• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Bent Bradley

Posted (edited)

This is why knighthoods should not be given out to sport stars until old age,

they generally turn out to be drug chests, 

who got a knighthood. 

I notice many recent stars announced retirement all around the same time of the wiggins scandal breaking.

i'm waiting for the certain sports star. #ineedanswers

Edited by WorkingPoor

No fan of Sky and any amount of shit they take is fine by me. However what is the the Commons Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee actually running here, an investigation or running some sort of court, as from the article the evidence/proof seems sketchy to say the least.  Surely it is up to the sport's governing body or court of law to ascertain the facts and the media committee to act accordingly if media rules have been transgressed in some sort of way or to determine if Sky are a fit entity to hold a license according to the rules. 

Now I may be cynical but why has this report been released today?  Was someone working on it over the weekend?  

Manipulating the news. My guess is italy’s election results. Don’t want the great unwashed here getting ideas. 

4 minutes ago, One percent said:

Now I may be cynical but why has this report been released today?  Was someone working on it over the weekend?  

Manipulating the news. My guess is italy’s election results. Don’t want the great unwashed here getting ideas. 

There are hiding moon landings onesie ....

I dont think therer's any OTT news mnagement, that died with Blair and brown.

These sorts of reports are produced and embargod til Mondays.

6 minutes ago, One percent said:

Committees and MPs like their limelight to showcase their work

Key to limelight is timing your press release.

Mondays is alwasy good because weekends are usually quiet for news and journos like to have something for Monday - Win Win

3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

There are hiding moon landings onesie ....

I dont think therer's any OTT news mnagement, that died with Blair and brown.

These sorts of reports are produced and embargod til Mondays.

Are the aliens coming?  o.O

see, I knew they were hiding something 

Just now, Hopeful said:

Mondays is alwasy good because weekends are usually quiet for news and journos like to have something for Monday - Win Win

Don’t spoil my paranoia  xD

They should.legalise all drugs in sport, and treat athletes as drug company guinea pigs for the advancement of science.

Give em loads of dosh and watch what happens when the keel over and fit in front of the cameras.

Quite frankly I'm bored of the whole thing.

Some sporty bloke on the radio, making up excuses.

Visually I can see him doing the interview in a tracksuit,

Apparently when a UK athelete wins a medal it gives the UK 'a boost'.

Can we just have the drugs instead and get the boost directly?

"The 52-page report also delivers a withering assessment of Lord Coe, president of the International Association of Athletics Federations, and his attempts to clean up athletics."

The same Coe who was head of FIFA's ethics committee. 9_9

3 minutes ago, ccc said:

"The 52-page report also delivers a withering assessment of Lord Coe, president of the International Association of Athletics Federations, and his attempts to clean up athletics."

Yep.

The one who used to judo wrestle William Hague in the office - 'Look Ive pinned him down! No hands ...'

55 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Nice to see MPs spending their time on important stuff.

46 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

Cycling has been bent forever. Why is anyone surprised? 

I don't think anyone is.

7 minutes ago, ccc said:

Can't put my finger on it but I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. 

1 hour ago, Chewing Grass said:

They should.legalise all drugs in sport, and treat athletes as drug company guinea pigs for the advancement of science.

Give em loads of dosh and watch what happens when the keel over and fit in front of the cameras.

Quite frankly I'm bored of the whole thing.

I think I agree - it means you end up with two tiers like in bodybuilding, where you have the freaks and then the natural guys. The sad thing is, the freaks get all the money and all the celebrity even though the vast majority of people think they look ridiculous. But sport is about pushing the human body and mind to its absolute limits; with that driver, you're never going to stop people from taking drugs.

1 hour ago, One percent said:

the So-Called BBC are even highlighting a suspect supliment given to Sir Mo! Banged my head when I collapsed in shock - just having a cup of tea to recover :-)

5 minutes ago, OurDayWillCome said:

the So-Called BBC are even highlighting a suspect supliment given to Sir Mo! Banged my head when I collapsed in shock - just having a cup of tea to recover :-)

They are even dragging seb coe into it. 

Couldn't happen to a more odious bloke 

16 minutes ago, One percent said:

They are even dragging seb coe into it. 

Couldn't happen to a more odious bloke 

It's not a sport I follow, but my layman's take is that we were shit at it, for seemingly ever, and then next thing we were the best in the World. If that turnaround was seen in certain other nation's teams I think we know what kind of fingers would be being pointed.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Hopeful said:

First item of pre prepared and pre packaged news stories presented by the So-Called BBC Fake News program to the plebs this morning. Even beat the Oscars. People shitting in buckets because the water supply has been cut for days in parts of the UK barely rated a mention. Ditto the Italian elections. I suppose it allows the faux journalists who work in the media to write Mondays news on Friday rather than actually having to graft it over the weekend

Edited by Virgil Caine