• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

One percent

End days: EMP coming tomorrow

1 minute ago, Melchett said:

Well, it'll give me an excuse to avoid doing any work?

At least for tomorrow.

I’m wondering whether the establishment will tie it all together with the undetectable bio weapon that they have detected and blame it all on definitely-not-gay Putin. 

Job jobbed

6 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

If I put my phone under my tin foil hat it should be ok, I think?

For an effective faraday cage, you would need to cover your whole body in tin foil and then sit in the oven. 

20 minutes ago, One percent said:

I’m wondering whether the establishment will tie it all together with the undetectable bio weapon that they have detected and blame it all on definitely-not-gay definitely-not-gay Putin. 

Job jobbed

For an effective faraday cage, you would need to cover your whole body in tin foil and then sit in the oven. 

I'm pretty sure cars are a good Faraday cage.

1 minute ago, Carl Fimble said:

Ok, how hot though- gas mark?

5 should be hot enough. 

6 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

The microwave oven is a better place as it is designed as an inside out faraday cage.

I might just chuck all the portable devices in there tonight. Just in case. 

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

5 should be hot enough. 

Don't forget to unplug it, wouldn't want to accidentally set it off with expensive gear in it.

8 minutes ago, One percent said:

Ah.  Placing the iPad in the car tonight then. 

Note to car thieves :

FREE tablets and smart phones with your stolen car!!

Tonight and tomorrow only, this offer is not available from our non-paranoid providers, (jail)terms and conditions apply, please see our website for more information.

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

5 should be hot enough. 

Ok, and for how long, until midnight tomorrow (Wednesday) presumably?

It is a Mielle microwave you have? 

8 minutes ago, This Time said:

Don't forget to unplug it, wouldn't want to accidentally set it off with expensive gear in it.

xD  I probably would fry it all. 

8 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Note to car thieves :

FREE tablets and smart phones with your stolen car!!

Tonight and tomorrow only, this offer is not available from our non-paranoid providers, (jail)terms and conditions apply, please see our website for more information.

Ok, and for how long, until midnight tomorrow (Wednesday) presumably?

It is a Mielle microwave you have? 

Sharp unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, spunko2010 said:

Mail Online "could" = won't. xD

Massive solar storm that will slam Earth TOMORROW could knockout power supplies, damage satellites and trigger stunning auroras

Always bears repeating:

2 hours ago, Wahoo said:

There's evidence that the Earth was hit by plasma from the sun about 11500 years ago. It wiped out civilisations and returned us to the stone age.

Comets, earthquakes, climactic upheaval. There does seem sufficient evidence of fairly sophisticated civilisation in the ice age. It would be useful to know what did for them (and 75% of all megafauna of the time).

3 hours ago, Wahoo said:

There's evidence that the Earth was hit by plasma from the sun about 11500 years ago. It wiped out civilisations and returned us to the stone age.

There may be such evidence of a global catastrophe , but that video was not convincing in any way. 

I've seen all those temples and stones, they're absolutely incredible, and I haven't seen any truly credible explanation regarding how the stonework was done, whether it was the Inca or an earlier civilisation. But more than that can't be said IMO.

5 hours ago, One percent said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5494489/Huge-solar-storm-set-slam-Earth-TOMORROW.html

massive EMP tomorrow that could disrupt electronic items. 

I hope all dosboders have their faraday cages ready. o.O

Fuck! Where did I leave my tfh??? :CryBaby:

3 hours ago, Wahoo said:

Have you been reading Von Däniken again??? o.O