• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spygirl

3 years from Shoreham and ...

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5528497/Shoreham-air-crash-disaster-charging-decision-TONIGHT.html

Pilot needed to be held in jail whilst all this was going on.

The number of deaths are too high to let him have freedom.

Needs to be jailed for the rest of his life.

It was way to long in coming even the families of the victims have said so, 

The AAIB needs to be looked at and a spotlight shone on their dragging investigations out for years.

It was Shoreham that forced them to start issuing interim reports as they knew the public were not going to stand for them keeping everything under wraps for a year or more.

My money is on some aerobatic attempt gone wrong with the Red Arrows crash at Anglessey on monday too.

This idiot Hill was swanning around in a Porsche when he should have been in jail, 

he also reportedly sent flowers to the victims families which caused great upset.

There should be a closer look at the display team from North Weald that were running this plane and the Gnat which crashed at the CarFest display at Oulton park just 2 weeks earlier, it was all connected. 

Edited by WorkingPoor

< nods in agreement

The pilot should have been treated in exactly the same way as a driver would have been had they performed "stunts" in their car in such a way that bystanders could have been, or, were, injured or killed. Except that I suppose I would have expected a pilot to have been more responsible than an eighteen year old youth with a quick hatchback. There is no difference.

I'm not sure I agree with that. He was being paid to perform stunts in a plane which people were paying money to watch. I don't know how many of the dead were watching or planned to watch, but a good number of them were, IIRC. The organisers should be responsible, that's why they have public liability insurance.

Don't know if the stories about him acting strangely or without a care afterwards are accurate, so I pay them no heed. Sounds like tabloid bollocks.

Also a bit concerned that Mail Online (of all websites!) has locked comments on this while the court case is going on. If you are going to post on it please be mindful of this or I will have to remove posts if they err to close to the line, until the case is over. Sorry o.O

I see the Benny Hill scum pilot has prominently shouted out "Not Guilty" from the dock,

To each of the 11 charges of manslaughter

and 1 of recklesslely endangering an aircraft. 

Scum pilot on trial jan 14th 2019 for 5 weeks. 

6 hours ago, WorkingPoor said:

I see the Benny Hill scum pilot has prominently shouted out "Not Guilty" from the dock,

To each of the 11 charges of manslaughter

and 1 of recklesslely endangering an aircraft. 

Scum pilot on trial jan 14th 2019 for 5 weeks. 

Yep.

So far up his own arse/mental.

He's being charged with manslaughter.

He was in a plane that crashed and killed all these people.

If he'd killed 1 person in something that was an accident then I might give hm a pass.

But 27 from a massive fuck up. Nah.

This clown should have been locked up whilst the case was being investigated.

10 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Yep.

So far up his own arse/mental.

He's being charged with manslaughter.

He was in a plane that crashed and killed all these people.

If he'd killed 1 person in something that was an accident then I might give hm a pass.

But 27 from a massive fuck up. Nah.

This clown should have been locked up whilst the case was being investigated.

It's eleven and no different from a minibus crash or any other manslaughter case where the only case for custody and refusal of bail would be if they were a threat to the public or might flee the country.  

4 minutes ago, SNACR said:

It's eleven and no different from a minibus crash or any other manslaughter case where the only case for custody and refusal of bail would be if they were a threat to the public or might flee the country.  

Yep, 11. My mistake.

However, with the recent rise in EE truckers and multiple deaths - none more than 11 (from mmory). These people ARE locked up before trial.

Yes, I know they could leg it to EE.

But the numbers killed are too high to give this bloke a pass.

On 22/03/2018 at 14:02, WorkingPoor said:

The AAIB needs to be looked at and a spotlight shone on their dragging investigations out for years.

Yes, a quick jump to conclusions is far better than a thorough investigation. Satisfying the curiousity of Interweb amateur sleuths is more important than actually understanding what went wrong.

On 22/03/2018 at 14:02, WorkingPoor said:

There should be a closer look at the display team from North Weald that were running this plane and the Gnat which crashed at the CarFest display at Oulton park just 2 weeks earlier, it was all connected.

Ah, there you go. Attaboy. Don't forget to work a cockpit fight into your narrative.

5 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

Can they bring a civil case against him?

Yes, I think anyone who has suffered a loss could sue; also a private prosecution might be possible. The standards of proof might still be above WorkingPoors levels, though.

37 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

Yes, I think anyone who has suffered a loss could sue; also a private prosecution might be possible. The standards of proof might still be above WorkingPoors levels, though.

Heh heh heh heh i suppose you are on cloud 9 today eh mate? 

cock-a-hoop

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

Heh heh heh heh i suppose you are on cloud 9 today eh mate? 

cock-a-hoop

No. Actually, I think the pilot probably was to blame in this case. But not beyond reasonable doubt, which was the bar set in a criminal prosecution. The jury evidently agrees.

The problem for the prosecution was that they couldn't find 12 ill-informed welders with a obsessive and pathological hatred of aviation that borders on a personality disorder.

Edited by Happy Renting

Odd decision  to be honest. 

Thay said it always amazes me when the families say there was no justice if there is no conviction. 

Surely that is the point of the justice system to examine the evidence and say if it was criminal or not. Not to make the families feel better by jailing someone 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

No. Actually, I think the pilot probably was to blame in this case. But not beyond reasonable doubt, which was the bar set in a criminal prosecution. The jury evidently agrees.

The problem for the prosecution was that they couldn't find 12 ill-informed welders with a obsessive and pathological hatred of aviation that borders on a personality disorder.

i dont mind a bit of aviation 

(as long as any silly old duffer over 55 is not anywhere near the controls)

an there'in lies the problem. 

its infested with these types 

every sunday one of these silly old f**ks spears into a field somewhere around the UK

Ask Sala B|

Edited by WorkingPoor

6 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

i dont mind a bit of aviation 

(as long as any silly old duffer over 55 is not anywhere near the controls)

an there'in lies the problem. 

its infested with these types 

every sunday one of these silly old f**ks spears into a field somewhere around the UK

Ask Sala B|

I'm not a pilot, though I wish I had learned when I had the chance.

Me, I hate welders. Swanning around drinking Babycham and showing off their MIG welders. Bastards.