thinking the same. I bloody hope there are.

What on earth has the Labour party become? Good fucking lord.

Frank Field and Kate Hoey need to start their own party.

I have never voted Labour in my life but I would vote for that.

Edited by Frank Hovis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Frank Hovis said:

Frank Field and Kate Hoey need to start their own party.

I have never bored Labour in my life but I would vote for that.

We are actually at the stage where we need an "in" and an "out" party, because Steptoe has overturned his whole political belief system inside a week.

He has completely hollowed himself out like a marrow. He now stands for absolutely fuck all. Really, FUCK ALL.

There's nothing left on either side to hang your hat on now. Galloway and Farage stood on the same stage campaigning.

Right, Left, who fucking cares?

They've got 4 years to get their shit together, cos we will be voting by proxy on a 2nd referendum in the GE in 2022.

Unless Mogg steps up. Frank Field would get lynched if he sided with him thoughxD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is slightly harsh on Mr Major.

His opinions on some topics are of interest.

In particular I want to know does he still prefer Lockwoods mushy peas.

Quite like to know if he regrets Edwina Currie or misses her.

Apart from that he should just fuck off really.

Oh ...

.......and does he regret not running away to join the circus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shindigger said:

Big ask, but who the fuck do you vote for up there if you have more than one brain cell?

It cannot be underestimated the hated of the Tories up North. There are many places where you would be ostracized if you were discovered to be a Tory supporter, such is the ingrained perception of the destruction Thatcher wrought on communities there. However, I think people in these small mining communities are beginning to wake up to the fact that their views are not best represented by people like Dianne Abbot or Munroe Bergdorf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Fossildog said:

It cannot be underestimated the hated of the Tories up North. There are many places where you would be ostracized if you were discovered to be a Tory supporter, such is the ingrained perception of the destruction Thatcher wrought on communities there. However, I think people in these small mining communities are beginning to wake up to the fact that their views are not best represented by people like Dianne Abbot or Munroe Bergdorf.

A minor awakening from the leader of the small Labour party on Cornwall Council:

In a letter sent to constituents today he writes: “I feel the Labour Party I joined all those years ago is no longer Labour. I haven’t changed, the party has. Many of those running the party in Cornwall today only joined to take it to the far left (sometimes after long memberships of hard left parties).

“While I have been getting car parks made free at night and encouraging more police action on anti social behaviour, the local party has focused on things that seem irrelevant to real life or the modern world.

"A recent example: they passed a motion calling on people to be taxed if they use a self-service checkout in shops. I have been told my job as a councillor is to ‘educate’ voters

 

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/labour-councillor-tim-dwelly-quits-1278563

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

they passed a motion calling on people to be taxed if they use a self-service checkout in shops.

That's just too funny!

No wonder the U.K. is in a mess if councils focus on this, rather than mass grooming and raping of children.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Frank Field and Kate Hoey need to start their own party.

I have never voted Labour in my life but I would vote for that.

Frank field does not look well 

2 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

A minor awakening from the leader of the small Labour party on Cornwall Council:

In a letter sent to constituents today he writes: “I feel the Labour Party I joined all those years ago is no longer Labour. I haven’t changed, the party has. Many of those running the party in Cornwall today only joined to take it to the far left (sometimes after long memberships of hard left parties).

“While I have been getting car parks made free at night and encouraging more police action on anti social behaviour, the local party has focused on things that seem irrelevant to real life or the modern world.

"A recent example: they passed a motion calling on people to be taxed if they use a self-service checkout in shops. I have been told my job as a councillor is to ‘educate’ voters

 

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/labour-councillor-tim-dwelly-quits-1278563

Orwell would be horrified that his warnings have come true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Major knows that he is largely to blame for the vote to leave. That's why he can't accept the vote and can't help carping on from the side-lines. Until he sold out the UK by forcing through the Maastricht treaty voters at least thought Thatcher was fighting the UK's corner and they liked the image of her waving her handbag around making Jonny foreigner give us our rebate. Once people saw British politicians like Major bare face lying about Europe and getting away with it they began to question what the whole thing was for. Seeing Blair and Brown acting in the same way reinforced that mistrust. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Uncivilservant said:

I think Major knows that he is largely to blame for the vote to leave. That's why he can't accept the vote and can't help carping on from the side-lines. Until he sold out the UK by forcing through the Maastricht treaty voters at least thought Thatcher was fighting the UK's corner and they liked the image of her waving her handbag around making Jonny foreigner give us our rebate. Once people saw British politicians like Major bare face lying about Europe and getting away with it they began to question what the whole thing was for. Seeing Blair and Brown acting in the same way reinforced that mistrust. 

Nope.

(I vote remain)

The main reason Ive heard of the leave vte has been the flood of EE into the UK.

Everyone can see who its insane.

Its not work arbitrage as there are families here. And they are all claiming tax credits + HB.

Blair was on radio, going 0n about how all these stuff are available to limit migration.

Shame he didnt use any when he was in place and choose to lie and spin and not prepare when the EE countries joined.

The brexit vote lies firmly at the feet of Brown (tax credits) and Blair (opening up borders without applying any sense).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Nope.

(I vote remain)

The main reason Ive heard of the leave vte has been the flood of EE into the UK.

Everyone can see who its insane.

Its not work arbitrage as there are families here. And they are all claiming tax credits + HB.

Blair was on radio, going 0n about how all these stuff are available to limit migration.

Shame he didnt use any when he was in place and choose to lie and spin and not prepare when the EE countries joined.

The brexit vote lies firmly at the feet of Brown (tax credits) and Blair (opening up borders without applying any sense).

Accept New Labour's role but public mistrust on what the ultimate aim of the EU was started, i believe, with Major forcing through the Maastricht treaty with Labours help due to the opposition of his own party. The mistrust was reinforced by Blair and Brown being 'economical' with the truth when it came to EE immigration. I think the original estimate was for 5000 people to come to the UK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Uncivilservant said:

Accept New Labour's role but public mistrust on what the ultimate aim of the EU was started, i believe, with Major forcing through the Maastricht treaty with Labours help due to the opposition of his own party. The mistrust was reinforced by Blair and Brown being 'economical' with the truth when it came to EE immigration. I think the original estimate was for 5000 people to come to the UK.

Unlike the Remainers, who seem to accept everything whats given to htme, I did try and chat to people about what _ why they are voting.

There's always the ~10% anti  EUers. And theres abiout 20% f pro-EU. Both unquestioning, fixed.

The other 70% were not nterestef/floating.

Time and time again, all I heard was floods of EEE - schools, GPs, jobs, housing. It was the same.

There are about 6-10M EE in the the UK. They are mainly living i nthe poorer areas, putting pressure on housing and services.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bkkandrew said:

That's just too funny!

No wonder the U.K. is in a mess if councils focus on this, rather than mass grooming and raping of children.

whenever i use the self-service tills i never pay for the plastic bags. I consider that 5, 10 or 15p is my salary for doing their work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Southmartin said:

whenever i use the self-service tills i never pay for the plastic bags. I consider that 5, 10 or 15p is my salary for doing their work

Ditto :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Southmartin said:

whenever i use the self-service tills i never pay for the plastic bags. I consider that 5, 10 or 15p is my salary for doing their work

Wuss.

Just weigh something expensive as potatos.

Im worth much more than 5p.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Similar Content

    • By Great Guy
      Ffs, he was convicted of 12 sexual assaults in 2009 and now he's getting let out. He's obviously a wrong 'un, why the fuck let him out?
      Honestly,  the justice system needs overhauled. The rights of general society should be above the rights of some wanker like this. 
    • By Great Guy
      How the fuck can someone make a TV career out of telling people to swap bank accounts to make £5 a month? I just don't get it. 
      He's the guy that started the Money Saving Expert website and sold it for £100m.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.