DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sleaford Mods

JFK

Anyone like these? Discovered these guys last year via radio 6, been listening to them for a bit. Remind me very much of The Fall (one of my fave bands), mixed with a bit of John Cooper Clarke and The Streets.

Touring in October near me, might try and catch them for a hectic gig

Sleaford Mods are the white 'Public Enemy'. I used to love Public Enemy - Fight the Power still a great piece of music. Now, thanks to Black Lives Matter shite, I can't listen to Public Enemy without thinking it's an attack on me - a white bald short ugly bastard.

• 1 month later...

The anger/aggression in Jobseeker and the rhythm in No One's Bothered reminds me a lot of early 80s punk, a bit 4Skins and Varukers. Saw them live 6 months ago but most of the set passed me by in a blur, I just don't get their rap-like stuff.

Edited by Panther
  • Agree 1

Frank Hovis

They're the firts new band that has had me pricking up me ears for twenty years.  Some of it's average but the stand-out tracks are excellent.

Jobseeker (above) and Tied up in Nottz being the absolute dogs' IMHO.

• Agree 2

43 minutes ago, Fischer said:

This is great. Amazed how old they are and how long it's taken them to make it. Both in their late 40s.

43 minutes ago, Fischer said:

This is great. Amazed how old they are and how long it's taken them to make it. Both in their late 40s.

You sure you've got the right posting this time? Silly Cunt.

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/06/2017 at 02:41, Panther said:

The anger/aggression in Jobseeker and the rhythm in No One's Bothered reminds me a lot of early 80s punk, a bit 4Skins and Varukers. Saw them live 6 months ago but most of the set passed me by in a blur, I just don't get their rap-like stuff.

They are stand out tracks.

Watch the Jools Holland appearances and Jobseeker for the stripped down, bile, everything-put-into-it feel. 

Very refreshing

On 01/06/2017 at 10:41, Frank Hovis said:

They're the firts new band that has had me pricking up me ears for twenty years.  Some of it's average but the stand-out tracks are excellent.

Jobseeker (above) and Tied up in Nottz being the absolute dogs' IMHO.

I love Tied up, it's got a really hypnotic beat that just makes you wants to get up and move around

• Agree 1

On 02/06/2017 at 01:44, Tabasco Kid said:

Sure you don't mean ...

On 02/06/2017 at 01:44, Tabasco Kid said:

On 23/06/2017 at 21:31, The Idiocrat said:

Just watching now at Glastonbury. Put the kids to shame - where are the angry young bands?!

It was a good set.

They're touring near me in October, think I'll be along to see them - get some cider down me and make sure I've got my army boots on for a bit of argy-bargy on the dancefloor.

• Agree 2

On 23/06/2017 at 23:13, Tabasco Kid said:

Good band. The only chink in the armour of the Sleaford Mods is that they support Labour. By rights, they should be supporting UKIP.

It is a bit odd, they're all about how the working class have been abandoned and how Liebore don't represent them.

• Agree 1

Frank Hovis
4 hours ago, JFK said:

It is a bit odd, they're all about how the working class have been abandoned and how Liebore don't represent them.

I've only read interviews with the singer and he's very clear that he doesn't back Labour; he doesn't feel anyone is representing the working classes.

• Agree 2

One percent
3 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

And he is correct.

And no-one really represents the *working* middle-class either - they just throw them a few bones and a bit of lip-service every now and again.

There is a massive opportunity for a new political party to fill this gaping vacuum.

And there are a few people posting on DOSBODs who would make excellent choices for their front-bench team.

Must admit that I'm rather keen on the back-bench Dennis Skinner role myself...!

;)

XYY

Come on then, you and pinny set it up and we will all fall into line behind you.  

We would need a name.

Tooting national front?

On 02/07/2017 at 15:28, The XYY Man said:

Alas, I cannot be lead - and as such - neither can I be a leader...!

I might manage being bit of a "cat-herder" though - I've years of experience in that having worked in the UK since I was 16...!

Tell you one thing though.

The two-hundred-and-odd DOSBODs posters are a much better cross-section of the current UK public than the six-hundred-and-forty-nine cunts we currently have "representing" us.

I say six-hundred-and-forty-nine because the eighty-five year-old "Beast of Bolsover" Dennis Skinner still does represent the likes of me.

The only man - or woman - among the current crop of gurning buffoons passing themselves off as UK MPs who is deserving of the epithet "Right Honourable Gentleman"...!

XYY

outa reps