• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Frank Hovis

Viz Comic

It was genuinely superb; each copy would be passed around at college with the feverishness of a dog-eared copy of Mayfair at school.

And, famously, our own @MrPin was a published contributor to Letterbocks.

So dig out your favourites for a virtual Viz.  I will select Paul Whicker as I was told several times at college that I waas "Just like him".  But as Paul himself would say: "Bollocks".

005-08-paulwhicker.jpg

Love Viz. Wonder if they still.run Milly Tant the fat ugly feminist?

Bought my first copy in Bristol in 1985.

Tex Wade: Frontier Accountant was on the cover.

Rude Kid, Aldridge Prior, Tranny Magnet, 8 Ace, Mrs Brady. Modern Parents. Raffles.

With Mrs Brady I'd always just go to the last box where she was normally knee deep in her own piss.

Same with Modern Parents where Malcolm was always getting tasty, and mixing it with someone, while off his tits.

Comedy gold.

Edited by shindigger

Grassy Knollington was genius. Pretty sure he used to post on HPC as Erranta or something.

Big Vern. Almost every phrase he uses is a cliche. Always amazed how he blows his brains out every time but somehow recovers for the next one.

bigvern.jpg

2 hours ago, Happy Renting said:

I bet you sell them.

You could probably actually sell a load of these to Viz fans if you didn't go too wild and didn't have more than a container or two churned out in China

Tutankhamen.jpg

4 hours ago, shindigger said:

Ive not bought Viz for a few years, and i'm suddenly curious to know how they're dealing with the recent sjw wave. Given their target audience.

I mean MillyTant is everywhere these days.

When I bought the annual a couple of Christmases. or so, ago either I've matured a lot (unlikely) or it seemed to be a bit past its glory days of the clag remover and glitter shitter.