• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Great Guy

Last time you had a bath?

3 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Carpeted bathrooms were a fashion from late 70s to late 80s I think. The idea was probably to make the room feel warmer, but after a few years everyone realised the carpets just went mouldy and/or got covered in piss, hair, talcum powder etc. 

The separate lav (the 'smallest room') was the norm in British houses from about 1870 (when indoor lavs became common) to the 1960s. I think the integration with the bathroom probably came about because it took up less space and was easier/cheaper to heat with a single radiator once central heating became common. 

It's still bloody disgusting and unhygeinic, and there is no need for the toilet to be super warm, it's not healthy to sit for hours with your anus stretched, do some exercise or eat more healthily if that is necessary. I don't want a microfilm of faecal bacteria over everything in the room where we try to get clean. Toilets in bathrooms belong in Room 101..:Old: 

And another thing, the Froggies are right about bidets too. 

Just now, swissy_fit said:

It's still bloody disgusting and unhygeinic, and there is no need for the toilet to be super warm, it's not healthy to sit for hours with your anus stretched, do some exercise or eat more healthily if that is necessary. I don't want a microfilm of faecal bacteria over everything in the room where we try to get clean. Toilets in bathrooms belong in Room 101..:Old: 

Isn't that largely contained by putting the lid down before flushing? 

As for bidets, or 'little French toilets', the effect can be reproduced as Sid James said in 'Carry on at your convenience' by standing on your head in the shower. 

3 hours ago, Cosmic Apple said:

Wet wipes.

Remember not to flush them tho! (Bad for the environment in any case I think as not biogradable like loo paper is?) So just dampen some toilet paper, and then flush that?

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, DTMark said:

We have one of those pedestal mat things in front of the toilet.

It moves about. But then I don't think the solution to that is to superglue it to the floor.

Correct - as you are suppose to wash it in the washing machine occasionally!  :D

13 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

I'm going to hazard a guess that most females are not gonna agree with you on that point! (Can we have a poll to see?!)

Edited by whocares

25 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

And yet miraculously we are all still here!

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, whocares said:

Correct - as you are suppose to wash it in the washing machine occasionally!  :D

I'm going to hazard a guess that most females are not gonna agree with you on that point! (Can we have a poll to see?!)

You should start a threat entitled "Oh hello, how do you poo?" and have the poll there.

May I suggest the following options to the question of toilet room temperature :

a- Roasting, I like to poo with no/few clothes on, and can't handle being cold.

b- Pretty warm, I'm a bit of a lightweight when push comes to shove.

c- Normal room temperature, I'm keen on Goldilocks pooing- not too warm, not to cold.

d- Fairly chilly, I like to wear lots of clothes while pooing, for some reason.

e- Freezing, I'm as hard as a tempered diamond and/or all environmentaly minded when pooing.

f- I couldn't give a shit.

Or some shit...

💩 

Edited by Carl Fimble
removing the merged post

1 hour ago, swissy_fit said:

What is the state of your skin? Mine would be dry and itchy and possibly painful if I did that.

Waste of time and bad for you to bathe/shower all the time - a quick shower after sport and a bidet wash front and back every day is enough. Also unless you have a particularly unpleasant odour you will be more attractive to ladies.

Most germaphobes know this but do it anyway, because it makes them feel better. I can see how people shower 3 or 4 times a day, I have to stop myself from showering more than once a day unless absolutely necessary.

1 hour ago, whocares said:

Remember not to flush them tho! (Bad for the environment in any case I think as not biogradable like loo paper is?) So just dampen some toilet paper, and then flush that?

No, bin them. Iirc they are biodegradable but made from tougher fibers than loo paper so don't disintegrate in the sewage pipes, where as loo paper just becomes mush and mixes with the water/shit very quickly.

1 hour ago, Austin Allegro said:

As for bidets, or 'little French toilets', the effect can be reproduced as Sid James said in 'Carry on at your convenience' by standing on your head in the shower. 

Wouldn't that have the unfortunate result of your own dislodged clingons running up your nose?