• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
humdrum

EU leaders deny statement backing second Brexit

There is only one thing I know about the whole Brexit concept.

Either you vote to stay in, and stay in.

Or vote to leave and leave.

There is no middle way.  None.  

32 minutes ago, dgul said:

There is only one thing I know about the whole Brexit concept.

Either you vote to stay in, and stay in.

Or vote to leave and leave.

There is no middle way.  None.  

Quite wrong. You vote to leave, but the elite of your country don’t agree so they pretend to implement leaving, but actually you stay. With no vote. 

Edit : sorry I forgot, you get blue passports.

Edited by swissy_fit

1 hour ago, swissy_fit said:

Quite wrong. You vote to leave, but the elite of your country don’t agree so they pretend to implement leaving, but actually you stay. With no vote. 

That would be the worst outcome. We are already used to hearing the words "We can't do anything about it, it's the EU!" but for that to be actually true....

I can feel my piss boiling as I type this. >:(

Does anyone feel British anymore? As in an affinity to their country? Proud to be British? I don't. I certainly used to 15-20 years ago.

I'm not sure I really care about Brexit, because our own population is developing a very strange culture and our political leaders are completly incompetent. I'm just not convinced we'll make good the opportunity

3 minutes ago, BBH said:

Does anyone feel British anymore? As in an affinity to their country? Proud to be British? I don't. I certainly used to 15-20 years ago.

I'm not sure I really care about Brexit, because our own population is developing a very strange culture and our political leaders are completly incompetent. I'm just not convinced we'll make good the opportunity

Agreed but I would rather we at least try. 

I feel a change in the wind on Brexit. Up until a few weeks ago I was certain it wasn't going to happen or, if it did, it would be so diluted as to make no real difference but, now, it's beginning to look like it might go through more or less in the form that people who voted for it wanted. The polls seem to back this up too:

https://order-order.com/2018/03/23/new-poll-shows-overwhelming-majority-want-get-brexit/

3 hours ago, BBH said:

The test is, would you fight to defend the country?  As an immigrant, this question is an easy test of whether I am really part of society.

Hong Kong, No.

Australia, yes (became citizen because I felt I belonged)

UK - NO.  And that is shocking, as I have ancestors from there for thousands of years.  I would only fight if the express aim was to, after victory, hold trials and execute all those in power/media 1980-2020 who betrayed the country.

7 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

I feel a change in the wind on Brexit. Up until a few weeks ago I was certain it wasn't going to happen or, if it did, it would be so diluted as to make no real difference but, now, it's beginning to look like it might go through more or less in the form that people who voted for it wanted. The polls seem to back this up too:

https://order-order.com/2018/03/23/new-poll-shows-overwhelming-majority-want-get-brexit/

What on earth makes you think that anyone in Westminster will care what the people really want?

They'll do Brexit, but only in name.

47 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

What on earth makes you think that anyone in Westminster will care what the people really want?

They'll do Brexit, but only in name.

They care briefly when there’s an election coming up, but that’s not really why I feel things are shifting. It’s more about a general change in tone by the people involved, a move to some kind of resignation that it’s going to have to go ahead more or less as intended and, whilst they can delay it somewhat, they can’t actually stop it. But we’ll see, I’ve only just started to think that and it could easily shift back in the other direction.

12 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

They care briefly when there’s an election coming up, but that’s not really why I feel things are shifting. It’s more about a general change in tone by the people involved, a move to some kind of resignation that it’s going to have to go ahead more or less as intended and, whilst they can delay it somewhat, they can’t actually stop it. But we’ll see, I’ve only just started to think that and it could easily shift back in the other direction.

May local elections coming up?  3 May.  They are quite adept at communicating mindset changes for short periods.

Edited by twocents