• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Wight Flight

Britain First banned from facebook

I still feel we lack a decent non-yobbish properly nationalist party like AfD.  Maybe this is as a result of the political repression that operates in the UK.  I hoped that UKIP might eveolve into this but without Nigel Farage it's a spent force.

I agree with a lot of what Britain First stands for but the unavoidable reality is that they are trying to, howveer bravely, pick street fights rather than behaving in a politic manner to become a genuine political force.

Oh, and Facebook is a shite platform for harvesting your personal data.  Keep off it.

Forgetting that Facebook is government controlled as a theory for a second. 

It is a private company owned by shareholders, and it has policies that the group breached. If one behaves badly in a pub, the landlord has a right to refuse you entry on the private property. It is the same with a privately owned website.

The offenses comitted by the group are detailed in the B.B.C link.

The social media company says it removes hate speech against people based on their race, religion, gender and other characteristics.

Its community standards document states: "Organisations and people dedicated to promoting hatred against these protected groups are not allowed a presence on Facebook."

Edited by 201p

I think someone should start a new political party called Everybody Else First which is completely selfless but only true Brits would understand as they have a sense of humour and irony lost on the rest of the world.

Obviously as its a political party they can do whatever they want once elected.

Everybody Else First (tm) ChewingGrass 14/3/18.

I've mentioned before that some elderly people often used to say their TV was watching them.

One of their seemingly strange behaviours would be never to turn off their televisions while BBC played the national anthem, always waiting for the continuous tone which used to be a warning to switch off and not leave the set on all night. Back then TVs had valves and live circuits inside (not a detailed description, I know) and would 'go on fire'.

With Smart Tvs, Alexa, Siri and all these voice activated devices at home, in the car, and in your pocket, often with app permissions granted to access your camera, microphone, pictures, messages and location. Now they really are watching us and recording everything into the cloud. Philip K Dick believed his radio was talking to him with messages from beings, now it is.

I have noticed ads popping up relating to things I have been talking about in front of my phone. One example, Leeds University, I have never searched for Leeds University, or looked at courses on computational fluid dynamics, or Andrew Shovlin being an alumni. I have talked about this in front of my phone.

I know I'm not mad, because Samsung and others were accused of collecting SMART TV data.

I am convinced Google, Facebook, and the rest are government data mining ops. 

4 hours ago, Cunning Plan said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-43398417

Probably an unwise move. In reality, Hmgov should really be asking itself why they had 2m followers (twice that of Labour)

And then ask themselves where will these followers go to now?

It may have been smarter to keep them all in plain sight.

There`s a plan for sure ,and its to suppress the truth ,will it work im not to sure of that, how may staff have twitter got ,i see it like the annual Christmas drink driving crack down,make an example of a few and hope the rest shut the fuck up  

Edited by Long time lurking

4 hours ago, Cunning Plan said:

'Hate speech' is such a wonderful, all encompassing term.

I think John Bercow is a total twat and should never be allowed to be seen or heard in public again. Does that count?

would make a good car sticker

4 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

I still feel we lack a decent non-yobbish properly nationalist party like AfD.  Maybe this is as a result of the political repression that operates in the UK.  I hoped that UKIP might eveolve into this but without Nigel Farage it's a spent force.

I agree with a lot of what Britain First stands for but the unavoidable reality is that they are trying to, howveer bravely, pick street fights rather than behaving in a politic manner to become a genuine political force.

Oh, and Facebook is a shite platform for harvesting your personal data.  Keep off it.

That`s what the establishment want ,it`s the only way they can get any exposure,+ no threat to them just look what they have done to UKIP in the past

I realy think they know they are toast the minute a party with the attributes you outline have a legitimate soap box to stand on so they will use every dirty trick available to them  

1 hour ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

I've mentioned before that some elderly people often used to say their TV was watching them.

One of their seemingly strange behaviours would be never to turn off their televisions while BBC played the national anthem, always waiting for the continuous tone which used to be a warning to switch off and not leave the set on all night. Back then TVs had valves and live circuits inside (not a detailed description, I know) and would 'go on fire'.

With Smart Tvs, Alexa, Siri and all these voice activated devices at home, in the car, and in your pocket, often with app permissions granted to access your camera, microphone, pictures, messages and location. Now they really are watching us and recording everything into the cloud. Philip K Dick believed his radio was talking to him with messages from beings, now it is.

I have noticed ads popping up relating to things I have been talking about in front of my phone. One example, Leeds University, I have never searched for Leeds University, or looked at courses on computational fluid dynamics, or Andrew Shovlin being an alumni. I have talked about this in front of my phone.

I know I'm not mad, because Samsung and others were accused of collecting SMART TV data.

I am convinced Google, Facebook, and the rest are government data mining ops. 

Well the US gov were  part funding the TOR browser that is the gateway to the dark web 

1 hour ago, Chewing Grass said:

I think someone should start a new political party called Everybody Else First which is completely selfless but only true Brits would understand as they have a sense of humour and irony lost on the rest of the world.

Obviously as its a political party they can do whatever they want once elected.

Everybody Else First (tm) ChewingGrass 14/3/18.

You`re at it already :Old:

10 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Steve Crowder has had his twitter and youtube accounts suspended. Apparently people unknown claimed he is a bigot.

This is sinister stuff.

@scrowder

Watched the video that got him banned, thought it was hilarious (Chap identifying as a computer at some safe space meeting)

edited: should have read the whole thread!

Edited by Fossildog

3 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

Don't forget they invented TOR too...

Really ..i always thought it would be rather convenient to have all the dodgy stuff in one place 

I had the same thoughts with the Apple phone unlocking debacle ..it screamed use apple they are safe 

On 14/3/2018 at 18:53, Cunning Plan said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-43398417

In reality, Hmgov should really be asking itself why they had 2m followers (twice that of Labour)

And then ask themselves where will these followers go to now?

They got 2m followers through postings of banal but innocuous stuff that morons would automatically "like" and that weren't representative of their real agenda. The morons will now go back to liking posts about football and kittens.

BF technically played a blinder in using social media they way they did but ultimately they failed to follow it up with anything of substance.

On 3/14/2018 at 19:19, 201p said:

Forgetting that Facebook is government controlled as a theory for a second. 

It is a private company owned by shareholders, and it has policies that the group breached. If one behaves badly in a pub, the landlord has a right to refuse you entry on the private property. It is the same with a privately owned website.

The offenses comitted by the group are detailed in the B.B.C link.

The social media company says it removes hate speech against people based on their race, religion, gender and other characteristics.

Its community standards document states: "Organisations and people dedicated to promoting hatred against these protected groups are not allowed a presence on Facebook."

and what people dont realise is that the landlord doesnt even need to give you a reason why he doesnt want you on his premises

30 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

That report makes it sound like it's just Trump and the Rebublicans that use big data and fear mongering ads in order to garner votes. 

This ad was run in the recent virginia elections. It won the Democrats the election.