• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

British policeman arrests woman for blowing toy horn

What a fucking joke.  Let's hope she takes these morons to the cleaners. I'd be interested to see exactly what she was arrested for. Public order offence or something?? don't make me laugh. Fuck them. Sue the cunts for false arrest, imprisonment the whole works.

There was something last year where a police officer arrested someone for something which apparently shocked his colleagues. I seem to recall that it began to circulate on social media that he then was subsequently transferred because other officers in his station allegedly would no longer work with him?

Anyone else remember that? I am sure that we discussed it on here or on TOS.

3 minutes ago, twocents said:

Soft target.

Are we saying our Police have become the same as litter wardens ?

Litter wardens pick on 75 year olds but ignore others.

Our Police arrest a harmless woman blowing a toy trumpet but ignore threatening behaviour by a group of men with weapons.

At the same time they complain they need more money to respond properly to terrorism. The Police precept  increases every year.

Focus on real threats not women with toy trumpets. 

Posted (edited)

If you aren't allowed to blow on a toy trumpet then they should withdraw them from sale.  Their main function is to be blown on to make a noise.

Under the circumstances is it wrong to think that the police officer's action was grossly offensive.

Edited by twocents

At least Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot etc had moral compasses (completely bat shit mental compasses but compasses nonetheless). These 21st century fascists don't even know what they're supposed to be Gestapoing half the time.

23 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

There was something last year where a police officer arrested someone for something which apparently shocked his colleagues. I seem to recall that it began to circulate on social media that he then was subsequently transferred because other officers in his station allegedly would no longer work with him?

Anyone else remember that? I am sure that we discussed it on here or on TOS.

Wouldn't that be refusing to help a police officer in his duties?  ;)

It wasn't even one of those loud compressed air ones.

ECHR Article 10 – Freedom of expression

1. Everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers. This article shall not prevent States from requiring the licensing of broadcasting, television or cinema enterprises.

2. The exercise of these freedoms, since it carries with it duties and responsibilities, may be subject to such formalities, conditions, restrictions or penalties as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society, in the interests of national security, territorial integrity or public safety, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, for the protection of the reputation or rights of others, for preventing the disclosure of information received in confidence, or for maintaining the authority and impartiality of the judiciary.

I hope the magistrate gives the cop a dressing down.

Posted (edited)

Slightly off the horn blower topic

ECHR Article 10 – Freedom of expression

1. Everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers. This article shall not prevent States from requiring the licensing of broadcasting, television or cinema enterprises.

2. The exercise of these freedoms, since it carries with it duties and responsibilities, may be subject to such formalities, conditions, restrictions or penalties as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society, in the interests of national security, territorial integrity or public safety, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, for the protection of the reputation or rights of others, for preventing the disclosure of information received in confidence, or for maintaining the authority and impartiality of the judiciary.

Apart from the UK authorities breaking eu law in being racist and discriminatory as well as hateful in their treatment of Lauren Southern it also looks as if they broke the law under ECHR Article 10 as well.

or for maintaining the authority and impartiality of the judiciary.

That one seems to have gone well by the board.

Edited by twocents

2 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

IMO the rot set in with the police in the 1990s. Partly because of Blair's attempts to turn them into a sort of left-wing version of the Brownshirts, but also because by then the last generation of coppers who had gone through National Service were retiring. It's hard to believe that someone who'd seen action in Malaya or Kenya etc (or policed the Miner's Strike) would be that worried about a toy trumpet. 

Good point.  There's many a saying about petty officialdom and they all seem to ring true.

Posted (edited)

She was being rather jolly and simply stating that she didn’t see why she couldn’t continue to blow the trumpet and then proceeded to do so in a jolly and non-aggressive manner. All I could hear was the noise of that chainsaw in the background. The copper looked like a right sad sack - I bet he wouldn’t have marched back to a mouthy lout.

Edited by OurDayWillCome

3 hours ago, JFK said:

What a fucking joke.  Let's hope she takes these morons to the cleaners. I'd be interested to see exactly what she was arrested for. Public order offence or something?? don't make me laugh. Fuck them. Sue the cunts for false arrest, imprisonment the whole works.

Blowing on an underage boy's horn.

Actually it's stuff like this that makes me want to go a bit V for Vendetta and get everyone to buy a horn and blow it. Same goes for everyone teaching their dogs to do nazi salutes. If everyone does it then they who are they going to arrest, all of us?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Battenberg said:

Actually it's stuff like this that makes me want to go a bit V for Vendetta and get everyone to buy a horn and blow it. Same goes for everyone teaching their dogs to do nazi salutes. If everyone does it then they who are they going to arrest, all of us?

I hold the same view about paying rent or council tax, or the TV license, or  ... Oh, for a bit of joined up action

The powers that be are lucky we all distrust each other more than we distrust them.

At the moment

Edited by Hopeful

the police were responding to a complaint by a member of the public, she also set off a rape alarm because she said the trees were being raped, think it's clever of the woman because it's raised the profile of the protest

Posted (edited)

The link below gives some more details.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/our-region/south-yorkshire/sheffield/woman-arrested-for-blowing-horn-at-sheffield-tree-felling-protest-1-9076222

She was arrested for on suspicion of causing intentional harm or distress, under Section 4a of the Public Order Act 1986 and has received a court summons

I remember Blair saying in response to some complaint that at least you are free to say that in the UK rather than in places like the middle east.

Then he immediately went and changed the laws on free speech and let uncontrolled numbers of people from the middle east etc enter Britain.

Look at free speech now - it's a shriveled up version in comparison to before his nasty reich.

Edited by twocents

One of my women co-workers is married to a desk sergeant, he came home really late one night.

Reason he gave was that PC Gonmahd spent his last shift before leaving the force giving out penalty notices for all sorts of normally tolerated, or overlooked offences.

One of which was a dozen terraced streets where owners had parked their cars against the flow of traffic ie facing towards oncoming cars so their rear reflectors would not illuminate. Issued nearly 200 tickets.

The desk sergeant said he had a queue stretching out of the Police Station. When he next sees PC Gonmahd he's going to knock him out.

25 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

One of my women co-workers is married to a desk sergeant, he came home really late one night.

Reason he gave was that PC Gonmahd spent his last shift before leaving the force giving out penalty notices for all sorts of normally tolerated, or overlooked offences.

One of which was a dozen terraced streets where owners had parked their cars against the flow of traffic ie facing towards oncoming cars so their rear reflectors would not illuminate. Issued nearly 200 tickets.

The desk sergeant said he had a queue stretching out of the Police Station. When he next sees PC Gonmahd he's going to knock him out.

Gonmahd?