• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
blobloblob

Italy General Election

3 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Channel 4 ranting on now about 'populist parties' holding power. Somehow anti-immigration parties winning in Italy will mean a tougher BREXIT - how the feck they conclude that is beyond me. No justification. Just said it.

If they are popular, then that’s good for democracy, no?  Am I missing something here?  

20 minutes ago, One percent said:

If they are popular, then that’s good for democracy, no?  Am I missing something here?  

They should have politics like the enlightened* Brits, where only unpopular politicians get elected.

[apart from Brexit, which has the dark stench of populism.  Probably due to all those immigrants.]

24 minutes ago, One percent said:

They fucking want Pol Pot in power. He certainly wasn't populist!

We are officially at war with the media.

1 minute ago, One percent said:

And the establishment. 

Quite.

The derogatory term of "populist politics" is just a smack in the face for any person capable of thinking. The fact that they (the media) use it is even more insulting.

1 minute ago, XswampyX said:

Quite.

The derogatory term of "populist politics" is just a smack in the face for any person capable of thinking. The fact that they (the media) use it is even more insulting.

And that they use it as an insult. Populist sounds good to me. It’s popular with ordinary people. What’s not to like?

6 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

If the anti-EU anti-migrant lot get enough votes we could see panic in markets this week. But Merkel has been confirmed Fuhrer again so currently that will boost the markets.

Scraped in by finger nails.

German is led by 2 parties losing all their supporters.

8 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

If the anti-EU anti-migrant lot get enough votes we could see panic in markets this week. But Merkel has been confirmed Fuhrer again so currently that will boost the markets.

Not democratically she hasn’t. Done deal behind closed doors. 

Just now, Great Guy said:

It must be abolute crap being an Italian and having third worlders use your country as a transit point to north europe. I hope this 5 star lot get in and deport the lot of them.

As long as they don’t deport them north. 

Just now, Great Guy said:

It must be abolute crap being an Italian and having third worlders use your country as a transit point to north europe. I hope this 5 star lot get in and deport the lot of them.

You know you are in trouble when the 3rd world only uses your country for a toilet. xD

Where does Berlusconi now fit in the mix? I would love the right to take Italy out of the EU but isn't it more likely that the result will produce an instability, which seems ever present in Italian politics, so that the corrupt little pervert or some other equivalent can manipulate the situation for their own ends and preserve the status quo?