• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Very rich man prepared to work for less in the name of equality

25 minutes ago, dgul said:

This really annoys me.

If there is a problem (it isn't a simple 'women paid less for same job' that's for sure) it isn't found with ultra wealthy people who have agents to do the 'worth' stuff for them.

If there is a problem it'll be with the average person, not able to walk away from a job because they won't be able to afford the rent, not able to go into the manager's office to negotiate a wage because it could ruin their career.

This doesn't even send a message of unity.  It is just PC crap.

👍🏻A rep isn’t enough for that post. Great insight into the ordinary person’s plight trying to live a decent life on planet earth

1 hour ago, One percent said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43279124

Actor Michael Sheen has said he would "absolutely" take a pay cut if it meant being paid the same as an actress.

oh do fuck off Michael. 

Man who has already earned enough to replicate Scrooge McDuck at the start of 'Duck Tales', magnanimously offers to take a wage cut from obscene to kings ransom in order to make a moral point.

What a guy. 

3 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Man who has already earned enough to replicate Scrooge McDuck at the start of 'Duck Tales', magnanimously offers to take a wage cut from obscene to kings ransom in order to make a moral point.

What a guy. 

Yep. If I interpret your post correctly the bloke is a privileged asshole who just doesn’t understand life for ordinary people who in the main just can’t offer to take a pay cut....they usually need a bit more cash!

So sick of these Hollywood twats grandstanding to the masses from their better chance to thrive in life.

Not envious of them though...most of them appear to have trainwreck lives.

Just now, Economic Exile said:

Yep. If I interpret your post correctly the bloke is a privileged asshole who just doesn’t understand life for ordinary people who in the main just can’t offer to take a pay cut....they usually need a bit more cash!

So sick of these Hollywood twats grandstanding to the masses from their better chance to thrive in life.

Back in the day, these type of people were anti establishment. In the 50s, they were so scared of them that we had this

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCarthyism

then we had the sixties and the pease movement. There were rebel and anti establishment songs. Against war and such things as Vietnam and the nuclear bomb. 

What the fuck happened to make them all get into bed with the establishment?  

Just now, Economic Exile said:

You interpreted it perfectly. 

I have no time for some sanctimonious bungwipe on at least a six figure salary for doing a pretty inconsequential job, grandiosly stating he'll take a pay cut in order to please the fickle beast of public opinion.

Whatever the twat reduces his pay by, he'll still be making many multiples more than your average punter. Man or woman. It's not like he'll be living in a box, eating beans and wiping his arse with a housebrick because of high principle.

It's very easy to pontificate from a position of extreme comfort.

4 minutes ago, One percent said:

Back in the day, these type of people were anti establishment. In the 50s, they were so scared of them that we had this

then we had the sixties and the pease movement. There were rebel and anti establishment songs. Against war and such things as Vietnam and the nuclear bomb. 

Money and a privileged lifestyle IMO. They think they can do token stuff to appease the masses but I hope it won’t work for them.

I hasten to add I have no envy for the likes of Sheen. His life looks like a train wreck to me. Awww bless. Poor twat.....not!

Just now, Sgt Hartman said:

You interpreted it perfectly. 

I have no time for some sanctimonious bungwipe on at least a six figure salary for doing a pretty inconsequential job, grandiosly stating he'll take a pay cut in order to please the fickle beast of public opinion.

Whatever the twat reduces his pay by, he'll still be making many multiples more than your average punter. Man or woman. It's not like he'll be living in a box, eating beans and wiping his arse with a housebrick because of high principle.

It's very easy to pontificate from a position of extreme comfort.

👍🏻Superb Sgt.....especially your last sentence! 

1 minute ago, Economic Exile said:

Money and a privileged lifestyle IMO. They think they can do token stuff to appease the masses but I hope it won’t work for them.

I hasten to add I have no envy for the likes of Sheen. His life looks like a train wreck to me. Awww bless. Poor twat.....not!

Yes agree but what happened to the youth movement that has forever been anti establishment. Sex pistols, clash, jam etc, etc.  

It seems that the touch of revolution is still been carried by us oldies. xD

15 minutes ago, One percent said:

Yes agree but what happened to the youth movement that has forever been anti establishment. Sex pistols, clash, jam etc, etc.  

It seems that the touch of revolution is still been carried by us oldies. xD

Perhaps the general masses of youths have had little opportunity to earn some cash from a young age. IIRC you need to be 25 to earn minimum wage. That’s just crap, IMO. Fourteen to earn anything at all! Alternatively they head to uni incurring massive debt......

Seems to me that marxism is doing its intended job in the grand scheme of things to make the majority serfs :(

If it comes to the crunch though I’m prepared to fight for my youngsters just because I know I can survive in life but they have a struggle. I’m hopeful that other parents will see it like I do in due course. IMO social mobility isn’t due to increase anytime soon!

1 minute ago, Economic Exile said:

Perhaps the general masses of youths have had little opportunity to earn some cash from a young age. IIRC you need to be 25 to earn minimum wage. That’s just crap, IMO. Fourteen to earn anything at all! Alternatively they head to uni incurring massive debt......

Seems to me that marxism is doing its intended job in the grand scheme of things to make the majority serfs :(

If it comes to the crunch though I’m prepared to fight for my youngsters just because I know I can survive in life but they have a struggle. I’m hopeful that other parents will see it like I do in due course. IMO social mobility isn’t due to increase anytime soon!

True. They do not have the freedom we had. They are also the most tested in the world in terms of schooling.  That’s got to take its toll. 

Either the establishment have completely fucked it up for the young, or it’s deliberate. 

43 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

Yes, weren't these twats all suppose to be leaving the US anyway if Trump got in? So how many of them moved then?

London Mayor Sadiq Khan was among those attending Care International's march promoting gender equality.

But isn't it just part and parcel.  They are all such downright hypocrites.

4 hours ago, One percent said:

I suspect because a lot of the money for their "projects" now comes from the establishment.  That is apart from they themselves being the establishment and wanting to present a populist face.  Imposters as often seen on the panels of TV programmes like Question Time.

Edited by twocents