• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
stokiescum

st patrics day

well i aint siting in the house all weekend and ive decided to avoid meeting real irish sorts by skipping the midlands grand national in uttoxeter,some of the lads are off on an all day bender but theres a 50% chance of something silly happening probably dureing singing of no surrender in a local pub in my experience,the fact that england play the irish will exasibate matters.so ive been looking on the internet for something irish themed and that id enjoy and i stumbled on this.

http://tinglesmassage.com/rotas/     yep the local brothel is haveing an irish themed day..................times must be hard if even the brothels haveing a themed day.

:D

That is such a professional set up; good on them as I'm all for these being legalised and regulated.

Enjoy your day there.

I have a very yeasty homebrew reminiscent of original Guinness that you can still buy in cans (not a fan of the new stuff) so may have some of those.

Which I was probably going to do anyway but having an excuse is nice.

i cant go there its located next to my local the malt and hops,in fact the cameras from the pub cover the front of the brothel we sit at the bar sometimes and watch people loitering before they go in.saying that quite often one of the lads will say fk it and nip in next door for 30 minnutes lol.

Posted (edited)

It should called Plastic Paddy day because that is what it has become with all its cod "Oirishness", diddly oi music, frantic jigging and stout (an English drink anyway). St Patrick was not even Irish. He was Welsh

Edited by Virgil Caine

22 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

It should called Plastic Paddy day because that is what it has become with all its cod "Oirishness", diddly oi music, frantic jigging and stout (an English drink anyway). St Patrick was not even Irish. He was Welsh

i thought he was english to be fair,i see stoke are playing to so the pubs going to have sport on all day and theres an iron maiden tribute band on tonight 5 miles away

2 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

i thought he was english to be fair,i see stoke are playing to so the pubs going to have sport on all day and theres an iron maiden tribute band on tonight 5 miles away

Welsh, Scottish or English - nobody's quite sure.

3 minutes ago, This Time said:

Pity he didn’t stay there, caused no end of bother this side of the water 

Although without him it would probably have been the sun worshipers fighting the tree devotees 😀😀

21 minutes ago, This Time said:

true but lets look at the laws of probability,he came from a rich estate owning family almost certanly romano british,aready a christain.this is pre saxon times.but like you say nobodys sure.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, This Time said:

I think he most likely came from Banwen in south wales.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banwen

I feel a bit sorry for native Irishman who have to endure the antics of the rest of the world as it hijacks their national day.  In some ways it is better to be hated and reviled than endure the condescending love inflicted on St Patrick's day especially as in many ways it just retreads old British stereotypes of the Irish from the past.

Edited by Virgil Caine

22 minutes ago, Malthus said:

Pity he didn’t stay there, caused no end of bother this side of the water 

Although without him it would probably have been the sun worshipers fighting the tree devotees 😀😀

he incorperated the sun into the cross,clever lad the irish never noticed.around here is ironicly the last place to be pagan in the whole of the uk.and our king was rather good at defending his pagan ways  king penda what a lad

1 hour ago, stokiescum said:

well i aint siting in the house all weekend and ive decided to avoid meeting real irish sorts by skipping the midlands grand national in uttoxeter,some of the lads are off on an all day bender but theres a 50% chance of something silly happening probably dureing singing of no surrender in a local pub in my experience,the fact that england play the irish will exasibate matters.so ive been looking on the internet for something irish themed and that id enjoy and i stumbled on this.

http://tinglesmassage.com/rotas/     yep the local brothel is haveing an irish themed day..................times must be hard if even the brothels haveing a themed day.

Greater stoke is another country, isnt it?

And chain of knocking shops.

9 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

I think he most likely came from Banwen in south wales.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banwen

I feel a bit sorry for native Irishman who have to endure the antics of the rest of the world as it hijacks their national day.  In some ways it is better to be hated and reviled than endure the condescending love inflicted on St Patrick's day especially as in many ways it just retreads old British stereotypes of the Irish from the past.

Come on you lot, try a little harder. I’m sure we can put some kind of cheddar man like spin on him. Did he not spend time in Calais before entering the U.K.?

5 minutes ago, One percent said:

Come on you lot, try a little harder. I’m sure we can put some kind of cheddar man like spin on him. Did he not spend time in Calais before entering the U.K.?

The first British refugee?

24 minutes ago, One percent said:

is it cus iz black

19 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

The first British refugee?

well they are saying he was dark skinned and blue eyed and met a violent death,maybe a job for operation trident some things never change.

Posted (edited)

Doubtless most people singing Danny Boy all over the world today will not realise that the lyrics were written by an English solicitor from Somerset who never set foot in Ireland.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Boy

Ironically until the 1970s  the Irish used to celebrate the day as the Festival of St Patrick and they shut the pubs all day out of respect to their patron Saint.

https://www.irishcentral.com/roots/history/pubs-closed-ireland-st-patricks-day

The modern St Patrick's Day with its wall to wall boozing is an American invention.

Edited by Virgil Caine

Very true like Halloween which is huge in America I'm in the pub aready for a swift 3 pints they arnt showing the stoke game its the rugby and horse race ing today i will hit and run the pub today ie in and out all day got a fridge full of Stella and the pubs 30 secs away

image.jpg

34 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

Doubtless most people singing Danny Boy all over the world today will not realise that the lyrics were written by an English solicitor from Somerset who never set foot in Ireland.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Boy

Ironically until the 1970s  the Irish used to celebrate the day as the Festival of St Patrick and they shut the pubs all day out of respect to their patron Saint.

https://www.irishcentral.com/roots/history/pubs-closed-ireland-st-patricks-day

The modern St Patrick's Day with its wall to wall boozing is an American invention.

I didn't know that middle one, that is pretty amazing given that the Irish practically live in the pub. I know people who go on family visits to the rural south and they never get taken to see anything it's just go down the pub all day.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

I didn't know that middle one, that is pretty amazing given that the Irish practically live in the pub. I know people who go on family visits to the rural south and they never get taken to see anything it's just go down the pub all day.

The pubs still close on Christmas and good Friday, everybody gets doubly pissed on holy Thursday and Christmas Eve to make up for it.

6 hours ago, stokiescum said:

Damn..   missed steak and a blowjob day on the rota last Wednesday :D

Not sure you'd want a steak that had been cooked in a brothel though.. wonder what the chef uses for the "special seasoning" O.o

22 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Damn..   missed steak and a blowjob day on the rota last Wednesday :D

Not sure you'd want a steak that had been cooked in a brothel though.. wonder what the chef uses for the "special seasoning" O.o

if one is outside the pub at the correct time you can chat to the girls at shift change time has they wait for their taxis,they will even ask you for a light at times sadly i stoped smoking 2 years ago ,ps its normaly 21.45 ish lol