• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Another shop goes bang: Harold hill

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5460287/Homes-evacuated-explosion-rocks-parade-shops-Romford.html

Homes have been evacuated in a London street after an explosion this afternoon. 

Firefighters and paramedics have rushed to the scene in Harold Hill but there have been no reports yet of injuries.

The cause of the explosion is still being investigated and emergency services have cordoned off the site. 

Pedestrians and drivers have been warned to avoid the area while the investigation is ongoing. 

It is believed to have occurred at about 1.30pm. 

The explosion is not being treated as terror-related.  

The Metropolitan Police said said in a statement: 'The emergency services are currently on scene following reports on an explosion in Harold Hill.

'Police were called shortly before 13:30hrs on Sunday, 4 March to reports of an explosion at a premises in Farnham Road, Harold Hill.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Farnham+Rd,+Romford+RM3+8ED/@51.6064013,0.2189572,13z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x47d8bc9bce3f18f5:0x2054efb21a2c810?sa=X&hl=en-gb&gl=uk

1 hour ago, spunko2010 said:

Visited recently and have to be honest, Romford is not as enriched as I was expecting. It was at least 20% white!

Go a few miles further in towards the centre of London. Then find me a native, white Brit. ( ps, yourself won't count). Or go to Queens hospital in Romford, and find a native white working person... who isn't a member of staff.

I may have mentioned before about being the token white on public transport between here and Liverpool Street during office hours.

I openly say at work and elsewhere that "paris is lost' and 'london is lost'.  When asked (and often I am not as people nod!), I explain that the London and Paris I knew as a child and young adult are now resigned to history books.  Population and culture is completely different, and in many areas just not safe in the evening for non-locals.

I am encouraged by how many people agree with me.  I think London is now the ultra-rich, the commuting working taxpayers who come into London for the day, pay taxes, and leave, tourists, boomer who bought before about 1990 and have not yet worked out they need to escape, and the benefit/semi employed class who have social housing.  The idea of 'working class white' London is dead and gone (which were my ancestors for at least 200 years).

7 minutes ago, Melchett said:

Go a few miles further in towards the centre of London. Then find me a native, white Brit. ( ps, yourself won't count). Or go to Queens hospital in Romford, and find a native white working person... who isn't a member of staff.

I may have mentioned before about being the token white on public transport between here and Liverpool Street during office hours.

I worked near here a few years back. 99 percent white 15 years ago. Social cleansing doesn’t take long when they put their minds to it. 

1 minute ago, wherebee said:

I openly say at work and elsewhere that "paris is lost' and 'london is lost'.  When asked (and often I am not as people nod!), I explain that the London and Paris I knew as a child and young adult are now resigned to history books.  Population and culture is completely different, and in many areas just not safe in the evening for non-locals.

I am encouraged by how many people agree with me.  I think London is now the ultra-rich, the commuting working taxpayers who come into London for the day, pay taxes, and leave, tourists, boomer who bought before about 1990 and have not yet worked out they need to escape, and the benefit/semi employed class who have social housing.  The idea of 'working class white' London is dead and gone (which were my ancestors for at least 200 years).

I think that they will find that people who are currently working in high paid, complex jobs will disappear from London quite quickly. 

It used to be that young people would move to London for the excitement and for the decent jobs. My guess is that they can no longer afford to do that. 

My kids, and others like them, work in London because they can live at home. I would think, I need to ask, whether those they work with are from the provences (as would have been) of London. I would think they are all London or Home Counties 

25 minutes ago, One percent said:

I think that they will find that people who are currently working in high paid, complex jobs will disappear from London quite quickly. 

Maybe HS2 has been conceived to reduce the commute time but allow people to live further out.... kicking the can further down the road somewhat. 

Dont think there is much other option. Companies need a ‘pool’ of workers and London suits that well.  

Manchester to some extent is able to supplement this to some extent with satellite offices which seems to be happening, but that’s going the same way. 

4 minutes ago, ste said:

Maybe HS2 has been conceived to reduce the commute time but allow people to live further out.... kicking the can further down the road somewhat. 

Dont think there is much other option. Companies need a ‘pool’ of workers and London suits that well.  

Manchester to some extent is able to supplement this to some extent with satellite offices which seems to be happening, but that’s going the same way. 

Perhaps but the cost of commuting will be eye watering. 

Gas "related".

They later confirmed the explosion was gas related and no one was injured.

Scotland Yard said: "Police were called shortly before 1.30pm on Sunday 4 March to reports of an explosion at a premises in Farnham Road, Harold Hill.

"Officers, the London Fire Brigade and the London Ambulance Service attended.

"The cause of the explosion has been confirmed as gas related.

"There have been no reported injuries.

Hmm...

GasMan.jpg.76b677b9969a42ee7f21570fb70729eb.jpg

Edit for link :- http://sino.co.uk/news/article/homes-evacuated-after-london-explosion-ImC65

Edited by XswampyX