• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

Charity plastic bags

Just now, One percent said:

I love them. They make excellent rubbish bags now that the shops charge for bags. :)

Well I feel terrible for doing it, but I used one this week for emptying all the bins in. It is terrible to use a bag for putting rubbish in though. 

Years ago I took all of my charity bags to be recycled at a local supermarket, couldn't find any provision... so took 'em home, and they sat under the sink.... then Cameron did a bit of virtue signalling, no more free shopping bags, and so these charity bags are now used for my rubbish. Got a bit of a way to go to use them up...! 

18 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Well I feel terrible for doing it, but I used one this week for emptying all the bins in. It is terrible to use a bag for putting rubbish in though. 

Did you put it outside your door after you filled it with rubbish?   :D

dont feel guilty, I’m convinced it’s another charitee scam 

Just now, One percent said:

Did you put it outside your door after you filled it with rubbish?   :D

dont feel guilty, I’m convinced it’s another charitee scam 

No, I hadn't thought of leaving the rubbish for the charity. I stick it in the grey bin, so it doesn't really need to be wrapped up.

I use them as rubbish bags. Most of them are from fake charities.

Feck, now i hve to get the dyson out to hover up the plastic.

I campaigned several years back for Swansea to start plastic collections. I was very keen on it. Now, I don't give a feck as the Council is bending over backwards in the past year to put us off recycling plastic. There is no money in it for them and they keep changing the rules.

I also had  20-something chugger knock on my door this afternoon. Very pretty, very naive. I asked her if she knew about Oxfam execs rogering kids or numerous NGO's bringing over tens of thousands of migrants which are a direct threat to her as a female. She looked at me as if she had knocked on the door of Henrich Himmler. I explained that I used to be Liberal... but we were speaking different languages...

I am increasingly moving to I don't give a f...!

2 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I campaigned several years back for Swansea to start plastic collections. I was very keen on it. Now, I don't give a feck as the Council is bending over backwards in the past year to put us off recycling plastic. There is no money in it for them and they keep changing the rules.

I also had  20-something chugger knock on my door this afternoon. Very pretty, very naive. I asked her if she knew about Oxfam execs rogering kids or numerous NGO's bringing over tens of thousands of migrants which are a direct threat to her as a female. She looked at me as if she had knocked on the door of Henrich Himmler. I explained that I used to be Liberal... but we were speaking different languages...

xD

im ahead of you in the dont give a fuck stakes. 

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

xD

im ahead of you in the dont give a fuck stakes. 

I have friends who do secret squirrel stuff for Queen & Country. Since about 2005ish they have been paid big bonuses not to buy themselves out or just leave at end of service.

Last year most of them wanted to stay in the UK despite being offered fantastic opportunities by our friends in the Colonies. Now, looking at retired soldiers from the 70's to 90's being investigated for what they did in NI, they are seeing how the UK will be 20 or 30 years from now... and suddenly the appeal of a new home and life in North Carolina appeals to them enormously. They are thinking mainly of their kids.

My point being... some of our best don't give a f... anymore... and I am not taking about plastic bags...

I've had a stressful day... have had a glass of bourbon early... Heck, we all could be dead tomorrow... I need some lime.

14 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I have friends who do secret squirrel stuff for Queen & Country. Since about 2005ish they have been paid big bonuses not to buy themselves out or just leave at end of service.

Last year most of them wanted to stay in the UK despite being offered fantastic opportunities by our friends in the Colonies. Now, looking at retired soldiers from the 70's to 90's being investigated for what they did in NI, they are seeing how the UK will be 20 or 30 years from now... and suddenly the appeal of a new home and life in North Carolina appeals to them enormously. They are thinking mainly of their kids.

My point being... some of our best don't give a f... anymore... and I am not taking about plastic bags...

I've had a stressful day... have had a glass of bourbon early... Heck, we all could be dead tomorrow... I need some lime.

Yes. Either the EMP will get us or the germ warfare on our streets.  

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

Sadly, I don’t seem to get many and my supply has run out. 

We got one recently for children's air ambulance. Does such a thing exist? What kind of bastards wouldn't turn out for grown adults?

53 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

You should have just offered her a crusty roll.

This probably belongs on the "skinflint" thread, but by the time I've decided I've had enough wear out of my clothes, sending them to Africa could justifiably be described as racism.

I get loads of these bags through the post, and I'm afraid I'm too embarrassed to use them as bin-bags, so just throw them away. After reading this thread, though, I'll engage the rational part of my brain and make use of them.

Just now, BurntBread said:

This probably belongs on the "skinflint" thread, but by the time I've decided I've had enough wear out of my clothes, sending them to Africa could justifiably be described as racism.

I get loads of these bags through the post, and I'm afraid I'm too embarrassed to use them as bin-bags, so just throw them away. After reading this thread, though, I'll engage the rational part of my brain and make use of them.

I use them in my kitchen bin, then seal them and stick them into a black bag in the garage. When black bag is full it goes out. This saves me having to use lots of half-full black bags - which I have to pay for - full of smelly kitchen stuff.