• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Recommended Posts

Just a heads up here. I wouldn’t think twice about stopping for the police on blue lights. I will after reading this

http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/news/16099417.Fake_police_officers_steal_car/

FAKE police officers attempting to pull over motorists with flashing blue lights have stolen a car and prompted four reports.

At around 6.30pm on March 14, a man in his twenties was driving along Wigley Bush Lane in South Weald when a silver Vauxhall flashed its blue lights.

He stopped believing it was a police car.

Two suspects got out of their vehicle, threatened the man, stole his black Ford Fiesta and drove both cars away.

Four reports of similarly suspicious behaviour in the Epping Forest area followed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That first report is walking distance of my house.

They must be a bunch of utter mongs though, targeting a Ford Fester, as this is Banker Central. Theyd have only had to wait a few minutes for something 10 times the value - case in point, I was at my private* gym earlier today and the other person there training with me was driving a Maserati. Around here that sort of car doesnt even turn heads.

*I mention this to illustrate that there was only a couple of us there, plus the owner.

Edited by Melchett

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Melchett said:

That first report is walking distance of my house.

They must be a bunch of utter mongs though, targeting a Ford Fester, as this is Banker Central. Theyd have only had to wait a few minutes for something 10 times the value - case in point, I was at my private* gym earlier today and the other person there training with me was driving a Maserati. Around here that sort of car doesnt even turn heads.

*I mention this to illustrate that there was only a couple of us there, plus the owner.

Just don’t pull over for the police as you drive round in your Maserati. o.O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Melchett said:

That first report is walking distance of my house.

They must be a bunch of utter mongs though, targeting a Ford Fester, as this is Banker Central. Theyd have only had to wait a few minutes for something 10 times the value - case in point, I was at my private* gym earlier today and the other person there training with me was driving a Maserati. Around here that sort of car doesnt even turn heads.

*I mention this to illustrate that there was only a couple of us there, plus the owner.

Maseratis aren't that expensive now to be fair. The Ghibli is Mondeo money almost. I think they're moving down the price range as their new SUV thing is about 40k iirc. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Melchett said:

That first report is walking distance of my house.

They must be a bunch of utter mongs though, targeting a Ford Fester, as this is Banker Central. Theyd have only had to wait a few minutes for something 10 times the value - case in point, I was at my private* gym earlier today and the other person there training with me was driving a Maserati. Around here that sort of car doesnt even turn heads.

*I mention this to illustrate that there was only a couple of us there, plus the owner.

They would do even better round here. I decided, on recommendation from here, to try the £5 bargain Beefeater lunch today. Followed a new Bentley 4x4 into the car park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

I paid for a tracking device back in the day when I had the WRX as they were a popular target for thieves. I'd expect every fancy car these days to have one - are they easily found and removed or subverted?

 

At a guess if the car is in a container being shipped abroad the tracker might not work too well 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, another illustration of why this doesn't seem quite right....  one of the three Aston Martin dealers in the country is also within walking distance.

which brings me to "why didn't I think of this straight away?" Possibly the fester driver is lying about the whole thing for some reason?

Edited by Melchett

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, swissy_fit said:

I paid for a tracking device back in the day when I had the WRX as they were a popular target for thieves. I'd expect every fancy car these days to have one - are they easily found and removed or subverted?

 

What's the point. If some scrote stole my car, no doubt it would be driven hard and maybe damaged. I'd sooner have the insurance pay out than a knackered car back.

BTW I took out another policy to give me a new vehicle if written off or stolen and not recovered. I wouldn't normally have that sort of additional insurance except that a few years ago my car was so extensively damaged by a stoned driver (high on cannabis the police said) who drove into the back of it on an otherwise empty motorway that it had to be written off. The insurance pay out was to my mind inadequate, however while they were arguing with me over a few thousand pounds they provided me with a hire car that would have cost me about 20 grand to hire over the period they prolonged my claim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Melchett said:

That first report is walking distance of my house.

They must be a bunch of utter mongs though, targeting a Ford Fester, as this is Banker Central. Theyd have only had to wait a few minutes for something 10 times the value - case in point, I was at my private* gym earlier today and the other person there training with me was driving a Maserati. Around here that sort of car doesnt even turn heads.

*I mention this to illustrate that there was only a couple of us there, plus the owner.

My first thought was: are they going to use it in another crime, and then dump it, so the value isn't material?

It seems like a pretty risky and high-profile way to steal a car, though, if that were the motive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, One percent said:

Just a heads up here. I wouldn’t think twice about stopping for the police on blue lights. I will after reading this

http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/news/16099417.Fake_police_officers_steal_car/

FAKE police officers attempting to pull over motorists with flashing blue lights have stolen a car and prompted four reports.

At around 6.30pm on March 14, a man in his twenties was driving along Wigley Bush Lane in South Weald when a silver Vauxhall flashed its blue lights.

He stopped believing it was a police car.

Two suspects got out of their vehicle, threatened the man, stole his black Ford Fiesta and drove both cars away.

Four reports of similarly suspicious behaviour in the Epping Forest area followed.

They stole a Ford Fiesta? I thought it would be an Aston Martin or something...

Weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

What's the point. If some scrote stole my car, no doubt it would be driven hard and maybe damaged. I'd sooner have the insurance pay out than a knackered car back.

BTW I took out another policy to give me a new vehicle if written off or stolen and not recovered. I wouldn't normally have that sort of additional insurance except that a few years ago my car was so extensively damaged by a stoned driver (high on cannabis the police said) who drove into the back of it on an otherwise empty motorway that it had to be written off. The insurance pay out was to my mind inadequate, however while they were arguing with me over a few thousand pounds they provided me with a hire car that would have cost me about 20 grand to hire over the period they prolonged my claim.

From memory it made the insurance cost less. As did the immobiliser which wasn't standard at the time. I also always parked it with a big steering lock on the steering wheel, so anyone but a "good" professional would have had to work a little bit to steal it. It was never nicked but of course that that could just be luck.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, swissy_fit said:

From memory it made the insurance cost less. As did the immobiliser which wasn't standard at the time. I also always parked it with a big steering lock on the steering wheel, so anyone but a "good" professional would have had to work a little bit to steal it. It was never nicked but of course that that could just be luck.

 

I used to take the fuel pump relay out of my XR3i.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, One percent said:

You can only drive one of those if you also have loafers with tassels twinned with white socks. 

And a shit load of money, prices for old fast fords are in bubble territory 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Malthus said:

And a shit load of money, prices for old fast fords are in bubble territory 

Bloody right.  Sierra Cosworths are going for a mint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.