• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
humdrum

Sir Vince Cable:Brexit driven by nostalgia for white

These "people's" parents grew up during the war and passed down their experiences. They were around the world and fought along side people of many nationalities and colour. They are proud of their nation. They did not want a free for all. They want a nation of law and order, peace and prosperity, even to those that migrate here legally.

I witnessed boomer generation voters driving their veteran parents to the voting booth.

Edited by 201p

So, overnight, Vince has come in for some stick from other parties and commenators for his "old, blue, white and pink" Brexit speech.

And so he is now trying to justify his racist comments by saying that:

"There was clearly a differential between those who voted for Brexit and those who voted for Remain. Those voting for Brexit were prodominantly [Vince's] generation, the 'older' generation, while those voting for remain were mainly the under 25s, but not exclusively so"

So Vince, that is not a justification for you comments, you TWAT.

Or is it, and you actually are, a bigot?

Edited by Hopeful

5 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

So, overnight, Vince has come in for some stick from other parties and commenators for his "old, blue, white and pink" Brexit speech.

And so he is now trying to justify his racist comments by saying that:

"There was clearly a differential between those who voted for Brexit and those who voted for Remain. Those voting for Brexit were prodominantly [Vince's] generation, the 'older' generation, while those voting for remain were mainly the under 25s, but not exclusively so"

So Vince, that is not a justification for you comments, you TWAT.

Or is it, and you actually are, a bigot?

Wonder if he can stretch his analysis to even comprehend that there is a difference between those that have been lied to for decades (by politicians like Vince) and can see through the smoke and mirrors whilst those younger that have not had the balance of years of receiving false promises cannot.  

2 minutes ago, onlyme said:

Wonder if he can stretch his analysis to even comprehend that there is a difference between those that have been lied to for decades (by politicians like Vince) and can see through the smoke and mirrors whilst those younger that have not had the balance of years of receiving false promises cannot.  

This,

We oldies have had enough of you VINCE and your ilk, you cunts

And we want something better for us and the under 25s

Edited by Hopeful

I think many people were fooled by him before the 2010 general election but he quickly put them right after gaining a sniff of power.

His latest outburst just confirms his hypocrisy - and now there seems to be dollops of racism along with ageism. 

Interesting that his statement came on the same day that Lord Paddy Ashdown in being asked to comment by the So-Called BBC on the Salisbury attack said that cyber crime needs to be cracked down on as it might lead to war.  He didn't seem to realise that it was a nerve agent attack. 

Those two just about sum up the state of Britain today.

Edited by twocents

49 minutes ago, ILikeCake said:

I used to think he was ok and talked a bit of sense.

I was wrong.

They really do live in a different world and to think these people are paid to represent us?

Thing is, he is clearly not a stupid man. I don't for one minute think he actually believes what he's saying. He's doing so under duress; I'm just going to have to assume under threat of the exposure of some horrible secret. So I'm going to assume, paedophile. Sorry Vince. I never thought of you like that before, but it's your actions that have driven me to that conclusion.

Some kind of mechanism needs to be put into place to prevent these people growing so out of touch. They may enter the London-centric world of politics/media/lobbyists in a reasonable mental state and with a vague idea of what the rest of the working population thinks/feels, but 20-30 years in the echo chamber and they don't have a clue. 

Perhaps there should be a time limit - you can only serve 25 years maximum as an MP, minimum age 32 with at least 10 years of real work behind you(ie not studying PPE or being an MP's assistant, something that normal people do)

Just now, swissy_fit said:

Some kind of mechanism needs to be put into place to prevent these people growing so out of touch. They may enter the London-centric world of politics/media/lobbyists in a reasonable mental state and with a vague idea of what the rest of the working population thinks/feels, but 20-30 years in the echo chamber and they don't have a clue. 

Perhaps there should be a time limit - you can only serve 25 years maximum as an MP, minimum age 32 with at least 10 years of real work behind you(ie not studying PPE or being an MP's assistant, something that normal people do)

I think there should be a 2 Parliamentary term maximum continuous before you must stand down for the next Parliament - i.e. a 5 year gap. You can stand again after that.

Ditto the minimum age and working in a real job. Will never happen of course.

Everything seems to be heading rapidly downhill at the moment.

6 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I think there should be a 2 Parliamentary term maximum continuous before you must stand down for the next Parliament - i.e. a 5 year gap. You can stand again after that.

Ditto the minimum age and working in a real job. Will never happen of course.

Everything seems to be heading rapidly downhill at the moment.

It should not be a 'career' for sure. All manner of contradictions come into play when it becomes a career. My MP is in a 100% safe seat and as far as I can work out has never done anything useful at all, although tbf he has never done anything negative either.

7 hours ago, humdrum said:

world.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/03/11/brexit-vote-driven-nostalgia-world-faces-white-sir-vince-cable/

Bless him. There must be better men blowing up balls for a living instead of talking it. 

3 hours ago, Hopeful said:

He's an old man speaking like ANTIFA

He always was a cunt

Ha. Vince who used to sound like he actually had a brain, then the more he spoke the more you realised he is full of shit. 

He came out full on Remoaner and ensures the continual and welcome death of the Lib Dims.

Listen to this racist and insulting shit - because you have a different opinion, you are obviously stupid. poor you, you don't know what you're voting for, you are too stupid to know otherwise.  I do. Trust me. I'm part of the political establishment. Just trust in what I say ...

... bye bye, you fall into even more obscurity, do fuck off like a good chap and shut the door on your way out. Just retire you're obviously senile as fuck and lost touch with reality.

Too many were driven by nostalgia for a world where passports were blue, faces were white and the map was coloured imperial pink

It doesn't matter even if all that was true (which it isn't). Parliaments function is to represent the will of the people. It's quite clear from the tone that Vince hasn't quite grasped that, in a democracy, politicians are supposed to represent the people not rule them as philosopher kings, and the cognitive dissonance is making him frustrated.

Anyway, this "shaming" strategy has been all used up. Vince just alienated the 52% of the electorate most likely to vote. Dickhead.

10 minutes ago, steppensheep said:

Liberal elite driven by nostalgia for when the serfs knew their place.

Suddenly finding myself wishing we could give multiple upvotes.