• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Nandos chicken ripoff logo

_100396915_split.jpg

'An independent chicken shop says it is being "bullied" by Nando's because the chain is "threatened" by its success.

The chicken giant has launched legal action, accusing Fernando's in Reading of copying its name and images.'

'He told the So-Called BBC: "They are bullying me. It's such a worry; I'm just an independent business owner.

"I thought I would start something new, a brand of my own but now this has created such a storm."'

Actually, I think the chicken motif is fairly generic as a national symbol -- which, in my book, means that if you use the national symbol rather than the specific trademark version you should be okay (stupid them for using a generic symbol).

But Fernando's for a chicken restaurant is overstepping the mark -- stupid them for thinking they should get away with it.

1 minute ago, dgul said:

Actually, I think the chicken motif is fairly generic as a national symbol -- which, in my book, means that if you use the national symbol rather than the specific trademark version you should be okay (stupid them for using a generic symbol).

But Fernando's for a peri-peri chicken restaurant is overstepping the mark -- stupid them for thinking they should get away with it.

In other examples recently, a person in court states that all asylum seekers lie about everything and everything.  Says definitely 18 year old definitely Iraqi whose parents definitely died because of nasty westerners and who definitely didn't plant a bomb to kill people because he was definitely confused through watching tv.

Surprising that the #vilebbc is even covering this obvious case of plagiarism.

Telford, anyone?

Also, you know the peri peri fad is dying out once people like that start opening restaurants selling it.

Just now, spunko2010 said:

Surprising that the #vilebbc is even covering this obvious case of plagiarism.

Telford, anyone?

Is there another Nandos in Telford or something ...anyway  I have been reading and watching all about the heinous 'hate crime' where an old white man has abused and assaulted a poor innocent young girl by .... spitting at her. This vile and disturbing case of abuse by a while male who is probably racist as well is most worrying so it is quite rightly the top story on all the media. I just hope some caring MP will raise an urgent question in parliment and all MPs will be summoned to hold an all-party emergency debate on this issue.

I'm reasonably relaxed about it..  It is a Nando's knock off,  sure,  but nobody is going to one second believe that it actually IS Nandos or in any way affiliated.

The chicken image they use is a very common cultural symbol in Portugal so they can't really claim to own it:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=portuguese+chicken+ceramics&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi_3MLyv-nZAhWELsAKHRbCAEwQ_AUICigB&biw=2560&bih=1310

I don't really know why Nandos feel threatened by this,    it looks like a humorous knock off..   who cares ?   You can't really push everyone out of business who wants to open a Portuguese chicken restaurant.  

4 minutes ago, spygirl said:

The Portguese chicken is a national symbol.

However the Nando-ey bit, the colour of the logo, the style/colour scheme of the eatery is totally ripoff/designed to confuse.

Come on Spy..   you can't honestly be saying you'd walk in there by accident thinking it was the actual real Nandos ?!

1 minute ago, Libspero said:

Come on Spy..   you can't honestly be saying you'd walk in there by accident thinking it was the actual real Nandos ?!

I wouldn’t walk in a proper Nando’s so I definitely will not be eating in the knockoff one

34 minutes ago, Libspero said:

I'm reasonably relaxed about it..  It is a Nando's knock off,  sure,  but nobody is going to one second believe that it actually IS Nandos or in any way affiliated.

The chicken image they use is a very common cultural symbol in Portugal so they can't really claim to own it:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=portuguese+chicken+ceramics&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi_3MLyv-nZAhWELsAKHRbCAEwQ_AUICigB&biw=2560&bih=1310

I don't really know why Nandos feel threatened by this,    it looks like a humorous knock off..   who cares ?   You can't really push everyone out of business who wants to open a Portuguese chicken restaurant.  

Didn't know it was a cultural symbol. Although to be fair, I don't know if the two owners knew that either! xD