• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Great Guy

Panic Buying

I've been to the shops and panic bought:

16 pints of milk.

15 loaves of bread

160 bread rolls

120 toilet rolls

200 AA batteries 

25 gallon of diesel (10 gallon in car, the rest in glass bottles in my house).

150 Yankee candles.

How you all getting on with your panic buying?

For 3 days I kept meaning to buy diesel just incase I got stuck and had to sleep in the car, but its bloody cold outside and I've still got 1/6th of a tank. It can wait until its warmer.

13 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

I just bought a gun on the dark web, so if I get hungry I'll be round to your place to get some food.

I'll see your dark web gun and raise you to two guns.

image.jpg

I would panic fill the car with deisel but can’t get it off the drive because of the snow so.... bugger. I guess it will be Ok but what if things go teotwaki?

So I went on amazon and bought half a dozen seraglios instead, just in case. You can never be too careful...

1 minute ago, Melchett said:

So I went on amazon and bought half a dozen seraglios instead, just in case. You can never be too careful...

Does that word mean what I always thought it meant?

1 minute ago, Happy Renting said:

I bought some 80 denier tights in Tescos today.

Did you buy anything a bit sexier?

im looking to fill those seraglios you see.

4 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

I bought some 80 denier tights in Tescos today.

Is that as in "Climate Denier"?

I rushed out on Tuesday evening and bought a head of broccoli.

Now down to half a head of broccoli, 2 carrots and 1.5 parsnips and a few spuds. There is no chance I will get out of where I live for a long time, the drift between the hedges is above head height and the road out is at least 300yds long. So, it's just frozen fish and meat. Mind you, I took 1lb of squid out of the freezer this morning to defrost in the kitchen and it's still as hard as a brick.

16 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

image.jpg

Is that a hatstand?

What you need is a nice Mossberg 500. Can't beat the sound of cycling the cartridge. :D

7 minutes ago, Kilham said:

Is that a hatstand?

What you need is a nice Mossberg 500. Can't beat the sound of cycling the cartridge. :D

They're both working guns :) the top one is a box lock side by side from about 1925. The bottom one is a Berreta Xtrema super magnum semi auto.

Yeah, my brother used to have a Mossberg 500. It does make you smile when you cycle the mechanism :) 

23 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

image.jpg

In France if you want a serious gun you buy an AK47 leftover from the Yugoslavian wars, plenty floating about if you know the right people in Lyon or Marseille, allegedly. (I hasten to add that I don't). I imagine the French secret services have shut that down a bit since the Bataclan, or there would have been more shooty incidents since. In Switzerland you just take up hunting or join a gun club.

1 minute ago, swissy_fit said:

In France if you want a serious gun you buy an AK47 leftover from the Yugoslavian wars, plenty floating about if you know the right people in Lyon or Marseille, allegedly. (I hasten to add that I don't). I imagine the French secret services have shut that down a bit since the Bataclan, or there would have been more shooty incidents since. In Switzerland you just take up hunting or join a gun club.

Tbh, I often think it would be easy to smuggle a gun into the UK. You could break a gun down into its barrel and stock then hide it in a car...

Even in the UK you could go into a shop and buy a shotgun without a licence before 1971 (?). There must be tens of thousands of guns in lofts etc.

I popped out to panic buy ecig liquid but the bloody shop was shut due to bad weather. I have about 2 days' supply.

On the positive side though - I still have 5 bottles of champagne and a couple of nice bottles of red. 

9 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

Isn’t it Switzerland where there is still national service and you get sent home with a gun? 

6 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Tbh, I often think it would be easy to smuggle a gun into the UK. You could break a gun down into its barrel and stock then hide it in a car...

Even in the UK you could go into a shop and buy a shotgun without a licence before 1971 (?). There must be tens of thousands of guns in lofts etc.

There are about half a million licenced shotguns in the UK.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, One percent said:

Isn’t it Switzerland where there is still national service and you get sent home with a gun? 

Yeah but they are pretty hot on where the ammo is.

Edit :- You can still get ammo if you're that way inclined however but will get banged up if caught.

Edited by swissy_fit

After walking to work, being told it was closed, and walking home this morning I bought some milk and bread. They'd run out of bread in Sainsbury's, and milk in the co-op.

After that I walked a couple of miles to the post office and the same back to pick up a package.

I've just ordered an Austrian army cold weather cap on the internet to better equip me for such adventures. I don't think I'll leave the house again until it comes in the post.

xD

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

image.jpg

Nice collection 

Edited by ad_ceng