• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Bus Stop Boxer

Soundtrack to my brain right now.

11 hours ago, DTMark said:

I think I listened to some Neil Young once and thought it was music to slit your wrists to.

I like that one.

Though he does look like he wants to kill someone.

You did. This: :) I think it's brilliant.

18 minutes ago, NTB said:

You did. This: :) I think it's brilliant.

;)

I can't remember what I said about that one last time. But I doubt it was very positive. Did I say that it reminds me of that godawful theme tune from "MASH" (if memory serves) with some diabolical singing over the top of it?

7 hours ago, DTMark said:

;)

I can't remember what I said about that one last time. But I doubt it was very positive. Did I say that it reminds me of that godawful theme tune from "MASH" (if memory serves) with some diabolical singing over the top of it?

Quite possibly. You're a hard one to please... B|

Nothing worse than going to see a band and all the twats around you clap along off the beat and sing along out of tune using the wrong words.

Most artists encourage them.

Neil Young warns them unless they stop doing it he won't continue.

For that alone he's a legend.

On 15/03/2018 at 17:47, shindigger said:

Feel free to move to music type section as and when. Lyrics are spot on btw.

Play loud.

Neil Young is the closest i will ever get to religion.

What a nice guitar. I have one a bit likr that.

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 18:59, NTB said:

Quite possibly. You're a hard one to please... B|

(pantomime style) "Oh no I'm, not!"

OK, actually, yes, I am. I am a picky, difficult to please individual. (And, for clarity: not being facetious)

Even I don't know what I like with what you might call a degree of "consistency" :)

Mind you, YouTube is playing back my history playlist ATM and Rickie Lee Jones has just come on with the marvellous "Last Chance Texaco". The track before it was a trance one. It's all a bit.. random.

To slightly misquote Robert Langdon in 'Angels and Demons', "My heart tells me that Neil Young is a gift I am yet to receive".

7 hours ago, DTMark said:

(pantomime style) "Oh no I'm, not!"

OK, actually, yes, I am. I am a picky, difficult to please individual. (And, for clarity: not being facetious)

Even I don't know what I like with what you might call a degree of "consistency" :)

Mind you, YouTube is playing back my history playlist ATM and Rickie Lee Jones has just come on with the marvellous "Last Chance Texaco". The track before it was a trance one. It's all a bit.. random.

To slightly misquote Robert Langdon in 'Angels and Demons', "My heart tells me that Neil Young is a gift I am yet to receive".

He's a tricky one to get into from the direction of dance music, that's for sure. I can't say that I love all of his stuff and his back catalogue is so huge I've only heard a fraction of it anyway, but he's one of those artists that is hugely respected, not least because of his attitude. 

How about one more try:

On 16/03/2018 at 19:08, Bedrag Justesen said:

Nothing worse than going to see a band and all the twats around you clap along off the beat and sing along out of tune using the wrong words.

Most artists encourage them.

Neil Young warns them unless they stop doing it he won't continue.

For that alone he's a legend.

Saw him at some hall near westminster plying his Greendale album years ago.

No talking aloud allowed.

Reverence.

Electric or unplugged the man is the Lord God King.

1 hour ago, NTB said:

He's a tricky one to get into from the direction of dance music, that's for sure. I can't say that I love all of his stuff and his back catalogue is so huge I've only heard a fraction of it anyway, but he's one of those artists that is hugely respected, not least because of his attitude. 

How about one more try:

He creeps up on you. Then bang you're done. Wrecking Ball is another good one off that album. As is the more obvious "rockin in the free world". 

15 hours ago, NTB said:

How about one more try:

Like that one. I'm not hearing "magic", though. It's... alright. It goes along and then it finishes. It's not exactly early Springsteen, is it. Do like the "soundscape" that one creates.

I guess Dire Straits liked it too.. "Sultans of Swing", was it.. (operating on the periphery of my musical knowledge here!)

On Thursday, March 15, 2018 at 23:28, DTMark said:

I think I listened to some Neil Young once and thought it was music to slit your wrists to.

I like that one.

Though he does look like he wants to kill someone.

The music you post is something that is only listenable when you're smashed out of your mind on Keith Vaz's poppers. 

3 minutes ago, Charles Carter said:

The music you post is something that is only listenable when you're smashed out of your mind on Keith Vaz's poppers. 

In the main, probably. Though I'd point out that I've never done poppers.

Why not try my favourite track of 2017... "Between the Road and the Stars" and let me know ;)

7 minutes ago, Charles Carter said:

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out tomorrow.  All the best 

The problem that I seem to have is that while I have some genre preferences, and rule almost nothing out apart from almost all garage and all grime which do nothing for me, there is no obvious pattern of what hits the spot. Indeed there's a thread called something like "Musical Comparison" in the music thread where I question this.

The track above brings me close to tears. As does some banging electronica at times.

It makes it extremely frustrating for people trying to recommend music to me. That said, I set about a bit of a project to expand my musical horizons some years back with a member on here and as a result picked up a couple of new, all-time favourite tracks well outside my normal "sphere". Which was the objective. Nothing was removed, but something was added.

If I were to post my favourite of 2018 in isolation I'd prove the point you made.

Edited by DTMark
Missing word. It's late.

5 hours ago, DTMark said:

The problem that I seem to have is that while I have some genre preferences, and rule almost nothing out apart from almost all garage and all grime which do nothing for me, there is no obvious pattern of what hits the spot. Indeed there's a thread called something like "Musical Comparison" in the music thread where I question this.

The track above brings me close to tears. As does some banging electronica at times.

It makes it extremely frustrating for people trying to recommend music to me. That said, I set about a bit of a project to expand my musical horizons some years back with a member on here and as a result picked up a couple of new, all-time favourite tracks well outside my normal "sphere". Which was the objective. Nothing was removed, but something was added.

If I were to post my favourite of 2018 in isolation I'd prove the point you made.

You can name me, it's not a secret! :)

The results were surprising e.g. Pink Floyd - The Wall, but very difficult to categorise into a genre. Some prog, Indie with jangly wall of sound guitars and specific high quality singer/songwriter tracks is the best I can do as a description. All in all an interesting challenge! :)

14 hours ago, NTB said:

You can name me, it's not a secret! :)

The results were surprising e.g. Pink Floyd - The Wall, but very difficult to categorise into a genre. Some prog, Indie with jangly wall of sound guitars and specific high quality singer/songwriter tracks is the best I can do as a description. All in all an interesting challenge! :)

Thanks. It's for you to "out" yourself, not for me to tell everyone in case you didn't want me to do so :) 

A very good summary. Perhaps Peter Gabriel was the biggest surprise? And, for me, a worthwhile exercise. You can probably guess that a fair amount of my spare time has been devoted to language learning at the moment, but it's something I'll come back to.