• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Got the estate.  Still going strong if a little thirsty around town. The old diesel 2Lt engine so it will go forever and none of those newfangled bits they have bolted on to new cars. 

21 minutes ago, onlyme said:

Seen loads, not a bad looking car, but then I quite liked the Montego :D.

the mg montego was pretty fast i think around 7.5 secs to 60 and very economical i had one for a bit but hell the rust

2 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

the mg montego was pretty fast i think around 7.5 secs to 60 and very economical i had one for a bit but hell the rust

The one with the all round go faster red stripe, nice!  The later Rover shows that if they wanted to the rust problem could be cured - why the hell did car companies not do this before as it ruined many reputations for years.

27 minutes ago, onlyme said:

The one with the all round go faster red stripe, nice!  The later Rover shows that if they wanted to the rust problem could be cured - why the hell did car companies not do this before as it ruined many reputations for years.

it was a pale sort of metalic blue i think with a thin set of white stripes

My heart was broken when Rover ceased to be. A few crap decisions and 'the Phoenix Four' plundering the safes were to blame. IMO the 75 was it's ticket back into the mainstream. The driver's seat looks like a very comfortable place to be.

The alloys on the 75 in the OP are the nicest ones on this model imo.

I think this one looks great in yellow:

39827508124_089ce96b68_c.jpgMy Rover 75 by steve wilson, on Flickr

B|

5 minutes ago, UmBongo said:

My heart was broken when Rover ceased to be. A few crap decisions and 'the Phoenix Four' plundering the safes were to blame. IMO the 75 was it's ticket back into the mainstream. The driver's seat looks like a very comfortable place to be.

The alloys on the 75 in the OP are the nicest ones on this model imo.

I think this one looks great in yellow:

39827508124_089ce96b68_c.jpgMy Rover 75 by steve wilson, on Flickr

B|

Is that the older model with the headlights?  

I must admit, feel like Arthur Daley’s mol in it. :)

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Is that the older model with the headlights? 

Yes this is the phase 1 version.

1 minute ago, OurDayWillCome said:

Are these from the era of the Honda link-up (engine technology). China got their hands on all that - I used to see lots of Rowe 75’s about eight years ago, not so many there now.

The 75 was designed with BMW's assistance. Once they bought Rover in (I think) 1994, Honda no longer wanted anything to do with them. Honda's last collaboration with Rover was the 1995 - 2005 Rover 400 series.

BMW wanted the 4x4 knowledge (Land Rover) and the 'Mini' brand. Then sacked Rover once they got what all they wanted. >:(

I had a 75.  Funny old car -- it had the 2.5v6, which was a fantastic engine but was tuned for power at high revs.  This was great, except that the targeted demographic would have been more suited with a high torque low down tuning.  Hence lots of oldies though the 2.5 was gutless, but it was only because they'd never venture beyond 4k.

1 hour ago, stokiescum said:

i had the 2.7 honda powered sterling,even the back seat was electric.monster of a car was was good for close to 150 which at the time was pretty nippy.

I had a BRG Rover 827 coupe with cream leather cruise control and a bendy dash, beat that.

The first car I drove after passing my test aged 17 was like the one in the picture below. Fabulous machine! 

Father’s car, not mine....but back then it was no big deal to add a youngsters name to a family car.

I regularly see a local person driving a refurbished one like this about. I’m sure he’s enjoying it!

CD5BA770-38DC-4803-8BEF-296661D80212.jpeg

38 minutes ago, UmBongo said:

Yes this is the phase 1 version.

The 75 was designed with BMW's assistance. Once they bought Rover in (I think) 1994, Honda no longer wanted anything to do with them. Honda's last collaboration with Rover was the 1995 - 2005 Rover 400 series.

BMW wanted the 4x4 knowledge (Land Rover) and the 'Mini' brand. Then sacked Rover once they got what all they wanted. >:(

So the 75 is a Bmw engine? 

:Jumping:

10 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

does a v8 sd1 count ?

Oh yeah, I was going to raise you a Nightfire Red 420Sli with a power bulge, but I won't bother now.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Shaneyson said:

Oh yeah, I was going to raise you a Nightfire Red 420Sli with a power bulge, but I won't bother now.

i had it 1 week then realised a full years insurence was out of the question and bought an x19,which to be truthfull was far more fun.one of my favrite cars of that erra was actualy a talbot alpine 

Edited by stokiescum