DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

London house prices drop by up to 15% in a year

TheCountOfNowhere

TheCountOfNowhere

I bring you good news from ToS....wont be long till this spreads to the shires now.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/5783975/london-house-prices-drop-wandsworth/

PROPERTY SQUEEZE 

London house prices drop by up to 15% in a year – cutting £100,000 off property prices in Wandsworth

The average homes in Wandsworth - which includes most of Clapham, Balham and Putney - is now worth £685,567 down from £805,460 a year ago

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top of the market already decreasing in the Shires - not quite nosediving yet. Shame Property Bee no longer works I'm seeing anything over £700k odd being reduced several times.

My "Lottery win" house has been reduced again today. It started at £3.5m. http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-71983097.html

The owners are already well into negative equity, as it was sold for £2.5m in 2013...

TheCountOfNowhere
45 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Top of the market already decreasing in the Shires - not quite nosediving yet. Shame Property Bee no longer works I'm seeing anything over £700k odd being reduced several times.

My "Lottery win" house has been reduced again today. It started at £3.5m. http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-71983097.html

The owners are already well into negative equity, as it was sold for £2.5m in 2013...

Pwopatee bee will work if you install the firefox v53.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/53.0/releasenotes/

Dont miss out on the fun.

Round me in Northants, see 1 house sat SSTC for a year now.  3 go on the market, 3 come off, 1 unsold for 6 months. All top end.  no takers.  1 in particular will be in real trouble as they paid £750K for a £200K house.

18 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Round me in Northants, see 1 house sat SSTC for a year now.  3 go on the market, 3 come off, 1 unsold for 6 months. All top end.  no takers.  1 in particular will be in real trouble as they paid £750K for a £200K house.

I don't want to install an old insecure version of Firefox just to use Property Bee, the current owners of PB are tossers, they have decided not to continue development but won't release the sourcecode rights to someone who will. I bet the original author regrets selling it now to them. Such a shame that a useful tool will very likely be lost forever.

I have been considering running it - anyone can run a Firefox extension as they are open source and GNU I believe. Not sure on the Chrome version (if there is one for PB even).

15 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

And it's lying empty !!!

The owners most probably are the bankers.

Close, if you look up the owners online it wasn't hard to find. Finance etc.

TheCountOfNowhere
16 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

I don't want to install an old insecure version of Firefox just to use Property Bee, the current owners of PB are tossers, they have decided not to continue development but won't release the sourcecode rights to someone who will. I bet the original author regrets selling it now to them. Such a shame that a useful tool will very likely be lost forever.

I have been considering running it - anyone can run a Firefox extension as they are open source and GNU I believe. Not sure on the Chrome version (if there is one for PB even)

I expect with the updated Firefox you need to pay a license or for something to be able to install the tool and it's probably not worth it to them.

It is a real shame but I'll continue with v53 till we see house price crash blood on the streets.

Stay tuned to the @housepricemania twitter feed when it unfolds

P.S. You could try running a linux virtual machine under windows and install it on that.  Then there will be no security risk.

On 14/03/2018 at 15:20, spunko2010 said:

It's a shame they wouldn't let you take PB over. >:( Gits.

I tried downloading it the other day but I have the newest version of Firefox and it wouldn't let me.

Wight Flight
44 minutes ago, UmBongo said:

It's a shame they wouldn't let you take PB over. >:( Gits.

I tried downloading it the other day but I have the newest version of Firefox and it wouldn't let me.

How about Property tracker add on for Chrome?

Though I checked my area yesterday - virtually no drops, even on the £750k places that have been on the market for 9 months. Madness.

TheCountOfNowhere
2 hours ago, Cunning Plan said:

How about Property tracker add on for Chrome?

Though I checked my area yesterday - virtually no drops, even on the £750k places that have been on the market for 9 months. Madness.

Give me a vague post code/radius and I'll have a look on PB for comparison's sake

Wight Flight
On 15/03/2018 at 19:10, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Give me a vague post code/radius and I'll have a look on PB for comparison's sake

Try GU24

TheCountOfNowhere
On 3/18/2018 at 09:24, Cunning Plan said:

Try GU24

GU24 + above 700K + 3 miles last 7 days....number of listings :  64

number of drops:  20

% drops = 31%

How does that compare ?

Green Devil
On 3/14/2018 at 15:01, TheCountOfNowhere said:

You dont need to go as far back at 53. I have it running on 1 version last than the current, ie 56.09

• 1 month later...
TheCountOfNowhere

Keep on eye on Surrey would be my advice.  Look at the data coming out of the property lion tool, it's starting to collapse.

TheCountOfNowhere
16 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

Property Lion ( limited history ) picks up:

*** #PropertyLion !!! BIG 15.96% #PriceDrop !!! ***

Address: Coursehorn Lane, Cranbrook, #Kent
InitialPrice: £2350000
Price: £2350000 to £1975000, Down 15.96%
Timestamp: 10-05-2018 09:03:36

www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-53407248.html

If it originally started at £3.5M that's a 44% fall.

Another £500K off and it might be fair value.

One percent
25 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Property Lion ( limited history ) picks up:

*** #PropertyLion !!! BIG 15.96% #PriceDrop !!! ***

Address: Coursehorn Lane, Cranbrook, #Kent
InitialPrice: £2350000
Price: £2350000 to £1975000, Down 15.96%
Timestamp: 10-05-2018 09:03:36

www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-53407248.html

If it originally started at £3.5M that's a 44% fall.

Another £500K off and it might be fair value.

last sold for almost 2.5 million.  ouch  

TheCountOfNowhere
5 minutes ago, One percent said:

last sold for almost 2.5 million.  ouch  

:CryBaby::CryBaby::CryBaby::CryBaby::CryBaby::CryBaby::CryBaby::CryBaby::CryBaby::CryBaby::CryBaby::CryBaby:

When ?

This baby is going down!!!

One percent
8 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

:CryBaby::CryBaby::CryBaby::CryBaby::CryBaby::CryBaby::CryBaby::CryBaby::CryBaby::CryBaby::CryBaby::CryBaby:

When ?

This baby is going down!!!

from rightmove, it says 2013.....  :)

TheCountOfNowhere

Inline with inflation  from 2001 it should be worth around £2.25M.

Inline with wage inflation/cost of living I think 1.5M would be about right.

That's a pretty interesting find,

One percent
19 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Inline with inflation  from 2001 it should be worth around £2.25M.

Inline with wage inflation/cost of living I think 1.5M would be about right.

That's a pretty interesting find,

And I think we will find that a lot of people have been swimming naked when this particular tide goes out.  That place is empty. So it is completely unproductive.  Either died, moved away or been repossessed.  Either way, it must be costing a significant amount of money to keep it empty.  and all the while, the fabric is deteriorating. 

In the words of Status Quo: 'Down down deeper and down'. :Jumping:

Isn't there an interest rate announcement at Noon? Will be interesti g to see what Carnage has to say.

TheCountOfNowhere
29 minutes ago, UmBongo said:

In the words of Status Quo: 'Down down deeper and down'. :Jumping:

Isn't there an interest rate announcement at Noon? Will be interesti g to see what Carnage has to say.

I think we all know what he will say....

Dc0-3BpWkAAxwvn.jpg

He's played a blinder pretending he'd raise rates for 6 years now.

I fully expect him to raise rates when he knows the collapse wont come till he's long gone.

Archived