• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Belgians giving out iodine tablets

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/mar/07/belgian-hands-out-millions-of-iodine-pills-in-case-of-nuclear-accident

has started to make iodine pills available free to its 11 million citizens in case of an accident at its ageing nuclear plants, while saying there is no “specific risk.”

The government has also launched a website in the country’s official languages of French, Dutch and German to tell people what to do in an emergency as it begins implementing plans announced two years ago.

what do they know that we don’t?

1 minute ago, One percent said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/mar/07/belgian-hands-out-millions-of-iodine-pills-in-case-of-nuclear-accident

has started to make iodine pills available free to its 11 million citizens in case of an accident at its ageing nuclear plants, while saying there is no “specific risk.”

The government has also launched a website in the country’s official languages of French, Dutch and German to tell people what to do in an emergency as it begins implementing plans announced two years ago.

I would be more worried about the french and their extensive ageing fleet of old reactors, the new EPR thats 7 years late and multi billions over budget their reprocessing plant on the north coast as well as the piles of shite they have stored somewhere.

Perhaps that is what little downwind Belgium is really worried about.

They got some given out a while ago.
It's been discussed here or on the other site. (How old is this site now? It feels like it's been here forever)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-41121761
Germans in Aachen get free iodine amid Belgium nuclear fears
Sept 2017

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/belgium-to-give-iodine-pills-to-entire-country-in-case-of-nuclear-fallout-radiation-terrorist-attack-a7006651.html

27 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

(How old is this site now? It feels like it's been here forever)

Just coming up to a year now (24th of March).

Edited by This Time
Autocucumber

3 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

A Polish friend told me that when she was very young, a helicopter landed in her school playground, some soldiers got out and made all the children drink a horrible brown liquid.

1986. Chernobyl.

Fuck. That sounds scary.

This brings back memories for me of being about 5 or 6, getting a splinter in a finger, my bampa removing it and then reaching for his tiny bottle of iodine with which to douse the cut.

Who knew that iodine was so amazing - stops children crying, keeps you alive in the event of a nuclear disaster.

5 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

A Polish friend told me that when she was very young, a helicopter landed in her school playground, some soldiers got out and made all the children drink a horrible brown liquid.

1986. Chernobyl.

These lovers of marmite are zealots.

(Good for the Poles. They tried to give at least some protection.)

11 hours ago, One percent said:

Did`t they have a problem at one of there plants someone murder not long ago 

2 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

o.O

i didn’t really know which bit of the article to quote, it’s all petty worrying to say the least. Let’s go with this

According to the New York Times, several employees working in the Belgian nuclear industry have had their security clearances revoked over potential ISIS plots. 

I would have thought that the vetting to work in one of these places would preclude anyone who they have the slightest doubt about. Clearly not. 

All very worrying