• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Explosions in Austin, Texas

A teenage male was killed and a woman in her 40's was injured with a parcel bomb earlier this morning.

Few hours later another explosion injured people elsewhere in the city. A woman in her 70's has potentially life-threatening injuries.

Seems that packages were left on their doorsteps.

I think Sadiq Khan is in Austin, Texas.

Now, I would never wish for the death of another human being, but if I was the type of person who wished for the death of other people I would definitely be hoping that that little, inbred, traitorous neoliberal prick has been killed in one of these attacks.

Not me though. As I say, I'm not like that.

Feck me this is like that Dylan prat shooting black people in Church.

There are plenty of real enemies of western civilisation out there; law-abiding citizens who happen to be black are not amongst them.

I would however allow myself a wry grin for Sadiq Khan; if he ended up a victim of his own "part and parcel" he would have no grounds for complaint.

44 minutes ago, billfunk said:

I think Sadiq Khan is in Austin, Texas.

Now, I would never wish for the death of another human being, but if I was the type of person who wished for the death of other people I would definitely be hoping that that little, inbred, traitorous neoliberal prick has been killed in one of these attacks.

Not me though. As I say, I'm not like that.

Bit of a 'coincidence', that.

Perhaps he's the perpetrator...  Have there been any incidents in the UK since he's been gone?

10 minutes ago, onlyme said:

Tech expert Sadiq Khan is presenting there. 

https://www.npr.org/2018/03/11/592766459/at-sxsw-london-mayor-sadiq-khan-to-touch-on-policymakers-role-in-tech-revolution

At SXSW, London Mayor Sadiq Khan To Touch On Policymakers' Role In Tech Revolution

I'm pretty sure he personally invented the internet or was that Al Gore?

34 minutes ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

I'm pretty sure he personally invented the internet or was that Al Gore?

Deffo Al Gore.  I wonder what Khan has issues with? Martin the interviewer seems to have more issues with Brexit and Trump.

But South by Southwest has also become a place to talk about cutting-edge technologies and some of the issues raised by those technologies.

But he's also made it a mission to use government to address issues of the future as well as of the moment, which is what he'll talk about tomorrow.

MARTIN: ...London has really been at the center of it. I mean, the shock of the Brexit vote, which most Londoners opposed, and then several terrorist attacks at Westminster and then London Bridge. And that sparked some back and forth between you and President Trump. I just - I know it's a difficult question, but how would you assess the public mood of Londoners?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Goat said:

Could just be the difference between British and US English, I don't think parcel is a word in widespread use in the US.

For that matter is parcel becoming a bit archaic over here as well?

Except when it comes to describing London terrorism in general - by some of the great and the good.  Then it's part and parcel. 

Since then it seems to be out of favour in describing wrapped up objects in terrorism events - they're packages. 

In the UK Royal Mail and others still have parcel delivery and the US deliverers still describe many items they deliver as parcels.

Edited by twocents

8 hours ago, Goat said:

Could just be the difference between British and US English, I don't think parcel is a word in widespread use in the US.

For that matter is parcel becoming a bit archaic over here as well?

No it's not.

Texas...?

Damn - not many muzzies for you lot to blame for the pyrotechnics around them parts.

If popular culture is to be believed - then they're just a bunch of "steers and queers"...!!!

Not much of a choice really...

:(

XYY

Just now, The XYY Man said:

Texas...?

Damn - not many muzzies for you lot to blame for the pyrotechnics around them parts.

If popular culture is to be believed - then they're just a bunch of "steers and queers"...!!!

Not much of a choice really...

:(

XYY

Behave xyy.  We don’t blame anything on anyone.  We just look at and analyse the evidence. If it is some redneck idiot, then that’s what we will discuss. 

Empirical evidence is what we focus on. 

5 minutes ago, One percent said:

Behave xyy.  We don’t blame anything on anyone.  We just look at and analyse the evidence. If it is some redneck idiot, then that’s what we will discuss. 

Empirical evidence is what we focus on. 

:)

Gerraway and shite, man...!

You lot focus on the following:

1) Please make it a muzzie wot planted the bomb.

2) the So-Called BBC are cunts.

3) What else can we make-up during our beer/skunk/acid/coke/ketamine/mushroom-filled imaginings - and pass-off on DOSBODs as fact...?

So-called "Fake News" actually works better on you bunch of amateur sleuths than it does on the rest of the public "at-large".

As usual, the truth is out there somewhere .

But on the subject of explosions - I'm afraid you won't find it on here...

Peace and love from County Durham.

XYY

2 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

:)

Gerraway and shite, man...!

You lot focus on the following:

1) Please make it a muzzie wot planted the bomb.

2) the So-Called BBC are cunts.

3) What else can we make-up during our beer/skunk/acid/coke/ketamine/mushroom-filled imaginings - and pass-off on DOSBODs as fact...?

So-called "Fake News" actually works better on you bunch of amateur sleuths than it does on the rest of the public "at-large".

As usual, the truth is out there somewhere .

But on the subject of explosions - I'm afraid you won't find it on here...

Peace and love from County Durham.

XYY

Fucking hell, that made me laugh. xD

pretty well observed.