• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

SpectrumFX

The Police embarrassing themselves on social media

Why do the Police keep embarrassing themselves on social media?

In this example they provide a butter knife as an example of a siezed deadly weapon, and are torn apart in the comments. It's almost like they're doing it in on purpose. Do they just not understand the medium?

6 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/01/05/police-wrong-say-satnavs-must-bottom-right-windscreen-corner/

Police force guilty of misdirection by claiming satnavs must be in bottom right corner of a windscreen

This was a twitter.

Or should it be called a twatter?

Know what they're getting at, though.

I've seen people with the sat nav stuck to the middle of the windscreen which clearly blocks the view of the road - at least, a small portion of it, which might just be critical.

If you're going to put the thing on the windscreen (instead of the central console part below) then, in a right hand drive car, about the only place it can go is in the bottom right hand corner.

Maybe it's just poorly worded

7 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/01/05/police-wrong-say-satnavs-must-bottom-right-windscreen-corner/

Police force guilty of misdirection by claiming satnavs must be in bottom right corner of a windscreen

This was a twitter.

Or should it be called a twatter?

My faith in the establishment, of which the police is part, has long gone. 

I’ve now arrived at the position that anarchy would be a better bet for organising society. 

8 minutes ago, DTMark said:

Know what they're getting at, though.

I've seen people with the sat nav stuck to the middle of the windscreen which clearly blocks the view of the road - at least, a small portion of it, which might just be critical.

If you're going to put the thing on the windscreen (instead of the central console part below) then, in a right hand drive car, about the only place it can go is in the bottom right hand corner.

Maybe it's just poorly worded

It showed a police windscreen with loads of previous marks where the satnav had been - wrongly positioned with the satnav tucked into the corner of the window.

Just now, SpectrumFX said:

That's the thing. It's such an open goal, that you get page after page of mockery belittling them. Much of which is genuinely very funny.

Surely they must be doing it on purpose?

I don't know - why would they want to make themselves look like utter numpties? Have they no shame?

I sometimes wonder if the constant mockery/aggressive messages to the authorities across social media make them think everyone is against them (and they react accordingly), when in reality 99.9% of people are just getting on with their lives.

I mean, just look at the barrage of abuse most MP's get on their twitter feeds! It must affect them. If I were running a political party I would not allow my MP's to use it.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SpectrumFX said:

Why do the Police keep embarrassing themselves on social media?

In this example they provide a butter knife as an example of a siezed deadly weapon, and are torn apart in the comments. It's almost like they're doing it in on purpose. Do they just not understand the medium?

Is that one of those machetes you keep reading about in the press?  One less on the streets and now in the safe hand of the law.

Edited by twocents

1 hour ago, twocents said:

Is that one of those machetes you keep reading about in the press?  One less on the streets and now in the safe hand of the law.

Why would anyone carry one of those on them? Perhaps they were worried they might feel like to butter a sandwich whilst they are out.

I daresay I could cause you a nasty injury with it.

Another of Chubby's jokes:

I was walking home last night and this fellow came up to me with a knife and told me to 'stick em up'.

Must of been a local lad. The knife still had butter on it.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Why would anyone carry one of those on them? Perhaps they were worried they might feel like to butter a sandwich whilst they are out.

In all likelyhood they took it off some teenage idiot mong "gang member" who actually did intend to do harm with it (and were right to do so) rather than an old lady out for a picnic.

It's all about context. We don't get any. All we see is a policeman holding a butter knife. 

It's just not good public relations.

They're making their own "the police are a joke" memes and posing them on social media.

O.o

Edited by SpectrumFX

1 hour ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Perhaps they felt they might want a McDonalds but didn't like eating without a knife and fork?

(My father did used to demand cutlery in McDonalds)

35 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

If they don’t crack down on this now, it will only spread.

People are really milking this now aren't they?

36 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

If they don’t crack down on this now, it will only spread.

Go on, It's your churn.