• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Great Guy

Last time you had a bath?

I reckon I've not had a bath for twenty years... I shower each "school" day though.

Anyone here going to admit they're environmental terrorists by bathing in 200 litres of water heated by fossil fuels?

12 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

I reckon I've not had a bath for twenty years... I shower each "school" day though.

Anyone here going to admit they're environmental terrorists by bathing in 200 litres of water heated by fossil fuels?

I had a shower and then a bath this morning after my son was sick on me at 6am.

I like baths, probably have one a week on average though I would like to have more. Showers are quicker but baths are better, though if I have a bath I normally have at least a rinse in the shower afterwards.

Can't remember. About five years ago, I think. 

I've never liked baths as I associate them with the freezing cold bathroom of my childhood.

Oddly enough I do like a cold shower though, even in winter. I take my shower 'submarine style' to save on water and heating. 

I pretty much only bathe; I think I only shower in hotels.

I've decided that humans evolution follows the 'waterside ape' theory, rather than the 'out of the Savannah' theory.  I've developed this theory to bathing -- there is an evolutionary imperative for regular total immersion in water for a decent amount of time, in order to keep skin, hair and stuff properly clean.  According to my theory 'incredibly frequent immersion in a shower of water' is only relatively recent from an evolutionary perspective (even if being Welsh means that my ancestors were exposed to incredibly frequent showers of water), and doesn't count.

Most days.  My shower is crap otherwise I would probably shower more often instead.  My girlfriend is obsessed with the bath, she bathes everyday often twice a day O.o.  I was going to get a water meter, I won't be bothering now she's moved in.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Great Guy said:

I only have baths as I find showers too stimulating and have two worn out collapsed discs.

I specially vet all electrons that enter my house and only use windy ones or those from controlled nuclear fission.

The government says nuclear is green, I don't believe this as there is nowhere to get rid of the shit but let them in anyway cos' I believe the government, honest....

Edited by Chewing Grass
p.s. you can do things with a bar of soap in the bath that you cannot in the shower

1 hour ago, Great Guy said:

I love  a hot bath. Had one fairly recently but only in conjunction with two boiling kettles of water. Boiler is in need of a beating.

Posted (edited)

I presently have no choice but to have a bath to get clean. The council's contractors are due to upgrade it later this year.  I really hope they will get tiled to the ceiling and install a shower for me (at least one that goes from a mixer tap).

NB: photo was taken after I picked up the keys in November. I've given it a quick slap of paint & changed the loo seat. The cast iron bath and WC pan look like the originals from 1969. It would have had a high level cistern originally and the basin looks like it's been replaced at some point.

At my previous digs where I had the choice of bath or shower, I would tend to shower but have the odd bath...usually at the weekend.

20171121_120626.jpg

Edited by UmBongo
'slab' of paint??

2 hours ago, Great Guy said:

Yep. Generally do it when my legs are feeling worse for wear after cycling. Definitely feels good and seems to aid recovery. Put a new tub in a few years back that was quite wide (good for showering) and thought it would cool down too quickly, but it keeps the temperature surprisingly well. I can spend an hour soaking in my own juices reading with one top off... tend to shower off after though :) 

37 minutes ago, Cosmic Apple said:

Yep. Generally do it when my legs are feeling worse for wear after cycling. Definitely feels good and seems to aid recovery. Put a new tub in a few years back that was quite wide (good for showering) and thought it would cool down too quickly, but it keeps the temperature surprisingly well. I can spend an hour soaking in my own juices reading with one top off... tend to shower off after though :) 

How modest. Most people take all their tops off, and their pants too. B|

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MrPin said:

Why not fill your swimming pool with hot water, and have a bath in that?

Tight cunt just can't justify spending his money on that amount of Radox...?

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man