• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

sarahbell

excellent adverts

1 minute ago, UmBongo said:

^ I just saw that one (were you watching Family Guy too @sarahbell ?) I'm not keen on it tbh.

The only recent ones I like are the hotels.com ones with 'Captain Obvious'. I find them pretty witty.

yes family guy.

i think the action men are really camp. Him indoors objects to this idea..

All price comparison websites have purposely shit adverts. ie the singing opera guy, the meerkats, or the bloke in a thong dancing like a hoodrat. I don't really understand why they skirt around advertising what they're about, i.e. saving money. Perhaps because they're all shite at that too. 

I quite like the advert with the older woman playing the drums who looks like a much younger girl from behind. Can't remember what it's for, though.

25 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

All price comparison websites have purposely shit adverts. ie the singing opera guy, the meerkats, or the bloke in a thong dancing like a hoodrat. I don't really understand why they skirt around advertising what they're about, i.e. saving money. Perhaps because they're all shite at that too. 

I quite like the advert with the older woman playing the drums who looks like a much younger girl from behind. Can't remember what it's for, though.

Cadbury's Dairy milk?

45 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Adultwork?

30 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

I had no idea Action Man was so camp.

Had I realised when I was young I wouldn't have played with my doll Action Man.

My Action Man could legitimately compete in the Invictus Games, having sustained serious injuries from numerous campaigns of being chucked off high buildings with a poorly constructed parachute, often with a firework strapped to his arse.

12 minutes ago, Captain Cavey said:

My Action Man could legitimately compete in the Invictus Games, having sustained serious injuries from numerous campaigns of being chucked off high buildings with a poorly constructed parachute, often with a firework strapped to his arse.

I got a load of pretty severe bruises from my brother when he discovered I'd shot his action man with the air rifle (and I could say nothing because wasn't allowed to touch the aforementioned air rifle at that age)

It was always a sore point between us, I was the younger one but being more autistic-ish than him I derided it as his "dolly".

21 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

Funding Circle I think it is. Yeah that's a good ad.

Just now, sarahbell said:

I have not seen that ad.

Sorry I keep putting italics on.

Based on the date of the re-release of the song in the background, Felix's "Don't You Want Me" - a bit of a classic - I think it was from about 1996.

Just now, DTMark said:

Based on the date of the re-release of the song in the background, Felix's "Don't You Want Me" - a bit of a classic - I think it was from about 1996.

Oh I think I was busy with my little boy that year. Didn't watch very much telly at all. Well, eh o. Apart from them.

19 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Oh I think I was busy with my little boy that year. Didn't watch very much telly at all. Well, eh o. Apart from them.

well if you will play with a tinky winky...

Edited by Southmartin

2 hours ago, DTMark said:

1992 for the song, 1997 for the ad.

Edited by This Time
More info